ARRGGGHHHH!...I now have a stinking Mao Little Red Book

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;104950]Fragrat could see to all of that! Of this, I’m sure.[/QUOTE]

a perfect Majordomo just like Higgins himself

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;104957]There was a time before I got married where I woulda hopped a plane to Montana once I made crew change. Sea stories, guns, cigars, booze and solving all the worlds problems before sun up…[/QUOTE]

well as ol’ Tom Boddett says

“we’ll keep the light on for ya”

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;104957]There was a time before I got married where I woulda hopped a plane to Montana once I made crew change. Sea stories, guns, cigars, booze and solving all the worlds problems before sun up…[/QUOTE]

~ and we wouldn’t remember a god dam thing in the morning -
Good Night, Fragrat

Extras? Thought you “veterans” (in a non-military way) just re-used them?

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;104944]Now THAT is a weekend I’d pay to watch.[/QUOTE]

well sell it on PPV and make bank!

You know how you re-use a rubber?

Turn it inside out and shake the fuck out of it.

[QUOTE=c.captain;104839]I just came in the mail and I loathe the fucking stoopid thing! What in the name of God is the USCG doing to our fine and honorable profession?

I am proud though to say it is issue #8 so my health staying good and my not marrying some rich old bag and telling all you sorry assed sob’s to go palm sand, I still hope to make it the 20 more years to issue #12! After that if I am still working for Joe Boss, I think I’ll just open a vein in a tub one day.[/QUOTE]

I never got the fascination with the issue number. It’s not a measure of experience, only how many times you renewed. Mine is issue #8 but I havent used it since #5. For me, it lost most of its utility when they went to a single number. With unlimited licenses, a 4-8 was an accomplishment, a 1-8 not at all. (4-8 was the 8th issue of Master, 1-8 was the 8th issue of 3rd Mate).

The above notwithstanding, I had nothing to do with removing the issue number from the Mao book. I appreciate that it is signidficant to some and didn’t see a reason to mess with it.

By jove you’re correct perfesser…I just looked at my Stinking Little Red Book and see no Issue # in it…CURSES, BLASPHEMY AND HELL’S DAMNATION I SAY! Having an issue number shows how long you’ve been out here slogging it out one way or the other. When you combine license grade, years with a license, number and types of vessels served, some of us manage to build a career we can be proud of. Not too many types of vessels I have not worked on or waters where I have not sailed in 33 years. Still looking for that perfect job though and always dreaming the next one will be it, but damned one does start to get tired of all the BS after all these years.

My ‘issue number’ Changes every other week. It is the 5 digit check number on the upper right of the paycheck. ChaChing. The higher the paycheck, the longer I’ve been in the industry…

[QUOTE=jdcavo;104993]I never got the fascination with the issue number. It’s not a measure of experience, only how many times you renewed. Mine is issue #8 but I havent used it since #5. For me, it lost most of its utility when they went to a single number. With unlimited licenses, a 4-8 was an accomplishment, a 1-8 not at all. (4-8 was the 8th issue of Master, 1-8 was the 8th issue of 3rd Mate).

The above notwithstanding, I had nothing to do with removing the issue number from the Mao book. I appreciate that it is signidficant to some and didn’t see a reason to mess with it.[/QUOTE]

Actually, for me, it was always my pay check.
But this makes a good something on my office wall.

[ATTACH]3280[/ATTACH]