Covid-19 News/Updates

The ccp weaponized by getting the chinese to eat bats

In Asia they are eating bats already for ages. I cook every now and then an Indonesian dish called Ayam Paniki, the latter means bat. We use chicken these days. Bats seem to taste like chicken meat, hence… They were/are a welcome source of scarce protein and easy to harvest in the caves were they house in huge numbers during the day time.

Yes there are MANY forms of Corona viruses. They exists all over the world and has been known for decades. They can and do exist in humans. Some may cause “common cold” and other are harmless.

I though that theory had been debunked several times over and only exist in conspiracy theories? (OK also in Trump’s tweets and speeches, but isn’t that the same?)

Hasn’t it been proven that the virus jumped from cave dwelling bats to wild animals that ended up in the market in Wuhan?

BTW; The bats that is eaten is the much larger Fruit Bats (Flying Foxes):
https://www.nps.gov/teachers/classrooms/what-is-a-fruit-bat.htm

PS> You can get those in JB, if you are interested.

I dont know what version they eat but yes, lots of research going into corona viruses in bats.
USA was funding some money to that lab in Wuhan as the research was banned in the USA

the WHO thinks it was bats that spread the nipah ( named after a town) virus that killed lots in Malaysia.

Yes I remember that. Live pigs and pork import from Malaysia was banned in Singapore for a while because of the Nipah epidemic there:

PS> Frozen pork and fresh (chilled) air-flown pork from Australia was available, even at the wet markets in Singapore.

Some hope there!!

It’s interesting that even though covid cases are increasing in the US the number of deaths are dropping.

They are saying less people are dying because more young people are getting it, and people have stronger immune systems in the summer in part because of increased vitamin d levels.

Perhaps but some of those who survived will have crippling effects from the disease for years. Merely not dying is not something success should be based upon.

1 Like

There are reports in the news today that the Bubonic Plague has been detected in central Mongolia.

We heard Inner Mongolia and it is not that uncommon there although usually only single digit infections.
Easily treatable with anti-biotics apparently.

There is a big thread about the thousands of crew still stuck cruise ships on reddit:

I wonder when the cruise lines will start charging them for room and board.

1 Like

Cranking out ventilators is easy unlike training the nurses in numbers for manning (oops, wrong word these days or is womanizing better?"…:wink:) these machines which requires a lot of knowledge.

I understand a number of hospitals in the south have reached their capacity. That means that the drama of triage will start as from that moment.

Hospitals and other use the term staffing levels.

1 Like

The finer finesses of a language. Staffing is indeed a neutral word in that respect.

2 Likes

Took me quite some time to say “Flight Attendants” instead of “Stewardess”.

1 Like

Sometimes they get called an ‘Air Hostess’, although I don’t hear that term much anymore. From working with Filipinos I found out that the term ‘hostess’ means something very different to them…

1 Like

trolley dolly?
covers both sexes on Qantas

2 Likes