After you pass license what else does USCG do?

[QUOTE=xcadetx;157716]money back? college is for free have i full ride scholarship because some how i have 3.9 /4 Maybe because my English sucks so they feel bad for me I think lmfaoooooo[/QUOTE]

Then go back to your homeland and go to school. This is America, we are Americans, we speak and write English. If you can’t handle that then go back to where you came from. We have plenty not other foreigners here that have no problem learning English and definitely don’t bitch about it.

[QUOTE=bcoogan23;157718]Then go back to your homeland and go to school. This is America, we are Americans, we speak and write English. If you can’t handle that then go back to where you came from. We have plenty not other foreigners here that have no problem learning English and definitely don’t bitch about it.[/QUOTE]

bitching? i came here asking a question yall the one nagging about english … btw if it makes you feel better both companies i shipped out with both of them have job lined up for me upon gradation … been officer on vessel is easy job no need for all that nonsense yall talking about…

You’ll have to ask who ever your school’s license coordinator is.

Yes you can take them at the USCG REC, I did.

BUTTT, no you can’t do it before 1/C cruise because you wouldn’t qualify. Do you already have your ATT? If not then you can’t. Your school has to be actually submit your completed package but after that your approved you can take it at the REC depending on availability.

Lastly, your English writing skills really do suck. You can’t just chalk it up to spellcheck. Your grammar and syntax are just way off. You also won’t ingratiate yourself with anyone here if you bring an attitude like that. If you came on my vessel and had that kind of tone with any of my deckhands, you may be smarter than the guy but I’d take his side of the story that you fell down the stairs.

[QUOTE=xcadetx;157716]money back? college is for free have i full ride scholarship because some how i have 3.9 /4 Maybe because my English sucks so they feel bad for me I think lmfaoooooo[/QUOTE]

You’re an entitled piece of crap that doesn’t deserve to sail on a USCG license, never-less hold one. Whatever company is offering you a job upon graduation (transatlantic lines, or tenner cenac maybe?) is a complete idiot as well. I’d like to know who the fuck signed off your STCW competence in English?

But perhaps as someone in the industry I really don’t know what I’m talking about and should just listen to the incoherent foreigner who brags about his free education and how easy being a deck officer is, without having actually been one.

We should just chuckle to ourselves thinking about the first time he calls the Capt to the wheelhouse, while he shits his pants some night in the fog because some longline boat won’t awnsers the radio.

[QUOTE=LI_Domer;157728]You’ll have to ask who ever your school’s license coordinator is.

BUTTT, no you can’t do it before 1/C cruise because you wouldn’t qualify. Do you already have your ATT? If not then you can’t. Your school has to be actually submit your completed package but after that your approved you can take it at the REC depending on availability.

Lastly, your English writing skills really do suck. You can’t just chalk it up to spellcheck. Your grammar and syntax are just way off. You also won’t ingratiate yourself with anyone here if you bring an attitude like that. If you came on my vessel and had that kind of tone with any of my deckhands, you may be smarter than the guy but I’d take his side of the story that you fell down the stairs.[/QUOTE]

Haha that’s awesome!! Fell down the stairs! I love it! He might’ve bumped his head on one of the water tight doors also by the looks of the bruising on his forehead!

I bet you $1000000 he voted for Obama and we are all just a bunch of assholes…

[QUOTE=LI_Domer;157728]You’ll have to ask who ever your school’s license coordinator is.

Lastly, your English writing skills really do suck. You can’t just chalk it up to spellcheck. Your grammar and syntax are just way off. You also won’t ingratiate yourself with anyone here if you bring an attitude like that. If you came on my vessel and had that kind of tone with any of my deckhands, you may be smarter than the guy but I’d take his side of the story that you fell down the stairs.[/QUOTE]

i totally undertand your point if its for a job or school i would have preview what i wrote and fixed it . every one is smart in type of way, also on vessel every one is equal from SA to Captain . in reality no one will give you attitude for no reason like what just happened.

wrong, again. You should just quit without digging deeper into a hole.

[QUOTE=z-drive;157729]You’re an entitled piece of crap that doesn’t deserve to sail on a USCG license, never-less hold one. Whatever company is offering you a job upon graduation (transatlantic lines, or tenner cenac maybe?) is a complete idiot as well. I’d like to know who the fuck signed off your STCW competence in English?

But perhaps as someone in the industry I really don’t know what I’m talking about and should just listen to the incoherent foreigner who brags about his free education and how easy being a deck officer is, without having actually been one.[/QUOTE]

lmfaoo . you sound like you have personal issuies you judge people based on writing skills that just sad. no both of them are tanker companies. i have sailed as SA,DEU,AB before going to school lol . uk idiotic people like you who judge people based on what there little mind is full of . Johnny Canal your deff right first watch as office in charge is damn stressing. why some people in this forum are so rude. your a foreigner yourself unless ur an American indian lmaooo. btw "the piece of crap that doesn’t deserve to sail on USCG license " happened to be a tutor for all deck classes helping others…get a life dude have a beer enjoy ur life.

you’re judged upon your bad attitude, writing is secondary.

[QUOTE=xcadetx;157741] you judge people based on writing skills that just sad. [/QUOTE]

Pray tell, what else are we supposed to judge you on in an annonymous internet discussion forum? Your good looks? Your charming personality? Your GPA? All we’ve got to go on are your words and so far they’ve not done much. Effective communication is absolutely critical in this profession, whether it be written or verbal or sign language. I’d highly recommend you spend some time practicing before you find yourself in a watchstanding position on a ship. Here’s a link to an industry that may be helpful in furthering your language skills: http://www.callcenterjobs.com/

I’ve spent the last several years sailing with oilers for whom English was not their first language. Most of them were great guys, only a couple were truly idiots, but everything had to be dumbed down due to the language rift. There were several times that I realized that I had no idea what the result would be if I had to call back to the control room to have them hit an emergency stop or start the fire pump. I sure as hell wouldn’t want a mate on the bridge who couldn’t express his intentions clearly to other vessels because of a language issue.

Best quote of this thread.

[QUOTE=Louisd75;157746]Pray tell, what else are we supposed to judge you on in an annonymous internet discussion forum? Your good looks? Your charming personality? Your GPA? All we’ve got to go on are your words and so far they’ve not done much. Effective communication is absolutely critical in this profession, whether it be written or verbal or sign language. I’d highly recommend you spend some time practicing before you find yourself in a watchstanding position on a ship. Here’s a link to an industry that may be helpful in furthering your language skills: http://www.callcenterjobs.com/

I’ve spent the last several years sailing with oilers for whom English was not their first language. Most of them were great guys, only a couple were truly idiots, but everything had to be dumbed down due to the language rift. There were several times that I realized that I had no idea what the result would be if I had to call back to the control room to have them hit an emergency stop or start the fire pump. I sure as hell wouldn’t want a mate on the bridge who couldn’t express his intentions clearly to other vessels because of a language issue.[/QUOTE]

lmfaoo wtf are you even talking about its as simple as i am on my phone typing ,its a forum i really dgaf how my english is as long i get my point across. dude english is one of the easiest language to learn how to speak… peace out 1.

Do not use your phone as an excuse. My phone is all I ever use on here. If you want an excuse, try ignorance.