Where did everyone go?

Is it just me or has this site slowed down? It doesn’t seem to have nearly the posts it used to have, a microcosm of the industry???

It all starts with you big boy!!

One problem is that our site traffic has doubled in the past week due to the national attention on piracy… this has slowed down the service for everyone and it even crashed our servers a few times.

We are upgrading the server this week but we do owe everyone a deep appology, especially those who have posted despite the problems.

John,
No apology necessary, you do us all a great service here.

Capt. Lee,
How did you know, you see a pic of me or something???

I too had wondered where everyone went- hope they are busy working:)

regarding the server crashes-

John, have you considered sending a bulk email to everyone- apologizing and inviting them back?

I’m still around, and that’s what counts. It’s finals season so I’m just reading mostly.

[quote=cajuntugster;11454]

Capt. Lee,
How did you know, you see a pic of me or something???[/quote]

Someone wrote it on the bathroom wall at a truck stop restroom off I-10 in Alabama. There was a number to call for…also.

Ditto. No apology necessary.

Nemo

[quote=Ordinaryseaman;11461]
John, have you considered sending a bulk email to everyone- apologizing and inviting them back?[/quote]

Will do… Thanks for everyones patience.

John - Thanks for the explanation about problems with the site. I thought it may have been my 3G connection while I was on still on the boat in a port with marginal phone service.

But it didn’t deter me from checking in on a regular basis. Seems like things have slowed down a bit, and I was attributing it to the overall slow down in the GOM.

I’ve been dealing with stuff on the homefront that’s kept me busy. I’ve been checking in from time to time but I haven’t been posting.

When jobs get tight people keep a low profile. Just another cycle in the maritime ‘bidness’.

I’ve been bringing out the Dino Chouest and should be finishing FEMA and going on contract soon. It’s been busy…and what time I have in the evenings, hopefully, I get in some NBA playoffs

I figured you ditched us for a new hobby…:slight_smile: