What are some of your hobbies at home?

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;100016]Zat you, jd? Man, I ain’t gonna rumble with you.:smiley:
Oh, c.captain ~[/QUOTE]

Here’s a fluffier one…
[ATTACH]2996[/ATTACH]

I roast my own coffee in my backyard

[QUOTE=jdcavo;100278]Here’s a fluffier one…
[ATTACH]2996[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

Ah ~~~~
Is that Nemo?

[QUOTE=SeaSick;99834]I brew beer as well. And drink the beer I brew. And then brew more beer.

I also snowboard, wakeboard, and bike if there is no beer that needs drinking![/QUOTE]

and then you throw-up ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ just kidding - just kidding

Striking similarities between everyone!

It used to be deer hunting and shooting.

Now it’s trying to spend time with my 2 year old son and 8 month old daughter. Anything to bring a smile to their faces make it all worth while. So, being a Dad and a good husband are my new hobbies.

Being gone still sucks though.

So beer guys what is your favorite style? I’m a imperial IPA fan.

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;100289]and then you throw-up ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ just kidding - just kidding[/QUOTE]

I’ve learned to pace myself. Thankfully I only have 2 hands!!!

[QUOTE=rshrew;100310]So beer guys what is your favorite style? I’m a imperial IPA fan.[/QUOTE]

IIPA or a Barley Wine.

[QUOTE=rshrew;100310]So beer guys what is your favorite style?[/QUOTE]

Cold

[QUOTE=rshrew;100310] I’m a imperial IPA fan.[/QUOTE]

You have excellent taste. India Pale Ale is indeed a great brew, then there’s Carlsberg Elephant, my home brew is dam good, and there’s [ATTACH]2998[/ATTACH].
I like a lot more, however there are a few, which need not be mentioned, that are simply too awful for even me & I ain’t fussy.

[QUOTE=rshrew;100310]So beer guys what is your favorite style? I’m a imperial IPA fan.[/QUOTE]

too hoppy for my taste…I prefer a simple blonde pale ale or an amber myself. Used to like my dark ales alot but not in recent years…

I guess I am a beer wimp.

btw, this reminds me we still need to hoist a couple one of these days rshrew…you around next week?

I’m around going to be a busy week, Thursday we pull out the new WSF at vigor.

since we’re showing off pictures of our various collections, here is the c.captain fleet

1967 Ford Galaxie 500 convertible 390/2v/C6, 75k mi…a bone stock survivor and simply a beautiful car & my 50th B’Day present to myself
1972 Mercury Marquis Brougham 4 door pillar post hardtop sedan 460/4v/C6, 60k mi…Steve McGarrett’s Five-0 ride

1953 Pontiac Chieftan Catalina 2 door hardtop 268ci flathead I-8/1v/Hydramatic 48k mi…identical make, mod and colors to my dad’s first car

1975 Ford F-600 4x4 incident command vehicle (ex Enumclaw, WA police and fire departments) 330ci V-8/2v/5spd, 15k mi never have seen another so had to buy her

This kid approves of the C.Capt fleet. Especially like Chiefton Cat. Those '50 something cars were awesome. but alas, I was born a few decades late to ever enjoy them.

[QUOTE=Jetryder223;100350]This kid approves of the C.Capt fleet. Especially like Chiefton Cat. Those '50 something cars were awesome. but alas, I was born a few decades late to ever enjoy them.[/QUOTE]

that one was a very unique find and an excellent buy as well. I hate to say which is my favorite of all 4 but I’d have a really tough time to part with her. She would definitely be the last to go.

life is short Jet…one day treat yourself to a fine classic piece of American iron. you’ll never regret it!

That Galaxie is a beauty! Too bad its not a hard top.

[QUOTE=c.captain;100345]

.[/QUOTE]

I’m a car guy. I love the old American iron and one day will own one. I have been into Japanese classics for a long time too.

My 71 Datsun 510.

[QUOTE=catherder;100248]Three fuzzies, two of whom fight at any given time, but most of the time, they sleep.

My surfing leaves a lot to be desired…it’s great comic relief for the real surfers (I avoid the lineup)[/QUOTE]

I have three my self. I have been surfing about thirty years, I always look forward to hurricane season because of the large surf and warm water! There is a lot to be said about not surfing with a wet suit, kind of like sex without a rubber.

The only hobbies that have lasted since childhood are sailing and camping deep in the woods but…

I have shared many of the same passions. Surfing, classic cars, making sawdust, making sparks, climbing, skiing, fishing, scuba/spearfishing, camping, antique chart collecting, photography and - most recently - guns. It drives my wife kinda nuts that I don’t stick to one thing and I’ve only recently figured why… my hobby is curiosity (i.e. figuring out how sh!t works). I tend towards activities that are expensive (i.e. require a lot of gear) and are difficult/complicated. I buy the gear I need then I like to figure out how to do it simpler, with the least amount of gear possible… then I sell the non-essential stuff to pay for the next hobby.

So today I still surf occasionally, but I only own one board. I still scuba dive but don’t have a fancy dive computer or regulator. I still take photos but I only have one really good camera (a 7d) and one really good lens (24-105mm f/4l). I still like to drive fast but I only have one fast car ('79 vette)…

So my hobby is curiosity, which is awesome because I have two young kids at home who are even more curious than me… we spend a lot of time on the water, in the backyard and in the woods figuring out stuff together!

(P.S. This is also why I started this forum… I was simply curious about how other mariners do things different).

Why do my posts often seem to stop the conversation :wink:

We want to make you feel oh so special