Final trip to the gulf

I made another trip down to the GOM last week…I was offered a spot with Otto Candies…They were one of my first choices to work for…All went well until the physical…

I had back surgery 9 years ago for a herniated disc in my lower back…My doctor released me with no limitations or disability…I have worked in the trucking industry for those past 9 years as well…In that time I have passed 5 DOT physicals and 2 Coast Guard Physicals…

But the company Dr.s, for Candies said that they would put a lifting limitation on me of 50 lbs…The companies policy and job description is 100 lbs…Long story short I am not employable for them…

I had another opportunity with Chouest but was up front with them once I found out that I may have a limitation issue…same thing…

There are spots still down there if you present your self properly and be persistant,I met several people at the medical clinic in Houma that were all new hires for various companies…

There were also people there going through the physical process that were being x-rayed for prior surgeries…Like myself…Luckily for me Otto Candies agreed to pay for it but some folks were having to pay out of pocket…I’ve never seen anything written here about this but it’s something to keep in mind if you fall into this category…

Not to sure which direction to go now, going to have to give this some thought…