Yangzijiang Secures 13 Newbuild Orders in Q4 2014

SINGAPORE/TAIPEI – 05 January 2014 – Yangzijiang Shipbuilding (Holdings) Limited (“Yangzijiang” or “the Group” or “扬子江船业控股有限公司”), one of PRC’s leading and most enterprising shipbuilder listed on the SGX Main Board, announced that it had entered into thirteen (13) new shipbuilding orders in 4Q2014 including nine (9) effective orders with a total contract value worth for US$388 million and four (4) new options worth with an aggregate value of US$122 million. Total order wins for 2014 stood at US$1.8 billion, consisting of 41 vessels. In addition, six (6) outstanding options including two (2) 10,000TEU containerships, two (2) 36,500DWT bulk carriers and two (2) 2,700TEU containerships were carried forward to year 2015.

Out of the thirteen (13) new orders entered in 4Q2014, nine (9) were effective orders consisting of two (2) units of 10,000TEU containerships exercised from the existing options and seven (7) new shipbuilding contracts consisting of four (4) units of 36,500DWT bulk carriers, two (2) units of 2,700TEU containerships and one (1) unit of 64,000DWT bulk carrier. The remaining four (4) were new options for two (2) units of 36,500DWT bulk carriers and two (2) units of 2,700TEU containerships.

The nine (9) new effective contracts are scheduled for deliveries from 2015 to 2017.

Commenting on the Group’s contract wins, Mr Ren Yuanlin ( 任元林 ), Executive Chairman of Yangzijiang said,

“Shipbuilding industry in China recovered strongly in the early part of 2014, before it started to lose momentum in the second half year.

We did a good job in the first half of 2014 catching the wave on the market; halfyear’s new orders recorded a strong US$1.4 billion worth of contracts, and outstanding orders filled up our yard capacity for the next two years. Based on the situation, in the second half year, we strategically turned more selective on new order taking. We aim to optimize the use of yard resources, and prioritize the orders with more favorable terms, as well as those in line with our strategy to build larger and more efficient vessels.

The 10,000TEU containerships, offering outstanding cost efficiency in shipping, has become one of Yangzijiang’s flagship products; they will continue to gain attention from ship owners, and contribute to the future growth of the Group, along with our other endeavors. As the new year unfolds, we will continue to monitor the development on market dynamics, make optimal order taking and capacity management decisions, and do our best to maximize shareholder value.”

I see Rob has given up on trying to direct us to the main webpage and is now posting news in the forums for our convenience.

Main page???

This was a cut and paste press release so I figured the best spot for it would be here rather than the homepage. Any objections?

Home page is made from kryptonite not many dare go there. I don’t think to many have figured out in the iPhone app if you hit more at the bottom and tap blog it redirects to this homepage you frequently speak of.

yeah, I’ve kind of noticed that, and I don’t quite understand why that is the case. Any thoughts on how we could make this easier for people to access?

[QUOTE=rob;151104]yeah, I’ve kind of noticed that, and I don’t quite understand why that is the case. Any thoughts on how we could make this easier for people to access?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if this will help the access to the Home Page but it sure would help a lot of us if the APP was working for both Apple and Android users.

[QUOTE=rob;151088]This was a cut and paste press release so I figured the best spot for it would be here rather than the homepage. Any objections?[/QUOTE]

I can’t see any reasonable objections to the administrators c/p relevant news/info in the forums. As for getting the guys to read the news and information part of the website; Good luck. The people that are interested in maritime news are already visiting the main page. Others who only want to post and converse on the forums wouldn’t read the news if you forced them to the main page to log in. It’s like a newspaper. Some people only read the Sports, some people only read the news. But the paper satisfies all of them regardless of their interests.

[QUOTE=txwooley;151252]I can’t see any reasonable objections to the administrators c/p relevant news/info in the forums. As for getting the guys to read the news and information part of the website; Good luck. The people that are interested in maritime news are already visiting the main page. Others who only want to post and converse on the forums wouldn’t read the news if you forced them to the main page to log in. It’s like a newspaper. Some people only read the Sports, some people only read the news. But the paper satisfies all of them regardless of their interests.[/QUOTE]
Good point. There’s not much more we can do to make the news any more conspicuous before we start annoying people.

[QUOTE=rob;151288]Good point. There’s not much more we can do to make the news any more conspicuous before we start annoying people.[/QUOTE]

I believe that since the element of discussion is missing on that page it is not very magnetic. I know for me it isn’t plus I get all the headlines sent to my email by gCaptain so see them there first which eliminates my need to go there to see the news.

Many of us also receive gCaptain news on our Facebook pages. Between Facebook, email notifications, and the forum I believe all info gCaptain puts out is covered.

My note about annoyance is that I don’t want to post news that isn’t of interest to anyone, which is why we rarely, if ever, publish press releases on our homepage. The same principle applies to the forum to a certain degree, but the way the information is categorized on the forum in a bit more of a raw format, provides some leeway on that. The value of the forum, of course, is the user-generated content.

Regarding the news on our homepage and our newsletter… the info received in your inbox is the news from the day before, so if you want the most current stuff, you have to visit the homepage.

It’s ok to ruffle feathers, but respect and professionalism is key to making this a useful forum for everyone, so if we can keep that foremost in our minds, then we won’t have any problems.

I’ll say this much regarding the news you do post that being over 90% Americans here, we are mainly interested in any news about the US industry. I am really not too keen to know what is happening in the world international bulk carriers, although I believe we all are very interested in any marine incidents because accidents know no national boundaries and they but for the Grace of God go us.

Well, the US is actually a minority on gCaptain if you compare our traffic to the rest of the world. 44.9 percent of our traffic came from the US in the past month. The Forum, if you look at it as its own entity, is obviously more US-focused with 87 percent of our visitors in the past month coming from US-based IP addresses.

Ultimately, we’d like to evolve the Forum to be more global in nature which would bring in a number of different view points on many more issues.

[QUOTE=rob;151317]Ultimately, we’d like to evolve the Forum to be more global in nature which would bring in a number of different view points on many more issues.[/QUOTE]

but that will be contentious itself because the rest of the world and the US are not anywhere close to each other on both ends of the spectrum.

also of total traffic, is the forum responsible for more that the remainder of the site? I’d be interested to know?

The forum received about 1/4 of the page views on gCaptain.com, or about 7 million page views last year…

[QUOTE=rob;151323]The forum received about 1/4 of the page views on gCaptain.com, or about 7 million page views last year…[/QUOTE]

really, I would have thought it to be higher than that…

guess I need to YELL a little LOUDER!

Please do us all a favor and try not to yell this year

Does that count the app logins? Which would also be a lot higher if the app was completely functional.