UpGrade from 1600 Mate NC to 3rd Mate AGT With Seatime Only?

nope. Different exams.

Yea I was actually testing with a guy who already had his 16Master so he essentially Had to Hawsepipe Twice! Crazy. You can go from Mate to Master but not Vice Versa. 3rd Mate to 2nd Mate UNL is Sea time and Tonnage. Then there is a crossover exam to pick up your 16Master.

I’m planning on testing for 1600 master this year. Do you have any recommendations for the crossover exam study material? I’m getting mixed and varied answers on what to study.

Used lapware practice tests to get idea of what to study. Relatively accurate. Passed with room to spare.

Lapware my man. Find the module number in the deck exam guide or get it from your ATT letter. I believe it’s 011X1. They have practice tests for that specific crossover exam. I believe it used to be a one module exam but now is a three module exam consisting of Deck Gen, Nav Gen, and Deck Safety.

I had good luck with Upgrade U for other exams but I study different than most people. The new exam guide should tell you what modules you need to study for, I believe there’s a stand alone stability exam now as part of the crossover exams.