Currently looking for

EXPERIENCED

PORT CAPTAIN

PORT ENGINEER
must have

experience in marine

management. Please

Call 985-223-5182.

https://seacorholdings.tms.hrdepartment.com/jobs/611/Offshore-Tug-Mate-Port-Everglades-FL

Ocean Peace Inc.

Oiler position

-This is a catcher processor operating in the bearing sea 10+ months out of the year.
-Rotation is typically 60 days however it can range from 50 to 70 days.
-Pay is based on crew shares, you get a precentage of the fish caught.
-Annual income is >80K

-Must posses some engineering skills. Previous fishing vessel experience preferred but not required.

• Aside from your basic propulsion, power generation and distribution you will be working with a large hydraulic system, large R-22 refrigeration plant, Desalination plant, MSD system and some basic electrical repairs.
  • Welding skills a plus
    -Must be motivated and a self starter
  • All equipment onboard is maintained,repaired and rebuilt by the engineer’s onboard. Boat has a 2 month ship yard period in Seattle Wa.

oceanpeaceinc.com

If interested PM me.

I interviewed for an Ocean Peace job, they sent me a contract that states they can terminate you without cause, reduce your pay by 50%, charge you $20/day room and board, and if you haven’t been onboard for over 65 days…you can be left to pay for your own ticket from Dutch Harbor or wherever the boat happens to be.
…I declined the offer.,

[QUOTE=captjamied;118943]I interviewed for an Ocean Peace job, they sent me a contract that states they can terminate you without cause, reduce your pay by 50%, charge you $20/day room and board, and if you haven’t been onboard for over 65 days…you can be left to pay for your own ticket from Dutch Harbor or wherever the boat happens to be.
…I declined the offer.,[/QUOTE]
“you get a percentage of the fish caught”. is that percentage total weight caught or net weight processed? and is the percentage based on value of the catch sold raw, and at the grounds price (nearest plant)?, or processed and sold wholesale? domestic? foreign?, this should be clarified with the company and written into anyone’s contract if it isn’t. i am willing to guess the companies are banking on paying the least value, that’s why it is offered and most new employees are not going to know the difference.

[QUOTE=captjamied;118943]I interviewed for an Ocean Peace job, they sent me a contract that states they can terminate you without cause, reduce your pay by 50%, charge you $20/day room and board, and if you haven’t been onboard for over 65 days…you can be left to pay for your own ticket from Dutch Harbor or wherever the boat happens to be.
…I declined the offer.,[/QUOTE]

Good move…OCEAN PEACE is owned by the Unification Church which you might recall was started by the late Rev Sun Yung Moon (that’s right, the Moonies). They have always been a slimy bunch and best avoided at near any cost…almost as bad as FCOA!

I don’t know anything about all that “church” business, I’d like to know where you got that info from because I checked out their website pretty thoroughly and recall no such reference…
The “Crewshare” was based on 24% of the catch “…less daily rate crew compensation…” Which basically means the boat gets 76%. Not terribly bad considering they pay for fuel… AND food IF you stay longer than 65 days…
But when I asked how many daily rate crewmen there are I was told there was only one. I’m going to assume that if that is indeed the case it would probably be the ChEng making around $500/day…
They wouldn’t say how many crewshares were in the pool or how many I would get… so I ran as fast as j could.
The BEST part was they sent me an email saying they were an “honest company with a good reputation”, of that is true, then why such a lopsided contract? They had the nerve to tell me it was “an industry standard contract” …15 years commercial fishing I have NEVER seem a worse contract for a crewman.

You are correct Ocean Peace is owned by the moonies. You wouldn’t know it working here. I have never worked for FCA but know the boats well and Ocean Peace Inc. is nothing like FCA. 5 years ago Ocean Peace Inc. came under new management and since then they have poured money into their boats.

The contract does look scary I know. It is mainly for the factory guys and new hires. All that pay cut room and board stuff is for the people that quit in the middle of their contract. The officers come and go as they wish and pretty much make up their own rotation. The only crew member that is case rate is the purser. The chief is on a crew share but if you were to divide annual gross by days at sea the chief pay is around $1300 a day.

I worked for the biggest companies in Alaska and on the biggest and best pollock factory trawlers and have no regrets making the move to Ocean peace.

http://mh2074.maxhire.net/cp/?E85469361D43515B7D511D2D77551F6903627C4F&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Bosun/Fishing Mate

Category : Bosun

Location/City : Fl - Pembroke Pines

Job Type : Permanent

Date Created : 09/10/2013

Bosun/Fishing Mate is required for a +160’ private yacht.

Requirements:
Must have Yachtmaster Offshore
Must have extensive fishing experience – you must be able to run the deck and rigging all the gear
Large center console(39’) tender driving experience a plus
Must have B1/B2 US visa and ENG 1, Seamans book

Salary: +/-$3500, DOE and will be discussed with the Captain

30 days paid vacation plus flight home.

Cruising: Winters South Florida and Bahamas, summers typically New York, New England area, possibly the Med next year.

Second Mate
Classification: Marine Deck 5
Employment Type
Definition Staff
Exempt or non-exempt?
Definition Exempt
Assignment Type Full-time
Does this job require E-Verify due to the labor costs being funded by a Federal contract?

E-Verify FAQ Does Not Require E-Verify
If part time, list hours per week
Job Duration (if temp or term) 06-30-2014
Posting Number: 0067382
Position number (PCN): 452710
Job Open Date 08-23-2013
Review Date
To ensure consideration, please apply prior to the review date. 09-14-2013
Job Close Date
Jobs close at 5:00 PM Alaska time on the date listed. Open Until Filled
Months per Year 12
Job Location Seward_25
Department

Legend
*W = Statewide
*A = UAA
*F = UAF
*G = UAFGI
*S = UAS
F-SFOS Seward Marine Center
Assignment Information Term Funded
Major Org Unit University of Alaska Fairbanks
Region SouthCentral
Job Type Research
Science
Internal Applicants Only?

