Bosiet

Basic Offshore Safety Induction Emergency Training in Lafayette. Day 1 about to start. Looks like a waste of three days. How many times do you really need to take basic classes? At least I am getting paid, but I would rather be fishing!

I’m gonna tell the COMMANDER that you are bitching,

[QUOTE=Capt. Lee;47721]At least I am getting paid, but I would rather be fishing![/QUOTE]
Capt Lee…I feel your pain!! If it’ll make you feel any better, I haven’t caught any redfish in over a week and just barely enough speckled trout to eat!! The horror…

Yeah it has been windy. Last week my son reeled in a 42 inch red that weighed 28lbs, 2 sheephead 8 & 9 lbs a piece. It was a good day. The red and one of the sheephead were caught on dead shrimp. The other sheephead on a blue crab.

[B][U]IMHO[/U][/B]…just went through 2 days of required “oil patch training”…not one STCW course in the lot, so no STCW credit…but a good “refresher” none the less!!

Just another requirement for us to go through. It was a good class. Especially if you have never been offshore before, but after fire fighting a few times, water survival few times, first aid, Huet a fews times, all these classes having been taken individually. Then having to take a course that touches on all the classes you took in depth individually you are now taking as a group with a more basic introduction. It won’t be the last time either. The BOSIET is good for four years. If you renew within the four years it is a one day refresher. If you wait until it expires then you have to take the three days all over again. Lafayette offers some good restaraunts. We went to PreJean’s one night and Gator Cove the next night for boiled crawfish. Friday on the wy home I stopped at exit 115 heading east bound on I-10 from Lafayette and got 10 lbs of crawfish to bring home for my son and 2 lbs of Fried Cracklins. Oh yeah!! It is a good thing I don’t live in this area, I would be dead in a few years of heart failure.