Have to vent

Hi, I’m new to the forum as well as to the commercial maritime industry, and I thought today would be a great time to vent my frustration.

So anyway, I am an AB, and a couple weeks ago, I got a call from cmar America. They needed to crew a ship called the pico 4, run by Petroleus Mexicanos.

In the last two weeks, my flight has been canceled and rebooked 3 times, culminating this morning when finally I thought I may make it to corpus Christi where the ship is. So I get to the airport only to find out that cmar changed my flight to tomorrow. That’s it, no email or call just me looking like a jack ass.

I’m very seriously considering just giving up here. This seems so unprofessional.

Is this normal to be tossed around like this? What would any of you do?

Depends, how bad you need the work.

Call the crewing office every hour until you get a straight answer out of them. And then call every day to confirm your flight.

I believe there was a post on here recently that made the same complaint about C Mar, do a search on here, maybe this is just their M.O. to save money on crew as the ships schedule fluctuates. It’s F’d up for sure, but it wont be last, or biggest, shit sandwhich you’ll eat in this industry.