First Avantage/Hirecheck

First Advantage / HireCheck anyone care to comment…just sent off for my annual copy of my report…if you are unaware of what these fine poeple are about you might want to get informed.

Seadawg,what do they charge you for that?..
From the website it looks like they can pretty much tell a present or future employer, anything that they want to know about an employee …

Shellback,
you are entitled to one free every 12 months…you can down load the instructions and form from their website.
they are a data base…much like a equifax…report contains: employment, driving, criminal, credit, medical, litigation records that might negatively impact prospective employment.
I routinely request one each year…just like the credit reports…I don’t like mistakes or surpises…I have found irregularties in the past…must say they are quick to respond with corrections.

[quote=seadawg;13891]Shellback,
you are entitled to one free every 12 months…you can down load the instructions and form from their website.
they are a data base…much like a equifax…report contains: employment, driving, criminal, credit, medical, litigation records that might negatively impact prospective employment.
I routinely request one each year…just like the credit reports…I don’t like mistakes or surpises…I have found irregularties in the past…must say they are quick to respond with corrections.[/quote]

Yes, I see it is very much like equifax, or other reporting agencies…

I’m glad that they respond to inaccurate information that can have catastrophic effects on peoples lives…Like their livelihood…

I can say without regret, that in the past 20 years of being an independent businessman, I have never had the need for such services…:cool: I guess I may be one of the lucky ones…

One wrong answer on a job application can easily, be verified , " if " they, correctly, have their shit together…
key word being “if”…

The thing that bothers me is, one bad thing can happen and it doesn’t matter who, or what caused it, just being there, in the wrong place at the wrong time, can cripple you for life…Now it’s documented for all to see, forget about circumstancial evidence…When would you get to present your side ?? During the job interview?? Not likely…:mad:

These people and this corporation may seem like a solution to employers needs…There are however, taking out the human element of the equation and in my opinion , are part of the problem…At least for potential employees…

I’m glad you brought this to our attention…This is technology that we will all be faced with and knowing about it, we will all be the wiser…

FYI…this has been going on for years…if there is a “black list” out there for our industry this might be “it”…all quite legal of course…quite a few companies in the marine industry subscribe to their services…alot of the GoM companies in particular!

[FONT=Calibri]It’s very unclear via the web site how to request a free check of your own records. Does a mariner have to go to each individual agency themselves for the free check, or will this corporation do it for you? You mentioned a form so I am searching the web site for that. I also tried calling them but I guess its before business hours there.<O:p</O:p
I agree this is a must for any mariner. I never thought of it till now but a mistake in any of these databases could potentially damage what should be a clean record.<O:p</O:p
[/FONT]

best and surest way…1.800.321.4473 and follow prompts.

Here is the web site for the free employment report.

Capt. Brian,

thank you for the help by posting that…I’m still self-teaching the finer points of this internet “stuff”.

Not a problem Seadawg…glad to help out.

Thank you Brian dont know why I could not find it.