2016 Academy Grads

How many deck and engine grads did each of the academies have this year?

What are the seagoing job placement rates?

Doesn’t anyone know something about this?

The one kid I know who graduated this year got a job, but not a super desirable high paying one. But decent none the less, and it’s sailing employment. Deck. No idea about others or stats/figures.

[QUOTE=tugsailor;186504]How many deck and engine grads did each of the academies have this year?

What are the seagoing job placement rates?[/QUOTE]

I’ve read 900 total but no number re deck vs engine

An East Coast State Academy:

-Total Deck Grads = 55
-Total Engine Grads = 115

Total hires by MSC - (This schools largest graduate placement company)

A certain west coast academy had 28 hired by msc the rest went union. Dont have the exact splits. but there are people not sailing who wanted to

Just to fill in some more blanks -

about a dozen accepted commissions in the various services, a few will be working research, many more are taking the summer off to travel or whatever hoping (praying) for a better job market in 2017.

I’m reluctant to share which school these numbers apply to as I don’t want this thread to turn into a another 'Which Academy is best ’ thread.

[QUOTE=cali deckie;186839]A certain west coast academy had 28 hired by msc the rest went union. Dont have the exact splits. but there are people not sailing who wanted to[/QUOTE]

MSC San Diego did not pull anyone from my neck of the woods while the Virginia office had 4 schools to pick from.

All MSC new hires go to the east coast even cal im over in new jersey right now. I wasnt trying to make this a which academy is best thing either just my name kinda gives it away. So far there have been 7 total 3rd mates to get to neo slightly more engine but the majority are still waiting for neo word is those who did commercial on msc got preference for deck I’m guessing engine was the same