Are they kidding with this "Sharknado" movie?

Are they kidding with this [I]Sharknado[/I]? I mean this has to be a joke, right?

Never heard of it until today and now I can’t get away from it. Apparently it’s a Syfy Channel movie starring Tara Reid and some other people I’ve never heard of. Anyway it aired last night and now it’s on every site about how it is blowing up on Twitter. I heard something like 5,000 #sharknado tweets per minute. Joke’s on us I guess.

Here’s the synopsis and trailer. Have you seen it yet?

When a freak hurricane swamps Los Angeles, nature’s deadliest killer rules sea, land, and air as thousands of sharks terrorize the waterlogged populace. Starring Tara Reid, Ian Ziering, John Heard, Cassie Scerbo, and Jaason Simmons.

//youtu.be/iwsqFR5bh6Q

PS - Why L.A.? Would make much more sense if took place along the Gulf coast.

Lol!!! Ummm… LA so the sharknado takes down Hollywood. Well, hopefully anyways.

They said: shark plus tornado equals Sharknado. I said…Sold! It’s so bad its transcendent. Archaeologists and sociologists 5000 years from now will be debating the cultural significance of this film.

So bad - you’ll have to LOL. Destined to be a late nite cult classic.

Kind of like all those stupid sci-fi monster flics from the 50’s.

I watched two-headed shark buy went to bed before getting hooked on the massive fail that I knew sharknado would be. (Two-headed shark was also massive fail, btw.)

They will study our decline and fall as surely as others studied Rome! Ha ha

Don’t you dare compare this to the genius of Ed Wood.

Could happen. Just sayin’

• Updated - - -

Could happen. Just sayin’

[QUOTE=catherder;114718]Don’t you dare compare this to the genius of Ed Wood.[/QUOTE]

Ed Wood - Writer, producer, director of the epic film “Plan 9, from outer space”

Sharknado has quite a challenge to meet the above films lofty status as the worst film ever made.

[QUOTE=Ea$y Money;114727]

Could happen. Just sayin’[/QUOTE]

Can’t be any worse than “Shark Night” which I think was filmed here in Louisiana. [I]That[/I] movie was awful and I’m usually a huge fan of shark movies (“Deep Blue Sea”, “Jaws”,etc.). :wink: