Any news on whats going on with Bouchard

When the SEA SKIMMER was sold to Texaco, I was actually at home on my time off. We had gone through some changes in the wheelhouse, so I did not have a strong relationship with the captain that was onboard when the word came down. The Chief Mate, however, was a different story. He called me right away and gave me the heads up. Yeah, my next vessel was pretty crappy, but at least I was working there until I made a career change.

1 Like

I’m old school hawespipper, I learned early on you take care of the boat and the boat will take care of you.

6 Likes

As am I a former hawespiper … Juan is the only one that caught me. Stayed south for a few days until It went ashore, I headed back towards the port, It did a loop de loop and came back out. Was not pretty towing a light 250k class barge. I once left Corpus bound for Port Everglades with a load and went south to Bay of Campeche to avoid “Andrew”. My youngest son was still in his moms belly. Told my bride this is a bad one, If I get through this one with no damage., name him Andrew. Even after it went ashore, the Gulf was riled up pretty bad. Still was able to push and catch fish. We were deep notch, not intercon. Then shoreside asked “What took you so long and where were you?” I stayed below 24 degrees north where boatracs and weather couldn’t find me. Damn happy how that trip turned out. Coming around the Keys we could see the blown out condo windows and bare palm trees. Back to Bouchard, their big rigs are very capable, hope they get to work soon. No matter who purchases them

3 Likes

Stalking Horse Bidder has been named to court:

Hartree Partners bidding $110,000,000 for

B. NO. 205, OFFICIAL NO. 1257375
B. NO. 220, OFFICIAL NO. 1087420
B. NO. 230, OFFICIAL NO. 991746
B. NO. 231, OFFICIAL NO. 1198671
B. NO. 233, OFFICIAL NO. 1209484
B. NO. 235, OFFICIAL NO. 1031170
B. NO. 240, OFFICIAL NO. 998038
B. NO. 264, OFFICIAL NO. 1225718
B. NO. 272, OFFICIAL NO. 1257375
B. NO. 280, OFFICIAL NO. 1181626
B NO 282, OFFICIAL NO. 1204610
B NO 284, OFFICIAL NO. 1216341
EVENING LIGHT, OFFICIAL NO. 563653
EVENING MIST, OFFICIAL NO. 576930
EVENING TIDE, OFFICIAL NO. 52715
BARBARA E BOUCHARD, OFFICIAL 981712
BOUCHARD BOYS, OFFICIAL NO. 565304
BUSTER BOUCHARD, OFFICIAL 605961
DENISE A. BOUCHARD, OFFICIAL 1251312
DONNA J. BOUCHARD, OFFICIAL 1257374
ELLEN S. BOUCHARD, OFFICIAL 644590
FREDERICK E. BOUCHARD, OFFICIAL 1265316
LINDA LEE BOUCHARD, OFFICIAL NO. 1189191
MORTON S. BOUCHARD JR., OFFICIAL TUG MORTON S. BOUCHARD JR 1265315
RALPH E. BOUCHARD, OFFICIAL 923248
ROBERT J. BOUCHARD, OFFICIAL 999393
MARION C. BOUCHARD, OFFICIAL 615650
J. GEORGE BETZ, OFFICIAL NO. 1035211
RHEA I. BOUCHARD, OFFICIAL NO. TU

I wonder how it went today?

2 Likes

1 Like

I notice the Donna, Kim, and Danielle Bouchard aren’t on the list maybe they’ll be in today’s auction

I missed the Donna it’s on the list

I wonder what the bidders plans are for the junk tugs and barges on the list

Looks like Hartree and Rose K split the company with Hartree going to bare boat their vessels
The company went for peanuts

Too many variables to comment on.

Just the latest… Bouchard Transportation’s Tugs and Barges Auctioned Off (maritime-executive.com) Probably not the the last word.

Sooo what happened to Centerline? :rofl:

Give it time

Centerline pulled out of the bidding, but of course there’s nothing to say they won’t buy a unit from the California company that won part of the auction when they start to divest of some units.
I believe Saltchuck is involved in part of the deal because their CEO Parrot is going to be the CEO of the new company and partners on the east coast.

So I’m assuming everything will be renamed. At least temporarily until the new owners decide which wives and kids to name after. Maybe even the dog will get a boat.

During yesterday’s teleconference, they said to those of us on the boats still, just continue to maintain the vessels, which is a joke we haven’t gotten any support from the office in the last 6 months, and rotate off when your time is up go home and if the new company is interested in offering a position they’ll contact you.
Me I’m not waiting on the phone to ring.

You still at Belle Chasse?

Yes we are, this boat won’t be going anywhere until sometime in August maybe.

Parrot left Saltchuck/Foss a year or two ago and is now CEO at Rose Cay, which has no affiliation with Saltchuck/Foss. I believe this whole process is far from being completed/finalized based upon the most recent court filings.

Thank you, I didn’t know he had moved on