Click here for a definition of Internal Applicants No
Salary Grade
Salary Schedule 00_79
Salary $27.14 hr
Bookmark to Job Posting www.uakjobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=82230
HR Phone Number University of Alaska Fairbanks - (907) 474-7700
HR E-mail Address University of Alaska Fairbanks - uaf-jobs@alaska.edu

Job Posting Information

Job Posting Summary Reporting to the Master, the Second Mate is a deck watch officer aboard SIKULIAQ at sea and in port in the Deck Department and assists the Master and Chief Mate with duties; designated the ship’s navigation officer; maintains all navigation, GMDSS weather, equipment, publications, charts, flags, inventories, and prepares information for the bridge. Plots voyage tracks for Master’s approval.

The 261’ global class, ice-capable research vessel SIKULIAQ will have a crew of 20 (7 deck, 8 engineer, 3 steward, 2 shipboard science system technicians). SIKULIAQ full load displacement of 3665 LT’s, operates by a diesel electric propulsion system, utilizes an integrated power plant concept, providing 5750hp of propulsion power through frequency drives and a/c main motors to two fully azimuthing z-drives. The R/V SIKULIAQ is operated by the University of Alaska Fairbanks Seward Marine Center with a home port in Seward, Alaska. It is owned by the National Science Foundation (NSF) and is a member of the University-National Oceanographic Laboratory System (UNOLS) fleet. The Seward Marine Center (SMC) campus is a 13 acre field station under the School of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences on the waterfront of Resurrection Bay (www.Seward.com).

Qualified applicants must possess a valid USCG MMC/MMD with 2nd Mate Unlimited Oceans license, IMO Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW) for Seafarers (STCW95) (A-II/1) (BST/RFPNW), Vessel Security Officer, FCC License and GMDSS Operator, Radar Observer Certificate Unlimited, TWIC card, US Passport and valid driver’s license.

To apply, please go to https://uakjobs.com - this link directs applicant how to create a user name/password and to complete a UA application form. Each applicant must submit the following documents to be considered for the position: a) UA application, b) resume, c) three professional work references with complete contact information, d) copy of USCG MMC, e) copy of TWIC card, f) a valid STCW95 certificate, g) copy of valid state driver’s license, i) copy of US passport.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position. Advanced knowledge of vessel operations and equipment. Advanced knowledge and application of navigational equipment, charts, and publications. Ability to assess bridge electronics and alarms systems are working properly. Advanced skill in utilizing electronic, pilotage, and dead reckoning techniques of navigation. Must possess computer literacy in the use of word-processing, inventory management, and electronic mail programs. Good personnel management skills. Ability to train personnel in operational and safety procedures. Strong written, verbal communication, and problem solving skills. Ability to work with a diverse group of people including scientists, ship’s crew, and technicians.
Typical education or training required for this position (including licenses). Bachelor’s degree from an accredited maritime academy with two years sea duty as a deck officer, or in the absence of a formal degree, equivalent combination of progressively responsible training and experience. Professional license commensurate with the appropriate level (U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner’s document with 2nd Mate (steam or motor vessels) of any gross tone (unlimited) upon oceans or higher, IMO-SOLAS, Officer-in-charge of Navigational Watch, Radar Observer Unlimited). Vessel Security Officer, STCW, OICNW, GMDSS, ARPA, BRM, Lifeboat, HAZWOPER, Able-bodied Seaman Unlimited, advanced marine firefighting, First aid and CPR certification. Federal Communications Commission GMDSS radio operator’s license/certificate
Length of time and type of experience required for this position. USCG license endorsed as: Second Mate (steam or motor vessels of any gross tons upon oceans) or higher, and Radar Observer Unlimited. Vessel Security Officer, STCW certificate endorsed as: Officer-In-Charge of a navigation watch, or Chief Mate, or Master; STCW may not include limitations of validity on vessels operating in the Global Maritime Distress & Safety System (GMDSS), or aboard ARPA or radar-equipped vessels. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) GMDSS radio operator’s license/certificate. Experience with and practice of good safety procedures.
Preferred knowledge, skills or abilities for this position. Appreciation of the mission.
Special Instructions to Applicants Each applicant must submit the following documents to be considered for the position: a) cover letter, b) resume, c) three professional work references with complete contact information, d) copy of USCG MMC, e) copy of TWIC card, f) a valid STCW95 certificate, g) copy of valid state driver’s license, h) copy of US passport.
If you have any problems completing the required input of documents into this recruitment, please contact UAF-HR at 907-474-7700.
Special Conditions of Employment
Describe any other special skills/knowledge required for this position (e.g. additional training, heavy lifting or traveling). U.S. Coast Guard’s Navigation and Vessel Inspection Circular (NVIC) 04-08 requires mariners demonstrate agility, balance and physical fitness needed to work on board a vessel by successfully completing 13 different performance tests. Performing rounds and working in an active sea, work aloft, climb up and down steep and vertical ladders and enter and exit compartments through hatches, doors and sills up to two feet high. Participate in emergency drills and in launching boats and life rafts. Perform physical labor, climb and handle weights and equipment over 50 lbs. Perform rounds at sea. Ability to work with others in close quarters under arduous weather conditions. Able to work a twelve-hour shift at sea.
Information Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: The University of Alaska is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and educational institution. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Applicants needing reasonable accommodation to participate in the application and screening process should contact the local Human Resources office.

Public Disclosure: Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.

Background Investigation: Finalists may be subject to a background investigation. Any offer of employment is contingent upon a review of the results of the background investigation by the Human Resources office.

