10 to 12 weeks for Raise in Grade

I submitted my application yesterday for RIG to 1600/3000 Master. I was told at the Houston REC it would take 10 to 12 weeks for approval. I sure hope not but will keep all of you posted.

My RIG was issued 8 days after it was received at the Milleville REC. I hope you break my record,

Good luck 10, and keep up posted!
And skycowboy, you must be living some kind of clean life, rubbing buddha’s belly, and throwing salt over our left shoulder!

[quote=Capt. Fran;18677]Good luck 10, and keep up posted!
And skycowboy, you must be living some kind of clean life, rubbing buddha’s belly, and throwing salt over our left shoulder![/quote]

That was for his 100 ton. It’s like getting a pre-approved credit card…

Ouch, Steve, That hurt. You left out my AB unlimited and lifeboatman, did you forget I had a coupon.

On June 18th I sent an email asking about the processing time for a 1600 master Raise In Grade. I was told 12-20 weeks. Perhaps things are heading in the right direction!

Sorry man, Couldn’t help myself. I knew you would read it. What is family for, if not to f… with each other. We are still proud of you…:wink:

[I][quote=10talents;18649]I submitted my application yesterday for RIG to 1600/3000 Master. I was told at the Houston REC it would take 10 to 12 weeks for approval. I sure hope not but will keep all of you posted.[/quote][/I]

The current average processing tiome for complete applications is approximately 30 days. This is the current average, not a guarantee.

[quote=jdcavo;18720]

The current average processing tiome for complete applications is approximately 30 days. This is the current average, not a guarantee.[/quote]

Is this from the time the application comes “in the door” until it goes “out the door”?

Or is this the time actually spent on an evaluation and approval (discounting time for mail, sitting in an “inbox”, awaiting info, etc…)

Not being critical, just curious.

Thanks for a good belly laugh Steve. I needed that. :smiley:

Wow, paperwork 8 days in transit.:frowning: I could have delivered it by mule & wagon.:stuck_out_tongue: Didn’t Al Gore invent something called the “Super Highway”:rolleyes:. Why can’t it be scanned and emailed? It takes less than 30 minutes. Anyway I am now PQEB and ready to be evaluated.:cool:

[B]WHOAA!! Stop the mule![/B] Less than two weeks and I am in the “for review” stage. :slight_smile: My only concern is why it says “duplicate” under transaction type. :confused: My application is for “Raise in Grade”.

“Approved to Test”. :smiley: That is what I been looking for everyday checking the homeport website. It took about 4 1/2 weeks from application until approval to test. There were some hickups along the way. Appears that company sea service letters stating you were employed as Master or Mate on a vessel are not sufficient. :confused: I had to submit expired licenses that I held thirty years ago to validate the letters. They had no record of my licenses prior to 1985 even though I was issued 3 from 1979 to 1985. :eek:

Congrats on the “Approved to Test”, you been using the 4 1/2 weeks waiting to study so you pass the first time around? Good luck with the testing.