Thoughts and concerns of the new Regimental Administrators at SUNY Maritime

[QUOTE=Jetryder223;106832]Well, since I am a guest here on the SUNY Maritime category, I’ll let you continue to believe that.

Every company has it’s favorite schools and I’m sure the ones interviewing SUNY grads - like SUNY grads. Same for every other academy.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely correct. No academy has earned the right to be so self-centered. Some academies are better than others, as demonstrated earlier in this thread, but the employment opportunities are more or less the same. Companies go back to one academy or another because of a personal preference but to suggest that one academy is an industry-wide favorite is sheer non-sensical hubris.

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;106834]sheer non-sensical hubris.[/QUOTE]

I like that phrase - I think i’ll steal it.

I just noticed my reponse was to a first time poster. He has a way to go before he earns much credibility here.

Well for cryin’ out loud Jet! You owe me several beers or shots, whatever you’re in the mood for. You already stole my description of what the modern merchant mariner should look like for your own bio on your profile. Something about manilla line chewing, fire pissing, etc… I think I said it in the navy vs. merchant marine thread.

Next you’ll ask me to think up all your pick up lines for you at the bar too! Where are you sailing this summer? Maybe we’ll into each other at a whore house in some god forsaken port somewhere and we’ll see about those beers…

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;106838]Well for cryin’ out loud Jet! You owe me several beers or shots, whatever you’re in the mood for. You already stole my description of what the modern merchant mariner should look like for your own bio on your profile. Something about manilla line chewing, fire pissing, etc… I think I said it in the navy vs. merchant marine thread.

Next you’ll ask me to think up all your pick up lines for you at the bar too! …[/QUOTE]

What can I say? You are a cunning linguist.

That’s what the ladies tell me. I learned everything I know from S-n-G and C.C.

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;106844]That’s what the ladies tell me. I learned everything I know from S-n-G and C.C.[/QUOTE]

Nice to get one’s prowess recognized by a fellow. Picking up ladies in bars is easy lad…gotta have a great line of bullshit and it helps if you spray a little WD-40 behind each ear and on your neck…

now as far as S-n-G’s prowess goes, I have no clue how he manages to get all them dames smoking those burning turds as he does…must be the character of broad which hang out in them biker bars in Victor! They don’t care what they jump in the sack with or what they might smell like!

[QUOTE=c.captain;106848]Nice to get one’s prowess recognized by a fellow. Picking up ladies in bars is easy lad…gotta have a great line of bullshit and it helps if you spray a little WD-40 behind each ear and on your neck…

now as far as S-n-G’s prowess goes, I have no clue how he manages to get all them dames smoking those burning turds as he does…must be the character of broad which hang out in them biker bars in Victor! They don’t care what they jump in the sack with or what they might smell like![/QUOTE]

If you were the lecherous bunch that taught us youngsters what to say then Mama Cats must have been the one who taught us what NOT to say.

Wait a second? Mama Cats or Mama Cass? I get confused sometimes…

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;106834]Absolutely correct. No academy has earned the right to be so self-centered. Some academies are better than others, as demonstrated earlier in this thread, but the employment opportunities are more or less the same. Companies go back to one academy or another because of a personal preference but to suggest that one academy is an industry-wide favorite is sheer non-sensical hubris.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%.

The ship I’m currently on has a diverse bunch of officers; the only schools NOT represented onboard are GLMA and Texas. That said, they’re a terrific bunch, and we depend on each other daily to get a very stressful and dangerous job done safely. Any shortcomings are not the result of where we were educated, rather, they are the result of inexperience or varying personalities.

I support pride in ones school, and I have a tremendous amount of pride being a Ft. Schuyler graduate, but it’s personal and not something I use to measure myself against my peers.

Where I outright laugh at this thread making it impossible to take the rest of it seriously are gems like this:

What cadet Ll_Domer has just complained about is a privilege, now denied, to get drunk when he feels like it - on cruise! Let me tell you something Ll_Domer, in the real world you will soon join (assuming you don’t get the boot from school for being a looser) people don’t get two strikes. The first time you fail that breathalyzer or random piss test you’re DONE.

What they should do at all academies is have a one strike policy to weed out those who can’t follow a rule or are too stupid to defeat it.

No its not when they feel like it, its when in port and on lib. One minute academy grads are useless mates when they graduate and the next they should walk the straight and narrow while in school and act like seasoned masters…

There’s a difference between being stumbling drunk and having a few beers while in port. The random blowing is to try and catch the cadets who have had a couple of drinks but still can handle their business and not cause any trouble while on the vessel. Why try and cause grief for these guys?