Immigration Reform and Control Act: Person(s) hired by the University of Alaska must comply with the provisions of the Federal Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. All employees must provide proof of eligibility to work. For foreign nationals requesting employer sponsored visas, a job must qualify as a “specialty occupation” to be eligible for sponsorship of a U.S. H 1B visa petition. You must present your Social Security Card as verification of your Social Security Number. If you do not have a social security number, you must present a receipt from the Social Security Administrations stating you have applied for a social security number within 10 days of your employment with the University of Alaska.

Social Security: On January 1, 1982, the University opted out of the Social Security system; however, participation in Social Security is still required for adjunct faculty hired after January 1, 1996, temporary staff, extended temporary staff, and certain student employees. Also, benefit-eligible employees hired after April 1, 1986, are required to pay into Medicare even though they do not participate in Social Security.

Benefits: Refer to the Benefits web page at http://www.alaska.edu/benefits for more information on benefits available to University of Alaska employees.

E-Verify: The University of Alaska participates in the E-Verify program for federal contracts only. For our FAQ and F1 student information please see the following:

E-Verify FAQ: http://www.alaska.edu/hr/procedures/PDF/personnel.reference.everify_faq.pdf
E-Verify Participation Poster (English):
https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf
E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish):
https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterSpanish.pdf
Right to Work Poster (English):
https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/WebBPPOSTERRtoWEnglishversion.pdf
Right to Work Poster (Spanish):
https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/WebBPPOSTERRtoWSpanishversion.pdf

Job Duties

2 Records

Duty:

Bridge Operations
Normally stands 8 hours of navigational bridge watch, continuously monitoring the vessel’s position, plotting ship’s position, using and following chart plots, tracking ship’s movement using GPS, radar, celestial or terrestrial fixes, navigational aids; ; maintain logs and other records tracking the ships movements; supervises qualified and alert lookouts during watch at sea to ensure a properly maintained and efficient watch; checks to the helm steers correct courses, maneuvers ship, monitors communication and operational safety, under Master’s supervision, transits and facilitates and supports the efficient scientific operations of each voyage. Ensure that the proper procedures and safety practices are followed, check that bridge and navigation related machinery and equipment are in good working order.

Navigation and duties assigned
Maintains all navigational equipment, publications, and charts. Maintains accurate navigational chart inventories and publication supply inventories and recommends orders. As Navigator, responsible for updating and correcting charts and publications, passage plans, science cruise plan entry of mission stations into Electronic Chart Display Information System (ECDIS). Ensures that all standard navigation day’s work is performed by all watches and that operational checklists are maintained. Plots voyage tracks for the Master’s approval using up-to-date Sailing Directions, Coast Pilot, Light List, Tide and Current Tables. Ensures all required flags are aboard in good condition. Weather Officer: Responsible for gathering weather information, general maintenance of all weather related equipment assigned and adequate supplies are on board at all times. Review consumables, track service to prevent unnecessary duplication. Responsible for radio and GMDSS (Global Maritime Distress and Safety System) radio. Routine inspections of bridge and navigation related machinery and equipment. Ensures bridge electronics, alarms systems and lights are in good working order; provides training to all watch personnel on the bridge in safe navigational practices and in the proper use of navigational equipment to include deck alarm systems, fixed fire, smoke, flooding systems, security rounds and systems, and gangway watch procedures. Ability to operate small boats. Assists the deck when tying up the vessel. Actively serve in duties as defined by the Master, as part of ship’s safety management and emergency preparedness. Actively participate in all emergency drills and situations and performs other duties as assigned. Member of firefighting and emergency response teams. Perform other related duties as required. Prepares and maintains turnover notes for reliefs. Perform and assist with other related duties as required or directed.

• Updated - - -

Third Mate
Classification: Marine Deck 4
Employment Type
Definition Staff
Exempt or non-exempt?
Definition Non-exempt
Assignment Type Full-time
Does this job require E-Verify due to the labor costs being funded by a Federal contract?

E-Verify FAQ Does Not Require E-Verify
If part time, list hours per week
Job Duration (if temp or term) 06-30-2014
Posting Number: 0067385
Position number (PCN): 452724
Job Open Date 08-23-2013
Review Date
To ensure consideration, please apply prior to the review date. 09-14-2013
Job Close Date
Jobs close at 5:00 PM Alaska time on the date listed. Open Until Filled
Months per Year 12
Job Location Seward_25
Department

Legend
*W = Statewide
*A = UAA
*F = UAF
*G = UAFGI
*S = UAS
F-SFOS Seward Marine Center
Assignment Information Term Funded
Major Org Unit University of Alaska Fairbanks
Region SouthCentral
Job Type Research
Science
Internal Applicants Only?

Click here for a definition of Internal Applicants No
Salary Grade
Salary Schedule 00_78
Salary $22.69 hr
Bookmark to Job Posting www.uakjobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=82233
HR Phone Number University of Alaska Fairbanks - (907) 474-7700
HR E-mail Address University of Alaska Fairbanks - uaf-jobs@alaska.edu

Second Mate
Tracking Code
158-682
Job Description
Assist the Master with the management and safe operation of the vessel in a fashion that exceeds the highest standards within the industry. Consider guest and team member safety a prime responsibility to be safeguarded at all times.

