Engineer, Panama City Fl

A buddy of mine is looking for someone to service restaurant equipment. If this interests anyone PM me and maybe I can hook you up.

Is fry-tech endorsement required?

Yes both basic and advanced frying are required

Will a 6000itc advanced fry tech endorsement be good enough? It’s oceans so if he takes his fryer over seas I got it covered.

it’s a metric fryer, might be better to leave it to Europeans

Why have a metric fryer when there are plenty of standard fryers more than capable of doing the job?

Damn you're right all I have is a domestic fryer endorsement there is no international STCW equivalent.  Sorry skycowboy I thought I could help but I'm woefully under qualified.

From what I hear the metric fryers are more expensive but the same or better quality as the domestic fryers. Who knows why people do what they do? I bet the price for the metric fryer is higher because they kick back to the buyer for using their product.

[QUOTE=skycowboy;184320]Yes both basic and advanced frying are required[/QUOTE]

Only basic and advanced classes, not a full Fry Operator Unlimited certificate?

the only difference between limited and unlimited is that those with unlimited docs can operate a battery powered fryer where others are limited to AC models.

This is all fun but have you seen a SOLAS approved deep fat fryer?

It looks like they only layed off engineers but all the comedians are still working…lol

[QUOTE=injunear;184330]This is all fun but have you seen a SOLAS approved deep fat fryer?[/QUOTE]

Are those the ones with the flashy lights and whistles? DING! ORDER UP!

[QUOTE=skycowboy;184331]It looks like they only layed off engineers but all the comedians are still working…lol[/QUOTE]

No joke. SOLAS vessels require an independent fire suppression system for deep fat fryers.

Does the fryer keep running when the batteries are disconnected? Do SOLAS friers require redundant battery installations? Are these DP3 friers we talkin about?

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;184335]Does the fryer keep running when the batteries are disconnected? Do SOLAS friers require redundant battery installations? Are these DP3 friers we talkin about?[/QUOTE]

Maybe they’ll come up with an addendum that at least one basket is powered off the emergency buss!

Google SOLAS deep fat fryers and see the selection.

only the over heat shut off solenoid runs on battery power.

It’s in the GOM so if it’s DP3 that would Imply a foreign vessel on waivers.

I thought we already established it was a metric fryer?

not necessarily. We await the foremost authority on all things metric and superior