Trump as Captain?

[QUOTE=catherder;192416]

All of Germany was reviled for Hitler- even though he too only had a plurality.[/QUOTE]

Just to keep us in the land of reality here: Adolf Hitler didn’t win an election. He lost to Paul Von Hindenberg. It wasn’t even a close call. Ass whuppin.

sure no problem for you but at the same time remember tens of millions of your fellow Americans NEVER even tried to give Barack Obama ANY CHANCE and I feel you were likely one of them so don’t be calling the kettle back when I do not reciprocate your sentiments other that your belief that Tuesday’s outcome likely will be extremely damaging to the Republic. Can it be worse that the Dubbya years? GOD HELP THIS LAND IF IT IS…THE USA CANNOT TAKE ANOTHER SELF DISEMBOWELING LIKE THAT YET AGAIN…THIS TIME IT CERTAINLY WILL BE FATAL!

The real excitement this week has been the liberal meltdown on TV and social media. Especially seeing our very own Scooter Snowlfake get triggered and go completely off the rails.

hardly off the rails SIR… how much nasty ugly inventive was hurled upon Obama by you and so many of your fellow travelers these past 8 years? Democrats like me need to learn to fight with the same tactics as the “alt-right” if we ever hope to start winning again. Democrats somehow believe because they have educations that they can win with their rainbow unicorn coalitions as opposed to stoking the fires of fear and loathing. Obama only had his eight years because GWB was such a failure as a president otherwise we would have had McCain in '08. Somehow, the Dems thought they had conquered the power of the angry right with their softsoap message but we see now that they had completely deluded themselves. Someday I pray they will wake to the reality that partisan politics in the USA is WARFARE and you MUST fight heavy fire with even heavier fire. If they don’t learn that then they are the DOOMED party which will find itself forever in the wilderness without having power to change ONE FUCKING THING

Such hateful, violent words that are ok for you to say now. If I said those in reference to fighting the anti gun or pro choice crowd you would label me a violent hate monger. If I said any of those words about border security and immigrant back ground checks you would shout me down as a racist and xenophobe.

again, tit for tat…you get to spit your vitriol and I get to spit mine

I’m so triggered by all your politically charged violent rhetoric. I thought this forum was a safe space from all talk of politics. I think John should provide us with a virtual petting zoo of specially trained trauma animals. I think we all need a big virtual hug and some cocoa.

you know full well that I want this forum to remain a politics free zone however it is impossible to maintain that all the time when something like this occurs…I fully expect the squabbling to subside over time here but it will rear its head…when there is too much pressure behind the dam, the floodgates have to be opened on occasion

Nothing would be happening on the streets right now. Everyone would have woke up on Wednesday and went to work. Someone has to go work to generate tax revenue to pay for all the social welfare most of the rioters…I mean protestors enjoy daily.

BULLSHIT, BULLSHIT, BULLSHIT! Had Drumpf won the popular ballot but lost the electoral college, there would be blood in the streets today and YOU KNOW IT!

Your tears have sweetened my coffee.

#triggered

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;192434]Your tears have sweetened my coffee.

#triggered[/QUOTE]

that is unhygenic.

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;192434]Your tears have sweetened my coffee.[/QUOTE]

I hope when you read this it comes gushing out of your nose and ruins your computer

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;192434]Your tears have sweetened my coffee.

#triggered[/QUOTE]

Sweet tears??? I was of the impression that most people cry salty tears.

Could yours be Crocodile tears??.

Real sailors put salt in their coffee, not sugar.

You’re confused (as usual) liberal tears are very sweet.

Some of the questions here is already being answered, or at least appears to be: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/442101/donald-trump-administration-trade-policy-preview
Let us hope that his actions will mach reality more than his campaign rhetoric.
Isolationism will hurt US more than China and the rest to the world and will not bring back already dead manufacturing industry. Who is going to pay the premium for American made consumer products at twice the price of imported goods? Patriotism doesn’t stretch that far.

he’s not going to isolate just renegotiate
lowering corporate tax can re start local manufacturing and or bring foreign firms in to manufacture.

• Updated - - -

Trump is now the the XO of all forces ya?

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;192454]You’re confused (as usual) liberal tears are very sweet.[/QUOTE]

and where did you ever come up with that fiction

this liberal cries tears which are BITTER as HELL and I make no apology to anyone that I do!

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=powerabout;192457]Trump is now the the XO of all forces ya?[/QUOTE]

XO? Not he is the CO or more properly the CINC of all American forces and God help us that he now is

Trump ends drought in California.

although that doesn’t mean that I won’t stay alert for the opportunity to slip you a shiv someday

You guys have the JSA for putting the gasoline right next to the fire like this? Should be fine, eh? ta!

//youtu.be/HZLmiCtEs9A

[QUOTE=c.captain;192471]

although that doesn’t mean that I won’t stay alert for the opportunity to slip you a shiv someday[/QUOTE]

https://imgflip.com/i/1ceycv

Although the US flagged fleet is small, US shipping companies are not doing bad on the statistics when it comes to ownership: https://maritimecyprus.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/top-10-shipowning-nations-2016.jpg

US Owners appears to favour flag states that is headquartered and controlled in the US, such as Marshall Island, Liberia, Vanuatu etc.
How much of the US owned fleet that is operated from the US is not stated, but much of it may be commercial managed there, while operation is handled by Ship Management companies abroad.

PS> Please note that data in this infographic contains all live and on order vessels. Offshore Vessels, Drill ships and Cruise ships are not included.

Apparently Trump may be the best thing since sliced bread, at least for the domestic US Oil industry: http://www.worldoil.com/news/2016/11/14/a-trump-presidency-will-be-good-for-us-upstream-activity

Removing all safety regulations and environmental stops may be “good” in a purely economical and short term sense, but what will be the long term consequences??

Luckily he will not be able to press his will on other countries, at least not in the developed world.

Takeing on China in a trade war may not be the smartest thing Trump can do: http://www.dn.no/nyheter/2016/11/24/0811/Utenriks/kina-kan-stoppe-trump-med-kritisk-viktig-produkt-for-usa.
Rear Earth metals could be a stumbling block that may not have been considered.

Yes there are plenty of the stuff in the world, but the processing into usable product is polluting and near non-existing outside China. To start up again large scale production in the US could take years and to “force” other countries to do so may not be so easy, regardless of military might.