Are LIFEBOATMAN and MEDICAL FIRST PROVIDER not required anymore for 3rd Eng test?

[B] I heard from my “Advaced Firefighting” classmate that LIFEBOATMAN and MEDICAL FIRST PROVIDER are not required anymore for 3rd Engineer exam. But another seafarer said , it’s still required. I checked the NMC General Requirements for 3rd Eng, and it is not in the additional requirements. Anybody heard about this?

[QUOTE=seamanloloko;149497][B] I heard from my “Advaced Firefighting” classmate that LIFEBOATMAN and MEDICAL FIRST PROVIDER are not required anymore for 3rd Engineer exam. But another seafarer said , it’s still required. I checked the NMC General Requirements for 3rd Eng, and it is not in the additional requirements. Anybody heard about this?[/QUOTE]

They were never required for a officer endorsement (aka license) for 3rd AE. They are STCW requirements for OICEW. If you began service for your OICEW endorsement before March 24, 2014, you do not need medical care provider for OICEW, until January 1, 2017.