Brandon Borderlon

Anyone know why the Brandon Borderlon is up on the east coast, she’s off ocean city Maryland right now and her last known port according to AIS was little creek.

[QUOTE=Traitor Yankee;188222]Anyone know why the Brandon Borderlon is up on the east coast, she’s off ocean city Maryland right now and her last known port according to AIS was little creek.[/QUOTE]

I’m ignorant, so this is just wild speculation, but could it be related to El Faro’s VDR recovery mission? I think the USNS Apache is stationed there. Could it be equipment, or does the Navy have its own?

The mission is supposed to occur in August.

That’s plausible but if that were the case then why anchor off of OC? The El Faro’s black boxes are more likely to get retrieved with an ROV than the big ass crane on the Brandon, unless it carries an ROV onboard. Maybe there is a deep heavy lift going on somewhere up towards or offshore of OC.

It is rare to have an OSV like that around here.

The El Faro sank down south near the Bahamas no where near Maryland. Also the last I saw the Brandon in Fourchon, which was a while ago, she did not have that big of a crane that has the capabilities of working in 15,000 feet of water.

Isn’t the Brandon still on charter to Bibby Subsea?: http://www.scandoil.com/moxie-bm2/news/bibby-subsea-signs-vessel-contract-with-bordelon-m.shtml

That “bad ass” cane is able to lift 20 m.t. in 3000 m. WD, which doesn’t get anywhere near the requirements for anything to do with the El Faro wreck. The two fixed ROVs are also rated at 3000 m.

Could it have something to do with Wind farm development? Bibby is getting into this segment in a big way.

I crossed El Faro off the list because of a friend on the Apache confirming that they were still scheduled for it. She’s probably not to far from the Brandon right now, when I made this post last night they were a few hours out of New London and steaming south at 15 knots.

Bibby Offshore’s Houston-based division, Bibby Subsea, has signed a [B][U]3 year contract[/U][/B] with Bordelon Marine to charter a new vessel. The rich invest in themselves… period.

Take a look around let us know if you find something that would of value to the members. Looks like this company is moving on up.

http://www.bibbyoffshore.com/homepage.aspx

[QUOTE=DeepSeaDiver;188263]Bibby Offshore’s Houston-based division, Bibby Subsea, has signed a [B][U]3 year contract[/U][/B] with Bordelon Marine to charter a new vessel. The rich invest in themselves… period.

Take a look around let us know if you find something that would of value to the members. Looks like this company is moving on up.

http://www.bibbyoffshore.com/homepage.aspx[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, maybe time to lay off the mix gas a bit? Especially when you are just sitting in the den?

[QUOTE=Traitor Yankee;188282]Thanks for that, maybe time to lay off the mix gas a bit? Especially when you are just sitting in the den?[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Do you know who then Captain / Master is? I held back on posting the link. I know just a couple of things about the vessel. I am pleased that I have got your attention. Thanks for the harmless banter mate.

[QUOTE=DeepSeaDiver;188283]Thanks. Do you know who then Captain / Master is? I held back on posting the link. I know just a couple of things about the vessel. I am pleased that I have got your attention. Thanks for the harmless banter mate.[/QUOTE]

If I knew who the captain or master was, would I be asking on an internet forum what the boat was doing, or would I be asking them…mate?

She is contracted with the navy for various dive training. From what I understand it is a 4 month contract and she will be working from New York to Key West during that time.

[QUOTE=Traitor Yankee;188290]If I knew who the captain or master was, would I be asking on an internet forum what the boat was doing, or would I be asking them…mate?[/QUOTE]

I was not talking about knowing him personally - But if we figure out who he is we might get some insight on what missions are planned. Sometimes that’s how I find out things. Its possible like ombugee suggests it could be wind farm stuff / development. When I get a chance I will look a little deeper.

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=w.schnur;188304]She is contracted with the navy for various dive training. From what I understand it is a 4 month contract and she will be working from New York to Key West during that time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for joining the gCaptain forum w.schnur welcome - Where did you here this info?

[QUOTE=w.schnur;188304]She is contracted with the navy for various dive training. From what I understand it is a 4 month contract and she will be working from New York to Key West during that time.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, that makes sense. Thanks!

Thanks for your info.

In that case, is she still on Bibby charter and contract to the Navy though them?

I have a couple friends that are on the boat. I’m pretty sure Bibby canceled the charter with the Brandon. Also, Bordelon has contracted with the navy for multiple jobs since 2008 so I’m sure the are just charted with them directly

[QUOTE=w.schnur;188366]I have a couple friends that are on the boat. I’m pretty sure Bibby canceled the charter with the Brandon. Also, Bordelon has contracted with the navy for multiple jobs since 2008 so I’m sure the are just charted with them directly[/QUOTE]

We heard back in December that Bibby had cancelled the charter. And I saw online some doc of both Bibby and Bordelon in court this year over the Brandon Bordelon and Shelia Bordelon.