Watchkeeping DP days before sim course

Good morning everyone!

I need help about my doubt. I have been looking for it in The Nautical Institute FAQ section but I don’t find it.

I would like to know if watchkeeping DP day obtained before make the simulation course count to obtain the DP certificate.

Actually I have the DP Basic Induction course (obtained in 2012, old scheme) and 30 days DP familiarisation experience nad logbook tasks

Thanks for all.

IF you are asking about the 30 days that you can count before the induction class, then yes, you can count up to 30 days before the initial class.

I am under the same scheme.

If this is not what you are asking, then please clarify and I will try to answer again.

Thanks for your answer.

Im asking about the 180 days DP watchkeeping.

I would like to know if I can start doing these days before the simulation course, and if these days (obtained before simulation course) count to obtain the DP final Certificate.

Thanks

[QUOTE=blaineatk;182155]If this is not what you are asking, then please clarify and I will try to answer again.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for answer.

I try to clarify, Im asking about the 180 Watchkeeping DP days you need to get DP certificate.

The questios is if you can obtain these days before make the simulation/advanced course

Thanks.

If you’re asking if you can count watchkeeping days earned before the advanced class then yes, the only requirement is that you have at least 30 days after your advanced class before submitting your time for your certificate. You could take basic class, do 180 days, take advanced class, do 30 more, then submit your application to the NI. If you take basic, do 250 days, then take advanced, you’ll still need 30 more days.