Chao time again

1 Like

Who could have ever imagined that she’d help her family FOC interests using her office, staff and influence? Hmm? Surprise!!!

1 Like

A very easy target for speculation.

1 Like

Maybe we finally have a DOJ that might uphold the law instead of the cult.

5 Likes

This is all they found before they stopped investigating. When will DOJ start prosecuting the Washington elite instead of investigating and then doing nothing?

When DOJ leadership isn’t part of the “elite”.

1 Like

Perhaps we should change that then.

Sorry fellas, “Elite” will always be there, no matter what party.Perhaps going against the grain here (On this site anyway) but believe Chao knowing the incredible forces against her and her husband, was very wise to that fact. I don’t think she took advantage of her well earned position. Last three DOT’s had limited success as well as the Marad appointee in each administration. Buzby was a breath of fresh air. Sad to see one of the good guys go. Our loss, who is next? Pick a better one folks.

1 Like

I don’t see how. Kind of like expecting a tiger to be able to change his stripes. Anyone in the leadership role of a federal department or agency gets there by being part of the elite.

3 Likes

We need an amendment to the Constitution or we need to have a law made setting up an investigative and enforcement branch just for members of congress and executive branch since they obviously won’t police themselves.

1 Like

The Congressional Ethics Committee does a pretty good job of protecting its den of thieves, liars, and perverts. The number of them seems to have exploded starting in 1981 but went almost down to none in the past 4 years.

Somehow I don’t really believe the rate and scope of criminal politicians dropped since 2017. Maybe, just maybe the drop has something to do with what might kindly be described as “regulatory capture”.

1 Like

Congressional and Ethics. There is an oxymoron for you.

1 Like

SeaEagle, we are curious now your connection to Mrs. Chao? Do tell.

1 Like

What were the incredible forces against her? American citizens concerned about her support of a foreign company and furthering her own stake in said company as opposed to doing her job? Citizens outside of the state of Kentucky wondering why they’re not getting as much aid? She almost seemed “wise to the fact” that she was borderline untouchable because of her husband and his connections to the President.

2 Likes

Ask the Republicans who are stonewalling the confirmation of Merrick Garland…this time for AG

1 Like

I don’t blame one side or the other.

“They” are in it together to maintain a two party system “They” want to keep their power so the charade endures for our benefit.

1 Like

Their benefit, not ours.

Exactly.

1 Like

The Chao family is well known within China with numerous business and government connections. In 2008 Mitch McConnel and his wife got $25 million from the Chao family as a gift. That Elaine Chao is married to a senior US senator is material for a spy novel. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That should have been all that was needed to immediately remove both of them from government.

1 Like