Trump as Captain?

[QUOTE=Capt. Phoenix;191855]Ban contributions to the candidate themselves. This gives the candidates no money to embezzle and gives donors no way to legally bribe politicians. Since PACs are supposed to be separate from the campaign the candidates wouldn’t know who’s donating to provide false in return.[/QUOTE]

According to the Washington Post, as of September 30, Donald Trump had raised 712.1 million and Hillary Clinton had raised 1.1 BILLION!

and TRUMP is the captain of the Pirate ship.

[QUOTE=Lee Shore;191858]According to the Washington Post, as of September 30, Donald Trump had raised 712.1 million and Hillary Clinton had raised 1.1 BILLION![/QUOTE]

There should be LAW against this!!!

[QUOTE=ombugge;192069]There should be LAW against this!!![/QUOTE]

Ombugge,
You just don’t understand the American dream, do you? That $1.7 billion you are complaining about is the best social welfare system ever devised.

In America every parent hopes their children will grow up and make more money than they did. Immigrants coming to this country clean toilets and flip burgers, scrimping and saving so their children can become lathe operators and school teachers, so they can buy a bigger house, get a little something extra. The lathe operators and school teachers scrimp and save so their children can become lawyers and doctors, so they don’t have to worry over bills, and can retire comfortably. Trouble is, you can’t get much higher than doctor or lawyer, so we’ve developed jobs like “political adviser”,” pundit”, “media mogul”, and “paid consultant, to keep alive the American dream of always escalating lifestyles.

Those “political advisers”,” pundits”, and “paid consultants” only make hay one year out of four. That’s what makes the $1.7 billion seem so big. It’s really only a measly $425 million per annum—cigarette money for Wall Street—divided among literally dozens of otherwise unemployed Chip Jr’s and Portias, spread among this great country of ours (and Russia). That $425 mil per year represents a social welfare project ensuring the otherwise idle sons and daughters of the upper class will make more money than their parents, and work less. If they didn’t, social unrest would tear apart the country clubs and Ivy league colleges of this great country of ours. Ever see a Bryn Mar debutante hold her breath and sulk? It’s not pretty! Society would collapse! The parents of the highly-educated-otherwise-unemployables would be marching around with pitchforks and torches, throwing brie and Courvoisier molotov cocktails at the police (actually they would hire illegals to do it, but you get the idea…)

You Europeans are all-about social welfare. Taxes, taxes, taxes! Yet your backwards strategy is to take from the rich and give to everyone. We keep taxes low. With our highly efficient political fundraising system we take from corporations and the poor and give to the—hey did you see that naked lady go by?!—So you see, our system is just plain better…

Wow - Freighterman. That was quite articulate.

//youtu.be/8d8h1lbzoHY

O captain! my captain!

may the end of our long national nightmare finally be at hand…

soon no longer will we be forced to endure yet more poisonous and toxic discharge from that great gaping anus shaped hole located below Trump’s nose

Yes it would be nice for indictments to be handed down for Killary with about a dozen RICO predicates.

WHEN WILL IT END!!! Or at least get off the world news.
You are welcome to keep on the squabbling between yourself, just let us foreigners be in peace.
I just wonder, who will be running in 2020 anyhow???

isn’t Kanye running???

This did not happen in Singapore, but a Malay Singaporean mediator solved a problem between an American and some Chinese tourists: http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singaporean-woman-uses-multilingual-skills-to-resolve-misunderstanding-between-american
Thanks heaven for multiculturalism and multi-lingualism in Singapore.

Well, well, well…

God help us!!!

[QUOTE=c.captain;192250]O captain! my captain!

may the end of our long national nightmare finally be at hand…

soon no longer will we be forced to endure yet more poisonous and toxic discharge from that great gaping anus shaped hole[/QUOTE]

in that lying Hillary bitch’s FACE.

bwahahahahahaha

:slight_smile:

well you all got your new captain who has never commanded a ship of state before…only time will tell whether that ship will go hard aground or capsize before his time at the helm ends. I for one have no belief whatsoever that this can end well for the nation but we shall now see

all I can is that I believe the great national nightmare I had so very much wanted to think was at an end is now only at a beginning and many horrors lie ahead. I was certainly wrong to have believed without any question we would have a different outcome to this election and my sadness and anxiety at this news is profound. I really and truly believe this election is a tragedy for the US close to having committed a form of national suicide, but again we can only wait and see if that occurs? Maybe our industry might benefit but we also will need to wait and see if the new president does anything to help?

luckily for me, my assets are moveable to a place where I can watch this tragedy from across a border and this morning I will seriously commence exploring relocating DAUNTLESS to British Columbia for the next four years even if I have to reflag her to do so. I have worked in BC before with all Canadians and did enjoy the culture. In many ways they got things right where we got them terribly wrong. Like many this morning, I pray that they allow foreign nationals to enter provided they have assets to bring with them. I know there will be many with more assets than I so I hope they don’t up the ante to get in?

you’ll likely be hearing less from me here because now all these matters maritime seem so painfully small when compared to what is real and important although I will continue to post updates on the progress with DAUNTLESS periodically.

I hope you have enough space on the Dauntless for all the smarmy celebrities and limousine liberals who said they were going to leave if the Trumpster won. Oh never mind, they were lying like their crooked leader who will now go from dreaming of untold riches to a jail cell.

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;192273]bwahahahahahaha[/QUOTE]

go ahead and gloat, you’ve earned it

but I will say to you “They that sow the wind, shall reap the whirlwind”

maybe it may not come to pass but now today, the POSSIBILITY of it coming to pass exists which did not exist before. The box filled with disease and plague is now opened and I hope you are happy

Maybe Norway (and the rest of Europe) will have to pay to defend themselves. Priceless.

And we thought Shrub and Ronnie Raygun were about as bad as it could get …

Either the military will be partying like there is no tomorrow (which might well be the case with Trump’s finger on the button) or we will join the long list of nations that enjoyed a military coup because the Supreme Leader threatened their rice bowls or went off the deep end.

In any case once again, what the people voted for they did not get and a dangerous whackjob is at the helm. Welcome back to the 1930s.

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=c.captain;192277]go ahead and gloat, you’ve earned it[/QUOTE]

The old saying “Be careful what you ask for” comes to mind.

I heard that Cape Breton is giving away land to immigrants. Just like in the good ol’ days.