Essential Functions – The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Assist Master in navigation and control of vessel.
Manage and operate vessel within legal requirements of USCG, FCC, IMO-HSC and other pertinent regulatory agencies.
Compile, review and maintain official vessel logs and other necessary reports and forms.
Monitor safety issues on vessel and correct problems under the direction of the Master or Chief Mate.
Assist Master in the establishment of a safety “culture” and take corrective action as situations may require.
Take a lead role in the training of crewmembers.
Organize and participate in drills with crewmembers as directed by the Master or Chief Mate.
Assure the proper recordation of all drill activities.
Schedule and perform Safety audits as mandated by company policy and as circumstances require.
Take a lead role in maintaining and updating charts and publications.
Ensure that the performance and behavior of Deck Department Team Members meets legal and professional requirements.
Participate in the development of task prioritization and capital projects in consultation with Master or Chief Mate.
Participate in Marine Department meetings as required by Master or Project Manager.
Record all deck maintenance records into SAMMs (Automatic maintenance program)
Stand U/W watches
Assist with all aspects of bridge operations
Ensure all navigational publications are maintained
Assist with planning of all U/W operations (as directed)
Reports directly to the chief mate
The position is NON-ROTATIONAL. We have no backups for any positions onboard. Normal working hours while pier side:

Monday-Friday 0700-1600hrs
One night watch every 13-15 days
Weekends off, unless on project
Federal holidays off unless on project

While U/W the mate is required to sail with the vessel for the duration of the U/W period. This may last several days up to several weeks.
Required Skills
5 Years experience as Second Mate demonstrating the ability to handle increasing levels of responsibility.
Computer literacy in Microsoft office software.
Specific training and experience in management of major on-board systems by type and brand.
Excellent career record in the marine industry.
Possess and demonstrate superior mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, electronic and other skills exercised in engineering management of a large motor vessel.
Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
Logically and independently plan, organize, and complete work assignments.
Demonstrate well-developed inter-personal skills.
Set and achieve high standards of performance.
Demonstrate initiative and be able to make progress on multiple assignments under time constraints.
Possess excellent analytical, problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
Submit to and pass alcohol and drug tests as mandated by the USCG including but not limited to pre-employment, random, post-accident testing
Maintain compliance with USCG licensing requirements including physical standards
Required Experience
Education/ Certifications:

High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
Second Mate USCG License
Military Security Clearance or ability to obtain

EEO/ AAP
Job Location
Panama City, Florida, United States
Position Type
Full-Time/Regular

https://hmsgm-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=158&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992273&company_id=16682&version=2&byBusinessUnit=NULL&bycountry=0&bystate=0&byRegion=&bylocation=&keywords=&byCat=36328&proximityCountry=&postalCode=&radiusDistance=&isKilometers=&tosearch=yes

• Updated - - -

[B]Third Mate, Chevron[/B]

[B]Type[/B]
Permanent
[B]Location[/B]
USA
[B]Region[/B]

[B]Town[/B]

[B]Required Residency[/B]

[B]Posted By[/B]
Northern Marine Management Limited
[B]Date Posted[/B]
9 Sept 2013
[B]Expiry Date[/B]
23 Sept 2013
[B]Job Reference[/B]

[B]Job Description[/B]
The candidate in question should be competent in following aspects;
• Understands cargo, ballast and COW systems and layout by tracing pipelines and can line up for various operations under the supervision and guidance of the chief mate.
• Able to use and direct others in the correct usage of firefighting and lifesaving equipment and systems.
• Has a working knowledge of USCG and international regulations such as MARPOL, SOLAS, and ISGOTT as they affect the functions of this rank.
• Understands cargo, ballast and COW systems and layout by tracing pipelines and can line up for various operations under the supervision and guidance of the chief mate.
[B]Required Skills/Experience:[/B]
-holds OOW CoC with Oil endorsement.
-minimum 2 trips in 3/O rank on Aframax/Suezmax/VLCC vessels.
-in possession of USA C1/D visa.
-all documents and certificate in date with at least 6 months validity

https://www.oilandgasjobsearch.com/Oil-and-Gas-Jobs/Technical-Superintendent-Jobs/Third-Officer-Oil-Tanker/Details/830520?utm_source=Indeed_USA&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Indeed_USA

3rd Unlimited-PIC here, can someone with knowledge post a list of some Tanker companies besides OSG, Seabulk, and Crowley. Been on the job search for a while now, trying to find some stones i haven’t tried to turn over yet

Deckhand Trainee-River Ops Job In Convent Louisiana

Show me jobs like this one

Employer: Registration is required for viewing this field
Category: Other
Job Type: Permanent
State/Province: Louisiana
City: Convent
Job Description
Responsible for the safe, efficient, reliable, and environmentally compliant, carrying out of assigned duties. Primary function of a Deckhand is to build and break tow., Deckhand will work with other team mates on the vessel and prepare barges for loading and, unloading cargo. Perform planned maintenance on equipment and tools, and perform, regular clean-up work as assigned by supervisor. Must be able to handle lines and rigging during tow building, locking and docking activities

General housekeeping duties; including painting, brushing, and lubricating

Loading and unloading supplies and materials from dock or other vessels

General upkeep of vessel maintenance, which consists of chipping, sanding, painting, cleaning,

changing oil and filters

Splice and repair wire cables and ropes

Perform visual inspections for leaks, damage, and loose rigging

Understand and implement all company safety rules, procedures and policies as stated in the

Employee Handbook, Memorandum Binder, and the RCP manual

Notify supervisor of any potential barge problems

Ensure that all walking or work areas on barges are free of cargo spillage or any kind of debris

Inspect all rigging, ratchets and deck winches to ensure that they are all in good working order

Ensure that all rigging is laid to AEP standards

Perform all other duties as required

Minimum Requirements
A. Educational Requirements:

High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience, along with holding a current valid driver s license.

