Bouchard tankerman

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=“100%”><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=“100%”><TBODY><TR><TD class=jobTitle>Lift Boat 200 T Captains, Mates </TD><TD class=md_text noWrap align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=spacer10 colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left><!-- left COLUMN START --><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=“100%”><TBODY><TR><TD class=spacer10 colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=divFieldLabel>Source: </TD><TD class=md_text>Press-Register</TD></TR><TR><TD class=spacer10 colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=divFieldLabel>Employer: </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=md_text>Lasredo Offshore Services </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=spacer10 colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=divFieldLabel>Location: </TD><TD class=md_text vAlign=top>Mobile, AL United States </TD></TR><TR><TD class=spacer10 colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=divFieldLabel>Last Updated: </TD><TD class=md_text vAlign=top>05/23/2010 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- left COLUMN END --><TD vAlign=top align=right><!-- START shareThis --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>//<![CDATA[SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title: ‘Lift Boat 200 T Captains, Mates’, url: ‘http://jobs.al.com/careers/jobsearch/detail?jobId=26243380’, icon: ‘http://slb.adicio.com/favicon.ico’ }, {button:true});//]]></SCRIPT>[ShareThis](javascript:void(0))

<!-- END shareThis --><!-- right COLUMN START --><!-- Job Detail: No Apply --><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=220><TBODY><TR><TD class=mod2pxTopLt></TD><TD class=mod2pxTopBg></TD><TD class=mod2pxTopRt></TD></TR><TR><TD class=mod2pxLtBg></TD><TD class=mod2pxBg><!-- box content START --><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=“100%”><TBODY><TR><TD class=md_text align=left>Please see Job Details for Apply instructions. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- box content END --></TD><TD class=mod2pxRtBg></TD></TR><TR><TD class=mod2pxBotLt></TD><TD class=mod2pxBotBg></TD><TD class=mod2pxBotRt></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<!-- right COLUMN END --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=spacer20 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- Click tracker --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>function adicio_capturewhichelement(e){ // Get target item clicked on var targ; if (!e) { var e = window.event; } if (e.target) { targ = e.target; } else if (e.srcElement) { targ = e.srcElement; } if (targ.nodeType == 3) { targ = targ.parentNode; } // Detemine if the click has an href to it (targ.tagName) if (typeof targ.href != ‘undefined’) { // Confirm targ.href is a mailto tag var email = targ.href; if (email.toLowerCase().indexOf(“mailto:”) != -1) { // Call ajax to log email click (targ.href holds ‘mailto:email@email.com’ but database doesn’t accept it so we dont send it) new Ajax.Request(’/careers/apply/mailto/’ + adicio_vtParam + ‘id/’ + adicio_jobid, {asynchronous:true, evalScripts:false}); } } return true;}var adicio_jobid=‘26243380’;var adicio_vtParam=’’;document.onmousedown=adicio_capturewhichelement;</SCRIPT><!-- Job Description --><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=“100%”><TBODY><TR><TD class=boxHeader>[B]Job Description[/B]</TD></TR><TR><TD class=contentCellLtRtBtmBorder vAlign=top align=left><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width=“100%”><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=“100%”><TBODY><TR><TD class=md_text align=left><STYLE media=screen> .remoteJobDescriptionContainer { overflow:auto; width:615px; _overflow:visible; _overflow-x:auto; } </STYLE>
[B]LAREDO OFFSHORE
SERVICES [/B][B]Now Hiring - Lift Boat
200 T Captains, Mates, AB, OS & Cooks [/B][B]14/14 Hitch, Safety Bonus,
Full Time. Positions with Benefits.
Send Resume to:
110 Horseshoe Rd,
Belle Chasse, LA 70037
or Call 504-433-1313[/B]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Did Laurie call you to work yet?
let us know if you get hired on.
oh btw I worked for Higman towing back in the day as well,
my uncle Calvin Hatfield is still there after 30 years as a tug captain!

she called me this morning, i am going to go do orientation on tue (i think) then head to a boat on wed, no idea what one or i would let ya know. 330 a day plus the travel, so that comes out to a bit more than i was expecting, sure as hell not going to bitch about it. just glad to get off that river stuff, after being on the blue water and big barges and boats for so long that was to big of a culture shock. so hope to run into you out there cap, names chris gonyer, big red haired guy, you cant miss me. thanks to all that posted and gave their advice and 2 cents worth.

