Viking Cruises Port of New Orleans

Better then the Mississippi though? But yeah, Can’t think of an inland water way in the States that would be great to travel on a cruise ship.

There’s one on the St. Lawrence that looks like fun, and I’d love to go down the McKenzie. There used to be a cruise there, but the people retired. I’m not a cruiser, and the lifestyle doesn’t appeal to me, but those two kept to a reasonable size… I think I’d dig it. I think Mississippi could be done right: focus on regional cuisine, regional music, modern and historical industry, civil war history. Wouldn’t a civil war history cruise be amazing?

It really would if you can get to the river front plantations that are still there but you’d have to go past a bunch of refineries! But after about 30 seconds of research I found this: https://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/louisiana/riverroad.htm I guess that could be pretty cool. But not worth what Viking would probably charge.

Mt Aunt and Cousin have done two cruises over in Europe on Viking and have really enjoyed them.

What made them so enjoyable, was the way that they would stop in all of the small towns and give them a chance to enjoy the local sights. When I first heard about them thinking about doing cruises on the River this was the first thing that came to mind. I’ve made more than my fair share of trips as up as Baton Rouge and I just couldn’t see the average person enjoying that type of scenery.

This is the way Americans should tour the length of the mighty Mississippi. Not bad pricing either, 34 days & less that $7k for 2 people. I seen a lot of these passenger disembark in the late 90’s in Marrero, LA & they all seemed happy, waving their hands off & honking their horns.