Another Military Sealift Command thread

Today was my first day of neo. Lots of paperwork so be prepared!!

Cholesterol 179 mg/dl (125-200) …If this is your Total Cholesterol Level it is good.

Triglyceride 202 mg/dl (<150)…Your Triglyceride is on the low end of high.

LDL Cholesrol 109 mg/dl (<130) …If this is your LDL. Good.

HDL Cholesterol 30 mg/dl (>or = 46)…Not only is this just too low. It’s dangerously low.

While higher HDL levels are connected with good cardiovascular health, no medication used to increase HDL has been proven to improve health. In other words, while high HDL levels might relate with better cardiovascular health, increasing your HDL might not increase your cardiovascular health. The remaining likelihoods are that either good cardiovascular health causes high HDL levels, or this is a coincidence with no contributory link.

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=thatboywes;155302]Today was my first day of neo. Lots of paperwork so be prepared!![/QUOTE]

What!..on top of what was already done?

Thatboywes,

Congratulations to you as well for making it through. Thanks for keeping us up to date and how you are progressing through. How big is your NEO class?

Yea…and what type of paperwork? :slight_smile:

If selected will we need to bring other paprework for records…like trying to complete that e-Qip.

You will be signing a lot of government paperwork. Plus if you are entry level you must pass a English reading & listening test but it’s really easy I’m talking about 3rd grade easy. I filled out so much paper work today. Also on your eqip make sure you tell them the truth about everything. They will find out if you lie about anything they just want to see if your honest. If you have any delinquent debts on your credit put it on the eqip & set up payment arrangements. It’s a lot more they have to cover in neo the next four days I will keep everyone posted.

My neo class is 32 people.

Hi everyone

After reading this thread and thanks you to you all I have discovered the MSC. I applied and was wondering how much would a class A misdemeanor negatively impact my chances of getting hired? I also don’t have any sea time, but do have my TWIC, MMC, US passport, and STCW BST. I’m really just trying to get my foot in the door, and read that MSC is a great place to start my career. I applied for any Entry Level with preference to the ordinary seaman advancement program. The announcement on their site say the window is running from December 15, 2014 to periodic cutoffs, so I’m hoping there are still open positions. I’m just worried that my criminal charge with look bad on me, it was back in 2010 so it’s been 5 years. Thanks for any helpful input.

Let us know what you do each day and what happens after NEO. I heard they just bus you up to NJ to start your training. How far away do you have to live in order to be put in a hotel? I live way out here in the sticks of Suffolk.

If you live in a 50 miles radius they won’t put you in a hotel. I live in Portsmouth. They bus you to jersey on Saturday morning. Today we went over sexual harassment, Internet security and a few other things. The day went by fast compared to yesterday

[QUOTE=thatboywes;155398]If you live in a 50 miles radius they won’t put you in a hotel. I live in Portsmouth. They bus you to jersey on Saturday morning. Today we went over sexual harassment, Internet security and a few other things. The day went by fast compared to yesterday[/QUOTE]

Im also located in portsmouth my physical is on the 18th my cousin also started NEO on the 23rd

• Updated - - -

I hate dealing with customer support

what’s your cousin name?

[QUOTE=thatboywes;155398]If you live in a 50 miles radius they won’t put you in a hotel. I live in Portsmouth. They bus you to jersey on Saturday morning. Today we went over sexual harassment, Internet security and a few other things. The day went by fast compared to yesterday[/QUOTE]

Guess I need to figure out a way to change my address to make it 50 miles away so I can stay in a hotel. Im right on the edge of 50 miles. If I take 264 its 40 miles and if I take 64 its 51 miles. Did you take the Oath of employment yet? Do you know of any Vanpools from Suffolk that goes to NOB and back or a way to find them. I know the norfolk naval shipyard has vanpools. How did you enjoy getting 2 hours of free pay for the delay this morning?

You’re joking, right?

MSC always over hires and will readily terminate you as a non-permanent employee if you give them an excuse to do so. Your change of address plan may also get you prosecuted. Tell us you’re joking.

Yeah im j/k but I do wonder what they use for mileage cause like i said either i use 264 and pay the toll and its 40 miles or I use 64 and its 51 miles. Ive heard lots of people change there address so they don’t have to pay state taxes etc. Either way just wanna get hired and travel and make money and move up the ranks.

Yea the extra two hours of sleep was nice. No van pools. I catch a cab but that would be really costly for you from Suffolk.

You’ll be lucky to have to even show up tomorrow with the amount of snow there calling for. I think I am just gonna see if I can get a hotel at the navy lodge on Hampton Blvd when I get my NEO date and then cab it in from there. what did you accomplish today?

[QUOTE=civmar;155441]You’re joking, right?
MSC always over hires and will readily terminate you as a non-permanent employee if you give them an excuse to do so. Your change of address plan may also get you prosecuted. Tell us you’re joking.[/QUOTE]

Yea. Took a class with an AB from MSC who started out as SU. Told me his two hang out buddies (one was a female) aboard his first ship were kicked off and out of MSC after their first voyage. Apparently they had a small spat over SU work (cleaning) duties that lasted all of 30 seconds.

One accuses the other of slacking off, not pulling her weight. In which she loudly responded with “Fu… You Motherfu…er!” and finished it off with a shove.

The two immediately went back to being friends (with benefits) and hangout / eating buddies.

Didn’t matter. The spat was overheard and they were fired. Seems way too trivial. Charge of creating a hostile work environment maybe? There has to have been something else.

The AB did comment that the SU in question was a slacker and she often hid or made excuses to get out of work.

security, some medical & benefit stuff. I will say this based on what I have learned in NEO is this. This is one of the best companies to work for. They take care of their employees

[QUOTE=thatboywes;155466]security, some medical & benefit stuff. I will say this based on what I have learned in NEO is this. This is one of the best companies to work for. They take care of their employees[/QUOTE]

NOB is shut down tomorrow. Possibly Friday too. thanks for the updates. are they keeping you till 4pm during INDOC

my NEO instructor just called me and informed me. We basically had two days worth of information today b/c they figured nob might be closed for Thursday & no to the indoc