USMMA Alumni Association and Foundation Evicted

Serious question: Do the other schools have offices for their alumni associations? It’s kinda odd to me that KP’s alumni group would be shown the door. I can’t imagine the office space is needed by some other entity. I went to a state university (non-maritime) and our alumni association has offices on-campus.

[QUOTE=A drop of Nelson’s Blood;108510]I would continue, but I have said my piece. And while I am sure there will be fervent responses from supposed hard-core individuals with way too much time on their hands to commit sooooo many responses and still be worth their salt running a ship or standing a watch, I hope that anyone trying to educate themselves on the industry and USMMA sift through all the other garbage and at least glance upon this. There are a few loud ruffians, but the silent professionals are still around and maintain a proud tradition with a sense of decorum. Fair winds, following seas gentlemen.[/QUOTE]

Something stinky here makes me believe that you’re really Uniblab under a new username…way too transparent with that ending! In any event, you are much too small to warrant any effort on, but in due time I just might take your post apart line by line…just for the purpose to keep the mind limber and exercised is all, because the reality is that you don’t matter and are actually quite irrelevant here bordering on the microscopic even!.

[QUOTE=c.captain;108635]Something stinky here makes me believe that you’re really Uniblab under a new username…way too transparent with that ending! Otherwise, you are much too small here to warrant any effort on, but in due time I just might take your post apart line by line…just for the purpose to keep the mind limber and exercised is all, because the reality if that you don’t matter and are actually quite irrelevant here.[/QUOTE]

Ah ha! The game is afoot, my dear Watson! The excessive wordiness for no good reason, the die-hard support of useless and ineffectual institutions, the little sign-off slogan at the end of the rant, it all adds up! Oh, how I do love a good conspiracy!!! Thank you C.Captain, I never would have even bothered to read that whole thing.

[QUOTE=c.captain;108635]Something stinky here makes me believe that you’re really Uniblab under a new username…way too transparent with that ending! Otherwise, you are much too small here to warrant any effort on, but in due time I just might take your post apart line by line…just for the purpose to keep the mind limber and exercised is all, because the reality if that you don’t matter and are actually quite irrelevant here.[/QUOTE]

He referred to us as “ruffians!”

By Ichabod, he’s off his chump!

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;108637]Ah ha! The game is afoot, my dear Watson! The excessive wordiness for no good reason, the die-hard support of useless and ineffectual institutions, the little sign-off slogan at the end of the rant, it all adds up! Oh, how I do love a good conspiracy!!! Thank you C.Captain, I never would have even bothered to read that whole thing.[/QUOTE]

Don’t call him Watson.

my inner Sherlock thanks you with all due humility…

Jeremy Brett…the man that Sherlock Holmes became!

[QUOTE=catherder;108639]Don’t call him Watson.[/QUOTE]

Oh bravo m’lady…most very well played indeed!

btw…on the whole, if it was up to me, I’d rather be Mycroft!

[QUOTE=A drop of Nelson’s Blood;108110]First off, I have been a long-time observer of these forums. And to be honest have always abstained from posting[/QUOTE]

Abstained from posting!? If this guy really is UniBlab what a crock of $#!T!!! Also, can I just point out that he posted the exact same, and I mean identical, EIGHT paragraph rant on here THREE TIMES. This guy is insulting our intelligence. How STUPID (that’s “stoopid” to you C.Capt.) does he think we are? Can I just say, and I believe and hope there several people on here who whole heartedly agree with me, I personally get very upset when someone makes a public display, that they think I won’t notice, of just how little they think I know and understand.

Somebody smack him upside his head and shut him up before my twitch comes back. Bad things happen when my right eye-lids start to twitch… Last time, I blacked out, woke up 12 hours later in the middle of a corn field in Nebraska (I was in New York when I blacked out…) and next to me was a South-Pacific tribal shaman in full dress chanting over a camp fire, a pretty busted-up pink '57 chevy, a rusty shovel, a vinyl record player shouting in angrily in German (I think it might have been Zee Fuhrer), three freshly covered 6-foot long holes, and several soiled bed sheets. I don’t mind telling you that the farmer who owned that field was not a very happy camper when he woke up that morning, and frankly, neither was I… THAT IS NOT A TIME IN MY LIFE THAT I WANT TO GO BACK TO.

[QUOTE=catherder;108638]He referred to us as “ruffians!”![/QUOTE]

my, oh my…how most uncouth! So much for our man Godfrey’s “sense of decorum”!

and by the by, both obtuse and sexist as well…didn’t close with “ladies and gentlemen”!

Well, I guess we have all been put in our place by “A drop of Nelson’s Blood”. Not sure who this Asshole is but we must have really struck a nerve for him, her or it to have to come here and educate the unwashed masses that post here. After all what do most of us know about KP? All of my knowledge comes from years of working with and around KP’ers. Most of the KP’ers that I sailed with only wanted to sail long enough to get into some Pilot Association or to move up to a shoreside job.

We pay for their education and what do they do to pay back the Tax Payers? At the other “Service” Academies they have to serve but not at KP.

So, “A drop of Nelson’s Blood” come on back and tell us again how this Country can not survive without KP.

I have nothing but respect for those that went there during WWII and even those that went there up until the late 60/70’s as that is when the attitude changed and they started coming out with that BIG CHIP on their shoulders.

“A drop of Nelson’s Blood” is not me, that’s for sure. I do applaud his post and appreciate his sentiments. While his post did produce a couple of unrelated pictures and he was called an asshole for posting, he didn’t get any videos of the KP band, pictures of the KP band director, disparaging remarks/pictures/videos of KP midshipmen, or statements that “once upon a time the US had a merchant marine”. How are you going to uphold gcaptain’s well deserved reputation for anti-KP bias with behavior like that? C,mon, let’s get with it people!