B. Experience Requirements:

Entry level position. Typically requires 1 trip before a Trainee can qualify as a Deckhand. Must have the physical capability and motivation to perform any and all duties required. Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position as well as the ability to work safely and effectively as a supervisor and team member. Must be polite, respectful and fair in all contacts. Must have the ability to concentrate fully on each assigned task in order to perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
Post Date: 09/26/2013

http://www.powerplantpro.com/career/63024/Power-Energy-Deckhand-Trainee-River-Ops-Convent;jsessionid=7D55ECD1CD3BD45EDDCAE74E3A110F9D.node03

• Updated - - -

Job Summary
Company
arrow launch service
Industries
Travel, Transportation and Tourism
Job Type
Full Time
Employee
Years of Experience
2+​ to 5 Years
Education Level
High School or equivalent
Career Level
Experienced (Non-Manager)
Salary

Training wage begins at $20.​60 with increases from $28.​60 to $31.​47 depending on experience and skill level
Boat Operator
About the Job
Arrow Launch Service in the Puget Sound area is looking for experienced Boat Operators (USCG 100 GT license) to service deep water vessels at anchor and underway. This is a full-time position for an energetic individual who is mechanically inclined and can demonstrate strong twin screw boat handling skills.

Our equipment consists of eleven Aluminum & Steel Hull workboats 45’ to 65’ with the majority are twin screws and two single. We currently have openings in Anacortes and Port Angeles, Washington. The ideal applicant should live within 20 to 30 minutes from our ports. Salary commensurate with experience position includes a full benefit package.

Please send resume to: Human Resource Manager via email at mike@arrowmarinegroup.com. (310) 457 9617 ex 138

http://jobview.monster.com/Boat-Operator-Job-Port-Angeles-WA-US-120631679.aspx?WT.mc_n=Indeed_US&from=indeed

• Updated - - -

Port Engineer
Water Taxi - Fort Lauderdale, FL
The Port Engineer is responsible for planning and executing daily engineering projects on Water Taxi’s fleet of 12-passenger vessels ranging in size from 26 to 65 feet. Supervises activity of other mechanics, parts and contractor procurement, operation, upkeep and repair of all vessels and shore side facilities, to a state of readiness at all times.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

Oversee and maintain systems, including engine machinery spaces, deck, concessions following preventive maintenance program on daily, weekly and monthly basis with the support of the Management
Keep vessel maintenance records, inventory reports
Maintain up to date logs and maintenance program for all equipment
Interior/Exterior upkeep of vessels.
Diesel maintenance and outboards to OEM/oil changes/injectors/fuel pumps/transmissions/assist in engine change outs
Maintain tools, filters and replacement parts.
Required to follow the company safety and pollution prevention policies and procedures
Prepare the vessels for all USCG annual inspections and dry docks
Participate in shore side training as required by the company
Maintain shore side facilities including docks, building, and grounds
Familiar with all company policies, procedures and Emergency Response Activities.
Required to be available after hours when needed
Ability to read, write and converse in the English language
Strong knowledge of diesel propulsion and electricity generation systems, and support systems such as fuel, Air compressors, pumps, hydraulics, concession equipment, plumbing, refrigeration, heating, and air conditioning
Professional demeanor: The Port Engineer will have some passenger contact and must be professional and have the ability to present information and respond to questions.
Perform duties as assigned by management
REQUIREMENTS:

Required to be on-call as scheduled
Minimum 5 years experience marine engineering management
Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Ability to define problem, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Multitask, set priorities and meet deadlines
Valid drivers license

http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Water-Taxi/jobs/Port-Engineer-1a95acf565931f5b

• Updated - - -

Small Watercraft Operator
Tracking Code
AF0926CPORT-SWO
Job Description
SMALL CRAFT OPERATOR / MAINTAINER

Summary: C-Port Marine Services, LLC is presently reviewing resumes and applications for Small Watercraft Operator / Maintainer to support the Marine Corps Amphibious Vehicle Test Branch (AVTB) boat operations, boat maintenance, and requirement(s) in support of the AVTB’s vehicle testing at Camp Pendleton, CA

Essential Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will perform the following responsibilities (at a minimum):

Operate and maintain 27-65 ft. length craft including; diesel, gas, propeller and water jet driven.
Conduct preventative, corrective, predictive maintenance and general repairs or modifications to suit mission requirements of water craft.
Shall have extensive experience, knowledge, and skill with 10 and 11 Meter RHIB’s, operating in close proximity to other craft and waterborne structures at both speeds under one knot and speeds up to 45 knots.
Shall be experienced at supporting military and emergency SCUBA diving operations, to include “live boating” (maintaining water craft stable while divers are in the water under the test vehicle).
Shall be proficient in the operation of radar, Global Positioning Systems (GPS), Night Vision Electro Optics equipment, and pyrotechnical signaling.
Shall have complete understanding of emergency procedures, including communications with civilians and military Search and Rescue personnel, and helo/stokes medical evacuation at sea.
Shall have demonstrated skills in “Over the Horizon Navigation” to support launches from Vessels out to a distance of 50 nautical miles from shore.
Proficient at planning maritime operations and understanding military communications, including planning and execution of said operations.
Act as Water Safety Officer during water testing, helo/medical evacuations, and salvage operations.
Must possess a strong desire to provide excellent customer service solutions and interact with coworkers and clients in a courteous and professional manner.
Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of ten (10) years military experience operating and maintaining high speed water craft; OR
USCG Master’s License with three plus (3+) years of experience.
Prefer candidate with experience in diesel engine repair (Cummins, MTU, etc…), outboard motor repair (Mercury, Johnson, etc…), fiberglass repair, electrical repairs, oil spill response, navigation equipment operation, radar operation, military communications, paint and corrosion control, first aid, CPR, HAZMAT handling, truck and boat trailer operation and fork lift operation.
Must have or be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance.
Must be able to pass pre-employment and routine drug screening as required by Maritime Consortium.
Must have a valid driver’s license.

The Company strives to hire and retain top quality employees because people are the measure of our success. C-Port is recognized for its integrity and the proof is in our employee base. To maintain this level of excellence, all employees are subject to a non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program.

