C-Mar urgently needs the following

currently *looking for the following ASAP to assist with oil recovery efforts. **This job is expected to begin on or around the 10th of May for an expected minimum period of 90-120 days.

6 off 1600T masters
3 off 1600T or OSV certified Ch.Eng
6 Deck hands (3 must be ABs)
3 Oilers

In addition to a 200t tug (non STCW95)
2 Capt can have 200T license or higher
1 Eng can be certified with DDE or unlimited
2 deck hands

Marcie Viator
US Logistics
C-MAR America, Inc.
107 Global Cr., Ste. 202
Lafayette, LA 70503
T: *337-406-2864
F: *337-406-2866

Send documents to C-Mar at hr@c-mar.com

[QUOTE=TMac;31986]currently *looking for the following ASAP to assist with oil recovery efforts. **This job is expected to begin on or around the 10th of May for an expected minimum period of 90-120 days.

6 off 1600T masters
3 off 1600T or OSV certified Ch.Eng
6 Deck hands (3 must be ABs)
3 Oilers

In addition to a 200t tug (non STCW95)
2 Capt can have 200T license or higher
1 Eng can be certified with DDE or unlimited
2 deck hands

Marcie Viator
US Logistics
C-MAR America, Inc.
107 Global Cr., Ste. 202
Lafayette, LA 70503
T: *337-406-2864
F: *337-406-2866[/QUOTE]

Hello. My name is Phillip L. Finley II. I just moved to Vallejo, CA from St.louis, MO two weeks ago. I am seeking employment as deckhand/mate or steersman. I am a very skilled captain and experienced deckhand/mate 19 years on vessels upon western rivers. I have run 32 different tugs,and one 15 car ferry in Grafton IL, all were 2oo gross tons or less with 600hp to 1800hp, in St. Louis harbor. I performed fleet work, which involved shifting barges 200 x 35 reg. size, putting together tows of 30 loaded barges for south bound m/v’s to pick up or 16 empty barges for north bound m/v’s to pick up. All 19 years of experience consisted of 12 hour shifts all night shift.I manuvered in close quarters, through locks & bridges, in narrow channels. I operated in all weather conditions fog, rain, snow, storms etc…without stoping most of the time.I never had any serious accindents that dammaged company property or deck crew. I’m on my 3rd set of license. I just renewed my license & all endorsements (including radar & fcc).I have current TWIC card . I also have a clean criminial back ground and a clean driver record. I have never failed or refusued an drug test. I would like to get deck time in to upgrade my license before they expire. Can you help? Thank you Phillip L Finley II. phillipfinley@ymail.com. Thank you

Does anyone here know anything about C-MAR?? I did a search for a thread here and nothing came up.

[QUOTE=Boatahaulic;32127]Does anyone here know anything about C-MAR?? I did a search for a thread here and nothing came up.[/QUOTE]

C-Mar is a crewing agency. I think their website is www.c-mar.com
They have an office in Houston, and Lafayette. The job is posted out of the Lafayette office

Yes they are a crewing agency but they do not charge you, they charge the company like they are supposed to- unlike many others around. I have been working for them off and on for a couple of years and they have always treated me well. No problems with them. I am going out again on another job for them on Thursday. Their phone # is listed in the 1st post, can;t hurt to call them and ask your questions.

http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=87865654

Few vacancies - Marathon, FL; Few vacancies - Panama City, FL; Few vacancies - Port Huron, MI; Few vacancies - Corpus Christi, TX; Few vacancies - Port Angeles, WA; Few vacancies - Sault St Marie, MI; Few vacancies - Erie, PA; Few vacancies - Rochester, NY; Few vacancies - Sandusky, OH; Few vacancies - Galveston, TX; Few vacancies - Houma, LA; Few vacancies - Trenton, NJ; Few vacancies - Tampa, FL; Few vacancies - St Thomas, VI; Few vacancies - Fort Myers, FL; Few vacancies - Bellingham, WA; Few vacancies - Mayaguez, PR; Few vacancies - Ponce, PR; Few vacancies - Miami, FL; Few vacancies - Fort Lauderdale, FL; Few vacancies - West Palm Beach, FL; Few vacancies - Fort Pierce, FL; Few vacancies - Fajardo, PR; Few vacancies - Jacksonville, FL; Few vacancies - Key West, FL; Few vacancies - Key Largo, FL; Few vacancies - Gulfport, MS; Few vacancies - San Diego, CA; Few vacancies - Buffalo, NY; Few vacancies - Brownsville, TX; Few vacancies - San Juan, PR

As a CBP Marine Interdiction Agent, you will be responsible for the safe operation of agency vessels used to interdict smuggling activities. [U]Interdiction[/U] means to deter, confront, and halt the activities, advance, or entry of terrorists, terrorist weapons, and other contraband and persons from illegally entering the <st1:country-region w:st=“on”><st1>United States</st1></st1:country-region>. You will perform marine law enforcement operations for the detection, prevention, interdiction and apprehension of terrorists, terrorist weapons, and other contraband and persons from illegally entering or attacking the <st1:country-region w:st=“on”><st1>United States</st1></st1:country-region>. You will be responsible for operating vessels in a proactive defensive posture in order to safeguard specific potential targets within a maritime environment, including National Special Security Events (NSSE), elevation of national threat, local threats, and critical infrastructure.

1. [B]OUPV License or Masters License:[/B] The Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels (OUPV) license is commonly called a six-pack or charter captain’s license. This Coast Guard license is required by those operating uninspected vessels (not required to undergo inspections by the Coast Guard) that carry no more than six passengers for hire. It will NOT allow you to operate inspected vessels or carry more than six passengers for hire. Deck mate licenses may not be substituted for an OUPV, however a Master’s License will.

http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=87865654

c-mar is looking. they emailed me today with the following offer: “Richard, currently looking for 1600T Master for Non DP Vessels current GMDSS. The pay is $490.00. Not sure you can do it for that little. Please advise asap.”

i have worked for them in the past on and off, if they offer you a spot and you like the offer then take the job: c-mar is a good outfit.

Thanks to all that have submitted feedback! It helps allot for us that have been out of work since September.

out of work since SEPTEMBER ??? seriously? I had no idea it was that bad out there.

Yup… been out of work since October 1 here. Just had to take an AB gig to keep the lights turned on. I applied for the C-Mar thing and they said they would let me know either way if I’m hired or not by the end of this week. It would really be tempted to walk away from this AB thing for $490 a day, but I’ve been promised the next Mate or Relief Capt gig that becomes available. (or at least thats what they implied, and on all my pre-hire paperwork they put “Captain” in the spot for job title)

have worked for c-mar for 10 years, always treated me right. due to the nature of these jobs id be leery of leaving work for this. Only say that as these spill jobs may not last as long as planned. wjhen doing thesse type jobs for c-mar ive had 3 day jobs last a month and two month jobs last 3 days, just the nature of the beast. If your out of work jump on it.

[B]As I am the original poster I thought I would let you know this particular job with C-Mar has been filled[/B]