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;106851]Wait a second? Mama Cats or Mama Cass? I get confused sometimes…[/QUOTE]

and no one’s getting fat cept Mama Cass (or Cats)

how bout this for THE most boring EweToob video in the entire history of mankind!

//youtu.be/JIYntRNTS1Q

oh man! they stole my Creedence tapes!

[QUOTE=c.captain;106867]and no one’s getting fat cept Mama Cass (or Cats)[/QUOTE]

Mama Cats! C.Captain started the fat jokes, not me! Please don’t ground me!

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;106871]Mama Cats! C.Captain started the fat jokes, not me! Please don’t ground me![/QUOTE]

OH MAN! This great thread just can’t be allowed to wither and shrivel up. Gotta pump some life back into it.

Any new news from within the compound there under the Throg’s Neck Bridge? Any additional personal liberties rescinded without explanation? Any new forms of forcing compliance with the mandates of an arbitrary and capricious regimental system imposed by diktat from the omnipresent all seeing overlords? Concertina wire and minefields now in place? Any bodies found floating in the basin overnight?

Pray tell us unwashed masses the horrors which lie within!

[QUOTE=c.captain;106957]OH MAN! This great thread just can’t be allowed to wither and shrivel up. Gotta pump some like back into it.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they have some office space to rent. I hear there is a dedicated bunch of maritime supporters looking for a place to set up shop.

[QUOTE=“c.captain;106957”]

OH MAN! This great thread just can’t be allowed to wither and shrivel up. Gotta pump some like back into it.

Any new news from within the compound there under the Throg’s Neck Bridge? Any new personal liberties rescinded without explanation? Any new forms of forcing compliance with the mandates of the Regimental system imposed? Any bodies found floating in the basin overnight?[/QUOTE]

Nope but somebody jumped off the bridge today.

[QUOTE=flyboy14295;106962]Nope but somebody jumped off the bridge today.[/QUOTE]

A student or some wayward stock broker who lost his way leaving Manhattan?

[QUOTE=“Steamer;106960”]

Maybe they have some office space to rent. I hear there is a dedicated bunch of maritime supporters looking for a place to set up shop.[/QUOTE]

News travels quickly, you must be talking about the latest controversy at the other maritime academy in NY.

Good luck with that, our administration kicked the Fort Schuyler Alumni Assc off campus about a decade ago and they still haven’t resolved it.

[QUOTE=flyboy14295;106962]Nope but somebody jumped off the bridge today.[/QUOTE]

jumped or PUSHED?

This thread has been quite the eye opener for a lot of people who were unfamiliar with what has been going on at Fort Schuyler in the past year. I am very pleased to see people are speaking their minds openly. I can tell you people are talking and there are plenty more stories you all would be disgusted to read. The problem is if we tell you our stories that we will be identified on who we are and we do not know what the consequences will be.

I can tell you today after speaking with a bunch of women in the faculty and staff that currently with graduation right around the corner Captain Hanft has been playing her game with the soon to be graduates. In order to graduate you have to get a paper signed by a bunch of people in the administration that you have completed everything required of you. When it comes to the regiment, students have to get the Commandants signature that you are in Regimental good standing. Captain Smith is the Commandant but with Cruise right around the corner he is a very busy man and is not always available to be the one to sign you off as in regimental good standing. I was told that Captain Hanft is making up her own rules that are not in the Student Handbook and that we should all be aware that it is important to record conversations with her in order to make sure your not screwed over. I was also informed to sign NOTHING that is not in your benefit. She will use whatever she can against you to insure that your process of getting out of Fort Schuyler is not smooth.

Let us all pray that Captain Smith does not loose his post as the Commandant. If that were to happen and she gains complete control of the Regiment I can guarantee there will be dozens of Cadets who will be kicked out after spending 50-75k and left with nothing to show. She has no soul. She has no family of her own and does not know the feeling of what it is like to see your child suffer after years of hardwork to be taken from them. She needs to learn that we are paying customers and that by giving us the harshest penalties possible for things that used to be overlooked is causing extreme pain and suffering for students and family.

I would like to finish my post just by saying Captain Smith is the only legitimate person left in the regiment. Everyone at the school has the utmost respect for this man and nothing that I have read about Hanft has any relation to him. He is a teacher as well as a Commandant, which is exactly what is needed for someone in that position. He taught me more in 2 minutes on the bridge that I have learned by most teachers in their full semester of classes. We need to make sure he stays here or else this place is done for.