Another Military Sealift Command thread

[QUOTE=Chief Seadog;147781]http://seafarers.org/jobs/ua.html[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks

from the siu web page cited above:

" …uniforms…a physical exam, drug test, benzene test, and fees for the following required documents: a U.S. Merchant Mariner’s Credential, a Transportation Workers Identification Credential, and a current passport. These fees and costs are approximately $3000"

Three Thousand Dollars? What the f*ck?

Contact Piney Pt. and ask if that’s a misprint. I joined SIU as an AB and it cost me $450, which included the drug screen and physical (didn’t get benzene tested) and functional capacity exams. I already had my training up to date from MSC, so never had the privilege of attending Lundberg School.

The costs for the docs can be looked up on line, but we’re talking $3-500 max.

How long does it take after you have done your Military Sealift Command physical to be considered “FIT FOR HIRE”?

Well my application status changed to forwarded today for the entry level postion applied for on aug 18th. My finger are crossed. Any insight on what they ask for a phone interview? Thanks.

I interviewed for the wiper advancement program but received a call & offer for supply utility today & I accepted. Took three try’s but finally got the call. Good luck to all!!

What kind of questions did they ask during your interview.

what do I do at my current job and why u wanna work for msc. Simple questions nothing hard

Applying to MSC for a simple entry level position seems very over complicated and time consuming.

Thats govt for you.

I just did my physical on the 11th and I haven’t heard anything yet… I was told that it could take 7-10 days… It only took 3 days when I did my physical with SIU… So it looks like me and you are in the same boat right now…

When did you apply?

[QUOTE=ddash79;147502]Shaqfu so you said you applied on August 20th and congrats on the offer but when did you get called for your interview? I applied back on August 18th and I haven’t heard anything. My status still shows as forwarded. Also was the Eqip difficult to complete. I heard it’s a questionaire but what kinds of things are asked on the questionaire?[/QUOTE]

The Eqip was a long online process filled with questions like… List all of your previous jobs for the last 10 years, list all of your address for the last 10 years, are you involved with any banks overseas… etc… Nothing to serious. I did hear that if any red flags pop up, a investigator will stop pass to question you. It also ask about your credit and deliquent debt…Oh yeah I got the call on 09/23

[QUOTE=civmar;147804]from the siu web page cited above:

" …uniforms…a physical exam, drug test, benzene test, and fees for the following required documents: a U.S. Merchant Mariner’s Credential, a Transportation Workers Identification Credential, and a current passport. These fees and costs are approximately $3000"

Three Thousand Dollars? What the f*ck?

Contact Piney Pt. and ask if that’s a misprint. I joined SIU as an AB and it cost me $450, which included the drug screen and physical (didn’t get benzene tested) and functional capacity exams. I already had my training up to date from MSC, so never had the privilege of attending Lundberg School.

The costs for the docs can be looked up on line, but we’re talking $3-500 max.[/QUOTE]

Yeah your better off attending a local maritime academy and paying $1000 to get your STCW in just 5 days… I went through Piney Point training they have 5 phases that take up to 2.5 years to complete and if you do not complete the whole program, you will not get any of your endorsments

[QUOTE=shaqfu64;148132]Yeah your better off attending a local maritime academy and paying $1000 to get your STCW in just 5 days… I went through Piney Point training they have 5 phases that take up to 2.5 years to complete and if you do not complete the whole program, you will not get any of your endorsments[/QUOTE]

But surely you would still come away with your Sea Service Letters, RFPNW Assessments you had completed and BST Training Certs, no? At least you’d be on your way.

After interviewed when you will find out that you been selected for the job?

Does anyone knows how long it takes to get a security clearance!

Hello everyone, I had a phone interview with MSC a week ago & now my profile says (under review for suitability) I applied for the SU entry level position. My question is, How long should it take to to hear something back? & What are my chances getting the job? remind you I have no seatime experience.

I know the MSC normal schedule is supposed to be 4 months on. Obviously, we sail with the ship during that time but what about in homeport? If the ship is inport at night, do you Have to stay onboard or do you get to go home at the end of the workday?

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a neo date once all the pre employment requirements are don?

[QUOTE=civmar;148163]But surely you would still come away with your Sea Service Letters, RFPNW Assessments you had completed and BST Training Certs, no? At least you’d be on your way.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if there’s a requirement to repay. People should read contracts for training very carefully.

​I had just recently put in a application and my application status is “under review” is that the same as “under review for suitability” it was for entry level and i dont have any sea going experience like what are the different application statuses ??