3,500 more troops from Fort Bragg's 82nd Airborne Division to deploy to Middle East

When you keep poking in the butt of someone who has been tolerant military wise, you awakened some repercussions for your actions. Not pretty results,(For the opposition) but enough is enough.

So much for the slogan of ‘bringing home the troops’. On the other hand that guy taken out was a real bad ass and good riddance. However, now a a hornet’s nest has been stirred up and the consequences are unpredictable, they can and will retaliate anywhere in the world. More innocent people will be killed.

So much for the slogan - there, fixed it for you.

1 Like

History lesson:
Back before 2003, U.S. Middle Eastern policy went kinda like this: we pay Israel billions, they duke it out with the Arabs and Persians. The ten POTII since WW2 followed the advice of POTUS34 and Vizzini: Never get involved in a land war in Asia.

POTUS41 got away with violating this rule in the Gulf War, but we had the home court advantage, and he made sure our players promptly cleared the field after the game.

POTUS41’s son, POTUS43, only inherited half of his dad’s smarts. In 2003, POTUS43 invaded Iraq looking for weapons of mass destruction (spoiler alert-he never found them). Whoopsie. No problem, his minions said, we’ll make a profit on the oil.

At the time, them pointy-headed commie university Middle East experts warned POTUS43, “Son, you’re a corn pone short of a fish fry. Once you get in there you ain’t never getting out.”

Tens of thousands of people died, and the USA is $1,000,000,000 in debt from POTUS43’s war (Count the zeros).

Fast forward to today: POTUS43 is sitting at home making bad oil paintings and counting his millions. His minions, Rumsfeld and Cheney: also sitting fat and happy. Making bank. Enjoying the good life.

Among the injured U.S. servicemen: about 1,650 amputees. Maybe 90,000 with traumatic brain injuries. Iraqi injured? Well, most Americans don’t care, so why bring it up?

POTUS44 and POTUS45 made all sorts of promises before they were elected about getting us out of the Middle East. They found it’s not that simple. POTUS41 knew it, POTUS43 blew it, POTUS44 and 45 are stuck in it. Or rather, we are.

Here’s the thing: the Middle East is chock full of villains who need killing. You could crunch one a day, just like vitamins, and there would still be an endless supply of true believers to target.

It’s what those pointy-headed commie university professors warned POTUS43 of, back in 2003: the Middle East is filled with true believers who want to die. Hell, when they get bored enough, they just strap bombs on and blow themselves up. So how do we punish them? We blow them up (you can’t make this stuff up). They get what they want, and we end up $1,000,000,000 in the hole.

Hey, do you ever wake up at 4AM and think, “My God–was that their strategy all along? Suck us farther and farther in. Bankrupt us?”

Collective amnesia on the part of the American public: There was a time when we paid Israel so they could blow up Arabs and Persians, and we stayed out of it.

2 Likes

I’m not a political science or history major but in '10-'11 a simpleton like myself foresaw & predicted over & over on social media the millions of refugees that would move from Syria & Libya to Europe & the US if we went down the path of toppling the long established governments in those countries. The outcome was as plane as day in '10-'11. Only idiots supported Obama, McCain, H. Clinton, Corker & Kerry in orchestrating those obvious humanitarian crisises that we were later obligated to try to fix by accepting the refugees. Call me a conspiracy theorist all you want but this stuff plays out too much like a cheap made for TV movie not to be pre-planned IMO.

As if the good terrorist general and the entire regime in Iran was not already fully dedicated and fully vested in murdering all infidels and Sunnis ect. since the Iranian revolution? No offence but the typical appeasement oriented feckless gutless self exterminating European mentality is on full display just as is the leftist true loyalties in supporting any “enemy of my enemy is my friend” mentality is also on full display on both sides of the pond. The European and Western propensity in general, for self flagellation while playing nice for economic reasons with mass murdering communist regimes such as the PRC, which murdered and starved around 70-75M during Mao’s reign as well as the approximately 1300 years of continued Islamic military conquests against Europe, Africa and Asia hundreds of years before and after the much bantered about and guilt weighed Christian crusades, as well as Islamic enslavement empires, such as the Omani one boggles the imagination, but I digress.

“The conqueror is always a lover of peace; he would prefer to take over our country unopposed.” ― Carl von Clausewitz, On War

1 Like

There - the Iraqis solved the problem for us - we can bring the troops back - 139 countries left to go.

That’s a lot to unpack. Let’s take it bit by bit:
The European and Western propensity in general, for self flagellation while playing nice for economic reasons with mass murdering communist regimes such as the PRC, which murdered and starved around 70-75M
The USA and U.N. nations faced the Chinese in the Korean War, and battled them to a draw. The British successfully fought the Communists in Malaya. The USA nearly went to nuclear war with the Soviets over Cuba in 1962, and forced them to back down. The USA and Australians fought the Communists in Vietnam. Are you categorizing all that bloodshed and treasure as “playing nice” with Communist regimes?

Are you saying the USA/Europe should have gone to war with China, over the Chinese government’s mass murder of their own people?

1300 years of continued Islamic military conquests against Europe, Africa and Asia hundreds of years before and after the much bantered about and guilt weighed Christian crusades,
I will agree with you that since the days of Rome fighting with Persia in 54 BC (about 700 years before Islam) there has been war and counter war between the two civilizations. You could probably go back to Alexander the Great (4th century BC), who conquered the East all the way up to Afghanistan.

I agree with you that the West has nothing to be ashamed of when it comes to the Crusades. The Crusades were just another round in the endless bloodshed which is human civilization. Everyone equally guilty, or not guilty, as you see fit.

What I don’t understand is what I take to be your assertion that somehow the USA/Europe needs to go to war with Islam. True, you did not say this in as many words. You said

The European and Western propensity in general, for self flagellation while playing nice for economic reasons with… approximately 1300 years of continued Islamic military conquests against Europe, Africa and Asia hundreds of years before and after the much bantered about and guilt weighed Christian crusades, as well as Islamic enslavement empires…”

At the first ellipsis I cut out your mention of the PRC, to indicate that the way this is written seems tin indicate you are saying the West should not “appease” Islamic countries. Well, the USA has been in Iraq and Afghanistan for 16 years. We pay Israel billions of dollars to fight a proxy war for us. How are we appeasing Islam?

I look at the depth of history and see that two cultures have been fighting for 2,300 years. There’s been a time-out for the last 100 years. I don’t want to put words in your mouth, so what policy exactly are you advocating here?