Cruise Ships

Hey I am a brazilian deck cadet. I’m aiming to work on cruise ships so I wanna know from someone who works on a cruise whats the requirements to work on a cruise and if you have ever seen an brazilian officer working on it. Please feedback me too what you guys think about brazilian officers if you have ever working with one aboard. Thank you

[QUOTE=Victor Amante;145260]Hey I am a brazilian deck cadet. I’m aiming to work on cruise ships so I wanna know from someone who works on a cruise whats the requirements to work on a cruise and if you have ever seen an brazilian officer working on it. Please feedback me too what you guys think about brazilian officers if you have ever working with one aboard. Thank you[/QUOTE]

This isn’t the best place for that kind of info. Just sayin’.

send me your address kid so I can mail you a present you can play with in the tub…

oh to be so young, naive and STOOPID again…

Big fan of the Brazilian. But doesn’t it hurt and itch afterwards? That sounds like a common sea going malady though.

[QUOTE=KPChief;145453]Big fan of the Brazilian. But doesn’t it hurt and itch afterwards? That sounds like a common sea going malady though.[/QUOTE]

but getting one would likely make this kid very popular with his shipmates…

why are these FNGs (especially cadets!) allowed to post such as one like this?..shouldn’t there be some test they need to pass to show that they understand the ramifications of what they are asking?

[QUOTE=c.captain;145456]…shouldn’t there be some test they need to pass to show that they understand the ramifications of what they are asking?[/QUOTE]

That is a loaded question an most probably rhetorical but…You would think the training of any ships officer any where would include enough theoretical and practical learning opportunities to start them on the road to becoming ‘problem solvers’. With regards to a test … one might hope they would be of a mindset to use the search function and see what has been written/discussed in the past about working on cruise ships. Maybe look at the forum index and see that Maritime Academy > Cadet Talk might be more appropriate than Professional Mariner section. This seems indicative of a spiraling generational desire for instant gratification, short cut taking, etc. But perhaps I go too far in my generalizing. Nah!

Speaking of tests though, it reminds me of the drilling company personnel test. Do you know of it? They put you in a perfectly square and empty room with 4 perfectly spherical ball bearing like objects. They leave the first guy in there and he puts one ball in each corner of the room. The assessor comes in and says “very good, well organized and executed - you sir are a toolpusher”. The next guy goes in and when the assessor comes in he has all four balls stacked vertically on each other in the center of the room. He says “wow, very nice you sir are an OIM”. The next guy goes in and and a time later the assessor shows up and the guy is standing there with one ball. The assessor says “what’s up, what happened”. The guy explains, he lost one, he broke one and is taking one home. He becomes a roughneck.

[QUOTE=KPChief;145476]Speaking of tests though, it reminds me of the drilling company personnel test. Do you know of it? They put you in a perfectly square and empty room with 4 perfectly spherical ball bearing like objects. They leave the first guy in there and he puts one ball in each corner of the room. The assessor comes in and says “very good, well organized and executed - you sir are a toolpusher”. The next guy goes in and when the assessor comes in he has all four balls stacked vertically on each other in the center of the room. He says “wow, very nice you sir are an OIM”. The next guy goes in and and a time later the assessor shows up and the guy is standing there with one ball. The assessor says “what’s up, what happened”. The guy explains, he lost one, he broke one and is taking one home. He becomes a roughneck.[/QUOTE]

if he was a Fillipino, he’d have sewn all four of them into his scrotum by the time the assessor returned…

Hey guys. I’m sorry if my questions was not what you guys were expecting or even if it was in a non-appropriated topic. I’ve jsut discovered this forum, in the internet there are very few information sources about this. I feel like brazilian merchant are very isolated of the world, lack of worldwide merchant information. Anyway could you guys guide me trought this forum? I’m very sry about everything