PHYSICAL DEMANDS:

The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is:
Regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, move, manipulate or feel objects; talk and/or hear and taste and/or smell.
Frequently required to stand and/or walk and routinely required to reach with hands and arms.
Routinely required to stand, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or squat.
Frequently lifts and /or moves up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds.
Required Experience
WORK ENVIRONMENT:

The work environment characteristics described here are representative of the minimum standards an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Grooming and dress code will be in keeping with Company and customer’s standards. The work environment varies and includes, but is not limited to; office space, equipment rooms, warehouse space, construction zones, field conditions, and outdoor environments. Work hours may fluctuate outside of normal duty hours. Travel is not anticipated for most positions. If travel is required, candidate must have a valid driver’s license and three (3) years’ clean driving record for this position. Upon hire, employee must complete required driver’s training and follow all Authorized Driver policies and procedures regarding approved vehicle usage.

SAFETY, QUALITY AND COMPLIANCE:

The Company supports and enforces a culture of quality, safety and compliance. Once employed, all employees have the responsibility to consistently deliver quality service and quality performance while developing and maintaining a safe work environment. Each employee must conform to the Company’s policies and procedures and carry out job activities in compliance with the Company’s expectations and the customer’s contract. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-training/buddy assist responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams (as assigned). Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.

EEO:

The Company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin (except where national origin is a bona fide occupational qualification), age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, or genetic information. The Company is committed to the principle that all employees are entitled to equal opportunities in all aspects of employment.

TO APPLY:

The Company prefers individuals to apply online through our website in order to be considered for employment. Choose the “Apply” option below or visit www.bowheadlogistics.com / Careers / Career Information. If you are viewing this posting on a job board, a LINK is provided for your convenience.

LINK:
https://ukpik.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&id=23&jobid=295242&company_id=15697&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=1015989&level=levelid2&levelid2=104018&parent=Bowhead%20Holding%20Company%20-%20UICMM%3B%3B%3BJob%20Postings&startflag=3
Job Location
Oceanside, California, United States
Position Type
Full-Time/Regular
Closing Date
N/A

https://ukpik.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.dspjob&jobid=295242&company_id=15697&version=1&jobBoardId=1112

Port Engineer
Water Taxi - Fort Lauderdale, FL
The Port Engineer is responsible for planning and executing daily engineering projects on Water Taxi’s fleet of 12-passenger vessels ranging in size from 26 to 65 feet. Supervises activity of other mechanics, parts and contractor procurement, operation, upkeep and repair of all vessels and shore side facilities, to a state of readiness at all times.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

Oversee and maintain systems, including engine machinery spaces, deck, concessions following preventive maintenance program on daily, weekly and monthly basis with the support of the Management
Keep vessel maintenance records, inventory reports
Maintain up to date logs and maintenance program for all equipment
Interior/Exterior upkeep of vessels.
Diesel maintenance and outboards to OEM/oil changes/injectors/fuel pumps/transmissions/assist in engine change outs
Maintain tools, filters and replacement parts.
Required to follow the company safety and pollution prevention policies and procedures
Prepare the vessels for all USCG annual inspections and dry docks
Participate in shore side training as required by the company
Maintain shore side facilities including docks, building, and grounds
Familiar with all company policies, procedures and Emergency Response Activities.
Required to be available after hours when needed
Ability to read, write and converse in the English language
Strong knowledge of diesel propulsion and electricity generation systems, and support systems such as fuel, Air compressors, pumps, hydraulics, concession equipment, plumbing, refrigeration, heating, and air conditioning
Professional demeanor: The Port Engineer will have some passenger contact and must be professional and have the ability to present information and respond to questions.
Perform duties as assigned by management
REQUIREMENTS:

Required to be on-call as scheduled
Minimum 5 years experience marine engineering management
Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Ability to define problem, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Multitask, set priorities and meet deadlines
Valid drivers license

http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Water-Taxi/jobs/Port-Engineer-1a95acf565931f5b

https://sjobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/jobdetails.aspx?jobId=1000801&PartnerId=25416&SiteId=5429&type=mail&JobReqLang=1&recordstart=1&JobSiteId=5429&JobSiteInfo=529370_5429&gqid=0&codes=INDEED

Job Title Tankerman - New Orleans, LA
Function Artco
External Job Description
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs. Today, 30,000 ADM employees around the globe convert oilseeds, corn, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, chemical and energy uses. With more than 265 processing plants, 400 crop procurement facilities, and the world’s premier crop transportation network, ADM helps connect the harvest to the home in more than 160 countries. For more information about ADM and its products, visit www.adm.com.
Tankerman - New Orleans, LA
This is a full-time, hourly level position.

Position Summary:
USCG Licensed Tankerman

Physical Requirements:

Must be able to pass respirator screening
Commitment to ADM’s goal of achieving a zero injury culture; understand and follow company safety procedures
Able to meet physical requirements of the position including, but not limited to: prolonged periods of standing and sitting, working in confined spaces and from heights, bending, kneeling, climbing stairs and ladders, working in a variety of conditions (heat, cold, dust, etc), lift up to 55 lbs unassisted
Essential Job Functions:

Follow all USCG regulations and company policies.
Follow all safety rules.
Be able to identify all parts of a tank barge.
Know how to use required PPE.
Able to work overtime and weekends
On call 24/7
Able to travel and tanker barges at outside docks.
Load or offload any ARTCO Tank Barge includes the following tasks:
Pre-transfer inspection
Pre-transfer conference and execution of the declaration of inspection
Connect cargo hoses or loading arms
Line-up cargo system
Start of liquid flow during load/fueling
Start cargo pump and increase discharge pressure during discharge
Monitor flow and tank level
Top off cargo tanks during loading/fueling
Stripping cargo tanks during discharge
Ballasting/de-ballasting
Disconnection of the cargo hoses or loading arms
Securing of cargo system
Perform maintenance on pumps and Engines
Perform maintenance on tankbarges,
Prepare tank Barge for USCG inspection
Technical Proficiencies:

Maintain valid driver’s license
Maintain USCG License

Relocation assistance is not available with this position.

