Farewell to Robin Williams, the man who brought Popeye to life

IF you haven’t heard, Robin Williams was found dead in his home this morning. Rest in peace, Mr. Williams. You’ve brought smiles and laughter to billions, and sorrow in your passing.

only 63…so young to pass away like he did

oh well, he’s trading yuks with Jonathan Winters in Heaven tonight…

farewell Popeye

Committed suicide, might not be in heaven

[QUOTE=skycowboy;142200]Committed suicide, might not be in heaven[/QUOTE]

haven’t seen that reported yet although he struggled with depression his whole life but there never is excuse enough to kill oneself. If true it is so very tragic and unnecessary…he would have had immeasurable levels of professional medical support available to him to turn to in deep despair.

If he isn’t I don’t wanna go either as it must be a pretty shitty place. Sane people do not commit suicide. Sick people die from many causes and God probably understands more than mere mortals give God credit for…Robin Williams brought a lot of pleasure and happiness to a huge number of people in the world. More than any priest, preacher or evangelist I can think of. I am sure he is at peace now.

SHAZBOT!!!

Well damn he’s with Orson now I guess.

Just when my youngest ones were starting to recognize and rely on his brilliance. Thought they would’ve grown up feeling they had a connection with him too.

Nanu nanu my old friend.

Not knocking you beliefs- but I think God, if he exists, would not punish someone for that.

He was probably on those damn suicide pills. These fucking anti depressants are increasingly causing people to take their own lives. I don’t know how religious he was I’m doubting he cared about getting into heaven but I do know the Bible has plenty of warnings about suicide.

http://www.openbible.info/topics/suicide

Not a particularly religious guy myself, but as someone who had been closely affected by suicide I tend to agree. Despite some
Static in certain sects, the Church does not like suicide however you’re not automatically banished to hell. I can’t see taking an already fucked up situation and giving it religious shit.

Suicide sucks, I don’t make excuses for anyone or condone it, but hope you never are close to someone who makes that type of decision. The hardest thing is wondering why, and obviously you can never truly know why.

[QUOTE=z-drive;142261]Not a particularly religious guy myself, but as someone who had been closely affected by suicide I tend to agree. Despite some
Static in certain sects, the Church does not like suicide however you’re not automatically banished to hell. I can’t see taking an already fucked up situation and giving it religious shit.

Suicide sucks, I don’t make excuses for anyone or condone it, but hope you never are close to someone who makes that type of decision. The hardest thing is wondering why, and obviously you can never truly know why.[/QUOTE]

Ah, too late for that.

I’ve had two family members, a friend and at least one Navy shipmate (who hanged himself on the ship) take their own lives over the years and yes indeed, you can spend an awful lot of time and grief wondering what could have been done differently. Then there is an anger phase and then guilt for feeling angry- or maybe that’s just me, but that’s what I felt. That’s why I can’t imagine a God who would punish someone who is already at the peak of despair.

Sunset over Robins house. We might be sad, but I’m hoping there’s some angels laughing like hell…

Sad too is the abuse the internet troll brigade has heaped upon his family. His daughter Zelda had to get off social media because of all the a-holes and their nasty comments, including blame directed at her. Sick people out there.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Williams was battling early stages of Parkinson’s, which is well known to go hand in hand with depression. He was Episcopalian. He had a debilitating mental illness he’d been battling for years along with drug and alcohol addiction. Leave the fucking guy alone with this getting into heaven shit. He’s finally at peace and I’m pretty sure he’s done more for mankind than any of the forum posters here at gCaptain.