Hey, Good for you. Big red haired guy, must be Italian. Good luck to you, When one of us succeeds, we all succeed

If that is a quote from Morty, (and i have heard it before) then why does Bouchard hire f$%^& ups in the first place?

If the ‘stariting pay’ is 300 a day, how did this guy walk in, and get 330? no negotiation huh!

Ostrich, remove head from sand, and see that there is another world out there.

who said he negotiated for that pay.

as was stated by 'bouchard captain" starting Tankerman pay is 300 a day, plus travel. then how did he get 330 + travel? I guess this guy started a little bit further up the ladder!

[QUOTE=Bouchard Captain;33362]In parting I will give you a quote from “Morty Bouchard” when asked at a Captains meeting of why he fired so many people he said “It doesn’t pay very well to be a f%$& up at Bouchard”

:cool:

Good luck[/QUOTE]

I have never worked on the Bouchard rigs but I have done a lot of repairs on them in the past. A little back round on me, I am 5th generation NY Tug Boater. I have been to partys with Morty and others. All I can say is stay way under Morty’s radar and you should be OK. Years ago my Brother was looking for a Mates job and I remember my old man asking Morty and Bobby what was the average seniority for Bouchard Mates, they both said about a day or two and laughed.

I have a Chief Engineers License and worked for Maritrans / OSG for 20 years after leaving NY Harbor after the big 333 strike back in “88”.

If thinks do not work out for you there you might want to try OSG or Penn Maritime. I know that OSG pays for your plane ticket and everything else to get you from the airport to the boat.

Good Luck and Please stay safe.

Jim Garrett

i didnt negotiate for anything, maybe i got offered more more due to the fact that i have been an ab/tankerman for the last 10 years. i think we would all be better off if we were a little more supportive of eachother as a brotherhood.

You’re no brother to me you big red headed, hairy, sasquatch!!!

Haha!!

Best wishes with the new gig! Keep us updated on how it goes.

[QUOTE=cappy208;33568]If that is a quote from Morty, (and i have heard it before) then why does Bouchard hire f$%^& ups in the first place?

If the ‘stariting pay’ is 300 a day, how did this guy walk in, and get 330? no negotiation huh!

Ostrich, remove head from sand, and see that there is another world out there.[/QUOTE]

Well, let me clarify the pay rate for an AB/Tankerman at Bouchard!

on a vessel UNDER 76,000 bbls the pay is $312 a day plus $45 dollars travel pay
on a vessel OVER 76,000 bbls the pay rate is $330 a day plus $45 dollars travel pay

if you start with no AB ticket you start at $300 a day, and will NEVER get an increase (raise) in pay until you become an AB/Tanker-man,
and I stand here UN-corrected when I say there are NO negotiations at Bouchard Transportation!
Negotiations what negotiations?
after all there is no shortages of AB/Tanker-man here in NY harbor,
with all of the recent layoffs from Reinauer and KSEA transportation is going out of business very soon!

Worked there in 05 and 06 as an os tankerman. I left for personal reasons but had no complaints. Great equipment,crews, and pay.Do have patience at first though, as it will take a few hitches to land at a regular spot. They are definitely hiring as I was called last week when personnel was going through records of people who left on good terms.Currently working New York harbor as mate. Good luck and God bless!!!

[QUOTE=cappy208;33208]The pay was given as ‘probably around’ 300 a day, plus 45 a day travel. How this works at Bouchard is, you ‘negotiate’ your daily rate. They will try to low ball you. (Similar to Hornbeck) You only get what you ask for.

The statement : ‘probably around’ is what is referred to as what different people negotiate. The 45 dollars a day travel is just that, for you to get from home to work. They don’t pay ANYTHING else. If you have to meet the boat at port everglades, you have to fly there, take a taxi to the boat, and if the boat is anchored out you have to hire (and pay) the launch. This is one of the problems of the Bouchard travel plan. They pay well, but you’re left on your own to get to and from.[/QUOTE]

I know this is old and most likely not relevant, but I don’t know what Hornbeck you are talking about when it comes to “negotiate your wages” I have been here 8 years and there is no negotiations in wages. They have a set pay sheet with set additions for endorsements. Hornbeck Barge Mates are around $365 a day plus travel and barge Capt. are $415 plus travel.

They told me there hard to work for

Any idea on AB non tankerman pay?

AB deckhand is 243.00 a day. Then you get 45.00 a day for travel.

Try Penn maritime, Staten Island, I worked for them for 6 years, good company