This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.

ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.

ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Vice President- HMS Ferries, Inc.
Tracking Code
165-682
Job Description
HMS Global Maritime currently seeks a qualified, enthusiastic Vice President for the Ferries Division. This key position within the leadership structure of HMS Ferries, Inc. serves second in command to the President & COO. The Vice President position has staff and line duties consisting of various responsibilities:

Staff - Staff management and support of company-wide programs and initiatives with a particular emphasis on Management Systems, Regulatory Compliance, Maritime Training and Contract Compliance. Also, identify and track performance metrics for the Ferries Division. Provide direction and support to site General Managers with regard to Company- wide programs and systems. Attend project / job sites throughout the Company to provide senior advice and direct support as needed. Participate in Company outreach and regulatory relations activities.

Line – Line management and direct supervision of General Managers when the President & COO is unavailable or incapacitated.

ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – the following are essential functions of the position (not all-inclusive).

Top Priorities
Safety First. Be an active advocate of, and participant in, the HMS Safety Culture. Safety shall remain the highest priority at all times.
Consider reliability and efficiency with regard to Company operations.
Remain true to and champion the Company’s Core Values and Code of Conduct.

Management Systems
Continually review, evaluate and prioritize management systems as they exist throughout the Company.
Work to tune and adjust existing systems and to design and incorporate new ones.
Provide particular emphasis on systems that address safety and regulatory issues.
Standardize key systems throughout the Company.
Provide training to various managers and personnel on Company management systems.
Establish methods to share knowledge throughout the Company.

Regulatory Compliance
Senior Company liaison with regard to regulatory issues.
Responsible for development of Company compliance programs.

Designated Person
Function as Company Designated Person for the Safety Management System.

Emergency Response
Responsible for the development and maintenance of the Company’s emergency response plan; includes exercises and drills (including Ferries, HMS Global and outside entities).

Maritime Training
Responsible for the development and maintenance of the Company’s maritime training program; includes the tracking of licenses, ratings, and proficiencies.
Monitor and identify areas that require additional emphasis and plan for future needs.

Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
Coordinate the adequacy and standardization of site SOPs with site General Managers.
Coordinate shared files, monitoring and updating.

Performance Metrics
Responsible for the tracking and reporting of key performance metrics.

Company Outreach
Participate in Company outreach programs/initiatives.

Technology
Make best use of technology while carrying out these duties.

Other Duties as Assigned
Engage in and conduct other duties as assigned.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Shipping, or related field of study. Strongly preferred
Bachelor’s Degree from a maritime-related academy, or service academy, or similar institute required
Minimum 15 years industry experience
USCG Master’s License or equivalent experience
Expert knowledge of USCG regulations and requirements
Working knowledge key maritime policy issues
5 years minimum experience with command or senior management
Excellent career record in the marine industry
Computer literacy in conjunction with administrative skills
Ability to use independent judgment and discretion to develop and execute innovative solutions to operational problems
Possess and demonstrate superior judgment, analytical ability, performance under pressure
Be able to design and implement training, mentoring, coaching and counseling programs and sessions
Thoroughly understand all pertinent regulations and laws under which the Company operates
Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing
Logically and independently plan, organize, and complete work assignments
Demonstrate well-developed interpersonal skills
Set and achieve high standards of performance
Demonstrate initiative and be able to make progress on multiple assignments under time constraints
Must wear safety equipment as mandated by company
Submit to and pass alcohol and drug tests as mandated by the USCG including but not limited to pre-employment, random, post- accident testing
Maintain compliance with USCG licensing requirements regarding physical standards
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be combined to satisfy some preferred requirements

WORKING CONDITIONS
The majority of work is performed in an office environment with a moderate noise level. Position also includes exposure to marine operations subject to varied wake, along with outdoor conditions and temperatures.

Job Location
Bainbridge Island, Washington, United States
Position Type
Full-Time/Regular

American Cruise Lines is currently seeking Mates (full or part time) for its fleet of modern overnight passenger cruise ships. We offer thirteen unique 7 to 14 night itineraries that travel along the inland and coastal waterways of the East Coast and Pacific Northwest. Each ship carries between 50 and 150 passengers under a US flag. Most ships are licensed under Subchapter K of USCG regulation. Each ship is equipped with the latest safety, navigation, and communications systems.

Onboard, you will receive excellent private accommodations, with in-suite head, satellite TV, etc. This position is ideal for licensed captains, interested in a leadership role in a fast-paced and exciting work environment. The Mate must have the ability to get along with well-educated, affluent passengers, and represent the company in a professional manner.

Excellent pay and competitive benefits package.

Some Basic Functions:
-The safety of the passengers, crew and vessel
-Safe navigation of vessel
-Supervision and Training of Deckhands
-Ensuring vessel is maintained in safe operating condition
-Administrative functions including logs and reports
-Other duties as required

Job Requirements:
-Minimum of 100 ton Near Coastal U.S. Coast Guard Master’s license
-Excellent time management and organizational skills
-Pre-employment drug test
-Ability to live and work on board for rotations of 6 weeks on and 2 weeks off
-US Citizenship or legally authorized to work in the United States
https://hmsgm-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.dspjob&jobid=165&company_id=16682&version=1&jobBoardId=1112&source=Indeed.com

https://www2.recruitingcenter.net/Clients/KIRBYCORP/PublicJobs/controller.cfm?jbaction=JobProfile&Job_Id=10089

Third Mate
Last Updated: 10/15/2013

Job Description:

Applicants will meet the Minimum Requirements listed and have ability to meet all qualifications for Pilot position.