[QUOTE=Uniblab;108655]“A drop of Nelson’s Blood” is not me, that’s for sure. I do applaud his post and appreciate his sentiments. While his post did produce a couple of unrelated pictures and he was called an asshole for posting, he didn’t get any videos of the KP band, pictures of the KP band director, disparaging remarks/pictures/videos of KP midshipmen, or statements that “once upon a time the US had a merchant marine”. How are you going to uphold gcaptain’s well deserved reputation for anti-KP bias with behavior like that? C,mon, let’s get with it people![/QUOTE]

I felt a slight disturbance in my Force Field.
Fairytales start with Once Upon A Time. Now let’s get with it people:

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/once-upon-a-time/trivia/fairytale-quiz

I know, it’s not up to having a drop of somebody’s blood. :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;108661]I felt a slight disturbance in my Force Field.[/QUOTE]

What are your commands Lord Vader? Oh, nevermind, I know!

btw, welcome back Lord…you’ve been missed

[QUOTE=Uniblab;108655]“A drop of Nelson’s Blood” is not me, that’s for sure. I do applaud his post and appreciate his sentiments. While his post did produce a couple of unrelated pictures and he was called an asshole for posting, he didn’t get any videos of the KP band, pictures of the KP band director, disparaging remarks/pictures/videos of KP midshipmen, or statements that “once upon a time the US had a merchant marine”. How are you going to uphold gcaptain’s well deserved reputation for anti-KP bias with behavior like that? C,mon, let’s get with it people![/QUOTE]

Now you know full well that saying what you did only was an invitation for me to post more “disparaging remarks/pictures/videos of KP midshipmen”…tsk, tsk to you for such a lack of judgement What a rube you are SIR!

//youtu.be/j30H56kixMc

I wonder if the little midshippie boys and girls were serenaded with that screechy violin music while they had their gala training lucheon? Social Director for the students! How much does she get paid for that? What a miserable farce that stinking sinkhole of money is!

Btw, there is a whole cornucopia of these on the EweToobs…a massive untapped resource just waiting to be exploited by yours truly to the great consternation and tritterpation of Sir Blabalot! I can just imagine the fits he’ll throw…HAHA little man!

[QUOTE=c.captain;108670]Now you know full well that saying what you did only was an invitation for me to post more “disparaging remarks/pictures/videos of KP midshipmen”…tsk, tsk to you for such a lack of judgement What a rube you are SIR!

//youtu.be/j30H56kixMc

OMG! There is a whole cornucopia of these on the EweToobs…a massive untapped resource just waiting to be exploited![/QUOTE]

Oh, man. Why, oh why didn’t they teach us what we really needed to interact. You know, what is a fair price for a bar fine, whether to place the money on the night stand or the mattress, the appropriate timing for the gender verification, you know things like that. . . . .

[QUOTE=c.captain;108668]btw, welcome back Lord…you’ve been missed[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=2]Thank you ~
I’ve been fishing, caught some dam fine trout but paying an ugly price. I slipped in the wet grass of the river bank and may have a tear in my left knee meniscus, a MRI is scheduled.
I’m a very cranky bear.

http://imageshack.us/a/img593/7417/crankyw.jpg
[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;108689][SIZE=2]Thank you ~
I’ve been fishing, caught some dam fine trout but paying an ugly price. I slipped in the wet grass of the river bank and may have a tear in my left knee meniscus, a MRI is scheduled.
I’m a very cranky bear.[/SIZE]

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/crankyw.jpg/[/QUOTE]

Here’s to feelin’ better soon. My knees occasionally remind me of my age…and my weight

[QUOTE=catherder;108690]Here’s to feelin’ better soon. My knees occasionally remind me of my age…and my weight[/QUOTE]

Ditto from your’s truly…I had a torn miniscus in my right knee a decade ago. Luckily the surgery is pretty easy to go thru and the recovery not too long or painful but you won’t be doin your Jeremiah Johnson woodsman life for a while after it is over. Your bro out of Deer Lodge these daze to help you out there on your spread?

btw, I don’t believe it for one minute you are cranky…how can one be cranky when they have Turkey & ice in a mason jar and a Partagas to light up the night?

Be real careful about exercise, too. I actually aggravated my knees doing leg extensions on a machine. I had killer thighs (yow) but my knees were taking an unusual strain because the bio-mechanics of leg extensions are unnatural. I do simple, big lifts now like squats and deadlifts but my squats are modest, just partials.

Now I have a rotator cuff irritation, just in time to start my new job arrrrrggggh…gettin old ain’t for wimps. With injuries I self-treat but I’m no idiot either, so I’ll probably get my private doc to check it out.

We regret to inform everyone that the court denied our motion for an injunction.

After the ruling, the Academy demanded that the Alumni Association immediately vacate the grounds. Presumably, the Academy intends to follow through with the representation it made to the court–that it needs “the property to adapt it to use as classrooms,” that they “have funding in place,” which “may not be in place if [they] don’t immediately act upon it and get going.”

The court however, has ordered that the parties have until Friday, May 10th to work out some sort of reasonable time frame to move out.

We are weighing all options.

Jim Forde ‘88, Esq., AAF Board of Directors

On behalf of the hard working staff of the AAF at the Babson Center and the AAF Board of Directors, I would like to thank everyone who took the time to send us words of support. I also thank all of you who voiced your displeasure with this decision to the Secretary, the Superintendent, and your elected congressional representatives. This office will continue to update you as things develop. Thank you.