USMMA prep program

Hey, I got into the USMMA prep program at marion military institute, wondered if there was any other prep student out there for USMMA or even marion military prep students. Any advice and personal thoughts on experience is greatly appreciated

I know I am harsh on these kids but they need to grow a thick skin to go to sea so…

Jazus Effing Keyryst boy…do you really need prekindergarten? You do know how to not go in your own pants…correct?

Well he’s already a Mate there C.Captain, he must have tons of sea time. Wonder why he’s trying to get into KP.

I guess the question is, what do you hope to gain attending this prep program?

Just to get through the year of prep and then attend the four years at kings point. Also to improve my scores in calculus and chemistry which are what I struggled with In high school

[QUOTE=Mate_Zac;159424]Just to get through the year of prep and then attend the four years at kings point. Also to improve my scores in calculus and chemistry which are what I struggled with In high school[/QUOTE]

do you also plan to be regimental commander or band major at KP?

warning: answer yes and a small explosive charge will be detonated under you sometime

[QUOTE=Mate_Zac;159424]Just to get through the year of prep and then attend the four years at kings point. Also to improve my scores in calculus and chemistry which are what I struggled with In high school[/QUOTE]

Obviously your decision on where you go or what you want to do is yours alone. Concentrate on the academics if that is your weak area. It is the books that will decide if you sink or swim, not how well you march or how shiny your shoes are.

[QUOTE=Chief Seadog;159431]not how well you march or how shiny your shoes are.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know…smart marching style wins you lots of points with the pointy heads at KP. He might even make commander of the band but he’ll need to be able to tie his shoes first so prep school might not be such a bad idea.

HUZZAH!

Just for you C.captain im going to be the best band commander out there and put lots of post on here about how great the KP band is and how important it is to our country

you mean important to the late empire of Great Britain!

//youtu.be/eVqn6UOziXc

I swear to God, I am about to DETONATE here tonight…Nobody in the USA gives a PHLYING PHUCK for stoopid marching moozik (except John Phillip Sousa who was too awesome for words)

I mean just the stache and beard are for the ages. Semper Fidelis y’all

Thanks for video C.Captain.

I especially liked the lass at 1:20 - the lovely Natalie Jones. USMMA seems to attract better looking female types than found at my school. I wonder if it’s too late to transfer to KP?

personally, even I’d go to KP if Natalie looked more like this…Mr. Hooper

DAMNED! I guess I am now a “dirty old man” as well as a foul mouthed one

anyway, I couldn’t help noticing all the KPee tromboners twirling like whirling dervishes out on the dance floor

who is responsible for such idiocy? what ultramaroons run that asylum? and what the PHUCK is Force doing there in the middle of all this with some stoopid snotnosed kid? KPeewee really has become a CHUCK E. CHEESE of maritime academies!

Note to Admiral Helis…I unclog my nose upon you and your silly tinpot so called school for training American mariners. Hang your head in SHAME SIR! PATHETIC doesn’t begin to describe the FARCE that is the USMMA of 2015. You MUST change EVERYTHING there if you hope it to ever be seen with RESPECT by professional American mariners. The first thing to go is Kenneth Force, the band and loonacy like these Beat Meat Retreats! ENOUGH SIR!

Imma find you a hobby c.captain. Maybe knitting or basket weaving at the YMCA on Wednesday nights would be good. Because anyone who has enough time to go through the video,focus that much on it and come up with all these analogies about one school and rebuttals everything about it online has wayyyy too much time on their hands

[QUOTE=Mate_Zac;159574]Because anyone who has enough time to go through the video,focus that much on it and come up with all these analogies about one school and rebuttals everything about it online has wayyyy too much time on their hands[/QUOTE]

not at all…I am a master of time management and multitasking. it also helps that I take a lot of Speed…you want some?

btw, you gotta admit the babe is HOT! If there were such females at KP there would be no Band. Everybody would be acting like regular college kids screwing all the time! The reason they even have the stoopid band they do is because there is NO sex at KP!

Nah I’m good. I got coffee

"I know I am harsh on these kids but they need to grow a thick skin to go to sea so…

Jazus Effing Keyryst boy…do you really need prekindergarten? You do know how to not go in your own pants…correct?"

Fucking A!!! I would hate to see you have to actually pay and, work your way up the hawsepipe!

What’s wrong with going to an academy? Everyone has an opportunity to attend one if they put enough hard work and effort to do so, and furthermore the awfulness that is put into lasting there is no fun either. I understand that a lot of the kids who attend are arrogant, spoiled, daddy money kids but that is not me. As I have stated before. I get haws piping sucks but why not if you had the chance go to an academy?

[QUOTE=Mate_Zac;159585]What’s wrong with going to an academy? Everyone has an opportunity to attend one if they put enough hard work and effort to do so, and furthermore the awfulness that is put into lasting there is no fun either. I understand that a lot of the kids who attend are arrogant, spoiled, daddy money kids but that is not me. As I have stated before. I get haws piping sucks but why not if you had the chance go to an academy?[/QUOTE]

Well, presumably with a little hard work and effort everyone has an opportunity to attend the Ivy League Schools. Why don’t you go to Yale or Harvard?

If you have an opportunity to attend an academy by all means go for it but don’t make assumptions about what opportunities were available to others.

[QUOTE=Mate_Zac;159574]Imma find you a hobby c.captain. Maybe knitting or basket weaving at the YMCA on Wednesday nights would be good. Because anyone who has enough time to go through the video,focus that much on it and come up with all these analogies about one school and rebuttals everything about it online has wayyyy too much time on their hands[/QUOTE]

Look at it from a different perspective, the guys who have to work for him - this is his hobby. On more than one occasion I have wished the Captain I was sailing with would get a hobby so he’d leave me alone.

That makes sense. And I agree with the fact that I could go to Ivy League of i would have been willing to do what was required to go to an Ivy League school. But they don’t interest me because I want to work on ships so going to KP is the equivalent for me in the maritime industry.