Activists chain themselves to support vessel that isnt even scheduled to leave yet

http://gcaptain.com/2-activists-now-chained-to-shell-support-vessel/

How admirable. Even with no real plan of any kind, or even any common sense for that matter, there are people who will just spring into action.

also, take note of what she decided to chain herself to. Genius.

I say drop the hook!

could you imagine if they had hauled it instead? It would have drug that witless twat right through the hawsepipe and spit a skin sack of broken bones out the top. The anchor is one of the worst things to chain yourself to, right behind the propeller.

Doesn’t look like a standard anchor chain set up, it seems to be shackled onto a deck fitting.

[QUOTE=Kennebec Captain;162765]Doesn’t look like a standard anchor chain set up, it seems to be shackled onto a deck fitting.[/QUOTE]

Just checked the other photos, and it would appear you are correct. So now this seems like a completely intelligent idea and I feel silly.

Looks like a leg of the bridle…i think that’s one of the response barges.

[QUOTE=snacktray;162758]also, take note of what she decided to chain herself to. Genius.[/QUOTE]

That’s really gonna hurt.

I guess she took the term hawsepiping too literally.

It’s a bridle leg good on them, let her sweat it out and have a good pants shitting story to tell her hipster friends.

[QUOTE=rshrew;162783]It’s a bridle leg good on them, let her sweat it out and have a good pants shitting story to tell her hipster friends.[/QUOTE]

With further scrutiny it appears you are correct.

Bet she’s wearing Depends, btw. All the pros do.

Ya if she poops in the water you can get her on a MARPOL violation.

See that hole on the ship around her chest area? Looks like an anchor wash down line. I say turn on the pump and blast her with 10 bar of water

I wonder how many of these people actually vote?

Too many!!!

Oil is bad. We should just go back to living in mud huts.

[QUOTE=snacktray;162758]also, take note of what she decided to chain herself to. Genius.[/QUOTE]

Conversations we’d like to hear:

“Six shots to the waters edge Mister Mate.”

“Aye captain.”

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;162841]Oil is bad. We should just go back to living in mud huts.[/QUOTE]

…and using whale oil. I think that’d be ok for lubing the tow wire.

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;162841]Oil is bad. We should just go back to living in mud huts.[/QUOTE]

It doesn’t have to be either/or, and frankly, these kind of comments serve no purpose.

Look at this spill in California.

I’d like to see it not spilled along miles of coastline, can we at least have that?

Fine the fuck out of these cheap and lazy companies that don’t pig and repair their pipelines, for starters.

I don’t see a huge fine coming for these guys. Another outfit dumped chemicals into the entire drinking supply of Charleston, WV and virtually got away with it.

Now back to mocking the idjits hanging from the chain.

[QUOTE=catherder;162850]It doesn’t have to be either/or, and frankly, these kind of comments serve no purpose.[/QUOTE]

I thought we were trying to set a record for the most strawmen in one thread.

[QUOTE=catherder;162818]I wonder how many of these people actually vote?[/QUOTE]

WAY too many…Isn’t it evident?