What are some of your hobbies at home?

Is anyone else on here a birdwatcher? That’s another thing I like to do both at work and at home. I have field guides from all over the world.

Watching birds at work, we get a lot of crows on our grain barges and they are very social, feeding humming birds at home, and playing the guitar… I like to play a little bit of everything but like the surf sound a lot . My main electric guitar is a Gretsch 5120, and my acoustic is a Martin 1D.

I like to spend time at my island home on the coast of Maine, its were I grew up and its home. While I’m there I spend some time helping my teenage son keep his lobster business afloat. I like to do a little hunting, fishing and exploring the Maine Coast. Traveling to tropical climates and drinking rum is always fun, and I like to drive my 1992 BMW convertible on the few warm sunny days we get up here in Maine.

I like old vehicles as well. My runabout is a 1992 buick roadmaster station wagon. Funny huh? Its the most comfortable vehicle I’ve ever owned. Its like driving my living room couch around. My pride and joy though is my 1971 Chevy Cheyenne, 3/4 ton. 4WD. Original 350 CI engine under the hood, turbo 400 automatic, factory air etc. Two tone bowtie blue and white. Beautiful truck.

[QUOTE=seadog6608;113877]I like old vehicles as well. My runabout is a 1992 buick roadmaster station wagon. Funny huh? Its the most comfortable vehicle I’ve ever owned. Its like driving my living room couch around…[/QUOTE]

I have long thought that the Buick Roadmaster station wagon. was the epitome of automotive engineering, those windows in the roof and rear facing seat. When the kids were little we drove a Chevy Caprice Classic station wagon. It was a great car, took the family camping, hauled gravel…great car. I paid $900 for it and yes I would have really rather had a Buick.

KC, I am technichally the 3rd owner of that wagon. I got it from the 90 year old widow of the original owner. He bought it new at the dealership where he retired (in 92). 49,000 original miles. And even though its lived its whole life upstate NY, its not a rusted out wreck as it was garage kept and senior citizens tend not to go out much in the winter where I live. It needed a tranny when I first bought it. Got that done and its been great ever since. I even get about 22 MPG with that 350 under the hood. At 75 mph I’m only turning a hair over 2000 rpm’s.

Volunteer firefighter. Also driving and showing my 65 cobra replica. But mostly just spending time with my kids!

[QUOTE=seadog6608;113889]KC, I am technichally the 3rd owner of that wagon. I got it from the 90 year old widow of the original owner. He bought it new at the dealership where he retired (in 92). 49,000 original miles. And even though its lived its whole life upstate NY, its not a rusted out wreck as it was garage kept and senior citizens tend not to go out much in the winter where I live. It needed a tranny when I first bought it. Got that done and its been great ever since. I even get about 22 MPG with that 350 under the hood. At 75 mph I’m only turning a hair over 2000 rpm’s.[/QUOTE]

Good find. Buick Roadmaster, the name says it all

My Caprice was a 305 but I recall coming home from a rainy camping trip one summer and wanting to get home, driving down I-5 with all our shit and towing a tent trailer w/ cruise control set at 75 mph and it’s like you said, it’s like sitting on your living room couch.

I used to have a lot of hobbies. Motorcycles, both Riding and Rebuilding Old Harley’s. Using my Boat out in the Gulf of Mexico. Fixing up Old Cars and Repairing Cars of all ages. A lot of my time off was usually spent either working on my home or the Homes of Friends.

This all changed after my back surgery for three blown discs in my lower back. The reason that I bring this up is this happened during a repair with a Outside Mechanic on my vessel and was something that I had done many times by myself. All that it took to end my career at sea was one slip up and that is the danger that everyone of us deal with each and everyday. So, please be careful out there because if I could go back to that day, I would have stayed in my cabin rather than going down to help.

Since this Surgery, I have had to slowly give up on most of my hobbies and doing most of what I enjoyed, this is not something that I would want to see anyone else have to go through.

Lots of them. First I’m a volunteer firefighter. Second I like to go scuba diving with my teenage son. Also once a year I pick a mountain or gorge and hike it. During the winter I have room dedicated to a model train layout. I have created the town I live in along with a harbor with a tug and barge. Gives me something to do when the weather is crappy and my kids are in school.

[QUOTE=Kennebec Captain;113885]I have long thought that the Buick Roadmaster station wagon. was the epitome of automotive engineering, those windows in the roof and rear facing seat. When the kids were little we drove a Chevy Caprice Classic station wagon. It was a great car, took the family camping, hauled gravel…great car. I paid $900 for it and yes I would have really rather had a Buick.[/QUOTE]

My Grandad had a 4 door Roadmaster, that was thing made a Cadillac look like a Yugo. And yes it was like sitting in your favorite chair at home. Things where made to take long road trips in.

Riding and adding to my Harley. My wife also rides a Harley and we ride together sometimes. I also love this time of year as we hook up the trailer and go camping with the kids. This year the hobbies include my 4 and 6 year old just got their first dirt bike motorcycles so we have been doing some camping/dirt biking with them

Enjoying time with my family, riding the Harley, tending to the bee hive, drinking beer and watching the chickens, going to music festivals and drinking plenty of rum .

Sleeping in a bed big enough to roll over and not fall in the floor!

I adore to rest on the Caribbean islands, this indeed paradise.:cool:

I play with guns and fast cars.

Video games, fishing, disc golf, and drinking. Also Netflix.

[QUOTE=AHTS Master;115535]I play with guns and fast cars.[/QUOTE]

Fast cars on or off the track?

Both!!!

[QUOTE=AHTS Master;115600]Both!!![/QUOTE]

Dirt track or paved (I am going somewhere with this).