Minimum Requirements:

1. Graduate from a US maritime academy
  2. Hold a valid USCG lisence as a 3rd Mate (Oceans); Mate (Pilot) Towing Vessel; or Master/Mate 500 GT or greater
  3. Hold and Maintain a valid STCW Certificate
  4. Hold Radar Observer (Unlimited) Certificate
  5. Hold a valid MMD endorsed as Able Seaman (AB)

Job Description: Pilot

1. Job Function The Master/Relief Captain/Pilot is the manager of the vessel including all attached barges.
    The Master/Relief Captain/Pilot is responsible for the crew’s adherence to all United States Coast Guard and company policies.
    The Master/Relief Captain/Pilot navigates safety, supervises the crew, oversees safety programs, complies with rules and regulations pertaining to the towing of vessels and protects the environment.
    The Master/Relief Captain/Pilot takes work assignments from the Operations Department.
    The Pilot backs up the Master, serving as supervisor when the Master is asleep and has management and supervisory responsibility while on the watch.

General Qualifications

1. Ability to read - read office updates, procedure manuals, safety memos, federal andstate documents, manifests and requisitions.
  2. Ability to write - keeps the vessel’s log, completes checklists, takes written exams as required by the company and/or governmental agencies.
  3. Ability to use maps and charts.
  4. Ability to communicate with Dispatcher, crew members, other Masters/ReliefCaptains/Pilots, Port Engineers, Coast Guard Inspectors and others.
  5. Ability to direct crew to complete actions and follow regulations in a safe, efficient manner.
  6. Ability to resolve disputes among crew members.
  7. Ability to maintain morale of crew members.
  8. Ability to consider many conditions, including weather, vessel and waterway characteristics, traffic, and the abilities of the crew in making quick, effective decisions about navigation and operation of the vessel.
  9. Evaluates and treats minor medical conditions and injuries within the scope of this knowledge and abilities.
  10. Must remain calm in challenging situations. Must set the “tone” for the safe,positive, efficient functioning of all members of the crew.
  11. Must possess a United States Coast Guard Boat license and/or marine document for vessel operated.
  12. Must possess a valid driver’s license for operation of company vehicles.
  13. Demonstrates leadership by persuading others to perform work because they want to do it.
  14. Makes good decisions.
  15. Is dependable, conscientious and show initiative.
  16. Pays attention to details.
  17. Is willing to adhere to orders, rules and regulations.
  18. Is a team player, is able to work with others and understands customer - supplier wants and needs.
  19. Is stable under pressure and withstands the stress associated with the job, includingdiscomfort, unpredictable weather and potentially hazardous situations.
  20. Work aboard vessel for prolonged periods according to the work schedule for the vessel, for example: 30 days on and 15 off or 14 on and 7 off.
  21. Works shifts of 6 hours off around the clock. Works additional hours as necessary.
  22. Maintains vigilance during a 6 hour shift in the wheel house.
  23. Is willing to work as operations require, including days. Is able to live in closequarters for long periods of time and is able to work away from home for longperiods of time.
  24. Must be drug and alcohol free while on company property or during course and scopeof company business.

Additional Responsibilities and Requirements

A. Learning and training

1. Holds and maintains the necessary United States Coast Guard marine documents and/or licenses for the position of Master/Relief Captain/Pilot for inland waters and the Great Lakes. Meets all requirements to be able to renew and maintain documents or licenses.
  2. Attends and successfully completes company training on new procedures and operations such as vapor recovery, benzene regulations, and fire fighting.
  3. Attends company training on new procedures such as vapor recovery.
  4. Provides navigation experience to senior crew members.
  5. Provides orientation to new employees and training for all crew members.
  6. Organizes periodic operational meetings including safety, quality system, and other company required topics.
  7. Provides briefings to crew on customer requirements.

B. Safety

1. Is responsible for ensuring safe working conditions and orderliness of the vessel.
  2. Is responsible for ensuring safe, sanitary living and working conditions for the crew.
  3. Ensures that company safety rules and environmental regulations are followed.
  4. Establishes good morale, personal hygiene, and efficiency of the crew.
  5. Wears safety equipment as required, including steel toed shoes, foul weather gear, gloves, boots and respirators to protect against cargo contact. 6) Is responsible for the safe operation of the vessel, the safety of the crew and anyvisitor at all times and in all weather conditions.

C. Inspecting, record-keeping and verifying

1. Ensures that all barge and vessel documentation is on board, is current and is located on the proper vessel.
  2. Maintains the vessel’s log (towing job, actions, speed, times).
  3. Approves requisitions for equipment, material, repairs, supplies and food.
  4. Verifies barge manifest.
  5. Conducts the primary investigation of all injuries, illnesses and accidents, andcompletes necessary forms and reports.
  6. Conducts a monthly physical inspection of the vessel, observing, for example, safety equipment, fire fighting equipment, licenses and other documentation.
      • Updated - - -

http://jobs.winecountryjobs.com/clients/winecountryjobs/CanGetJob.rs?job_id=73743
An opportunity with The Inn at Palmetto Bluff
Last Updated: Oct-01-13
Job Type: Temporary
Salary:
Hourly: See Salary
Travel: 0
Start Date:
Position Description:
Marine Captain

DEPARTMENT: Wilson Landing

PLACE OF WORK: Wilson Landing

REPORTS TO: Director of Recreation & Marine Operations

DATE: January 2010

JOB OVERVIEW: Responsible for the safe operation of boats at Wilson Landing. Duties include the operation of various vessels, as well as the on-going maintenance.

Standard Specifications: Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.

QUALIFICATIONS:

Essential:

High school graduate
Strong marine background that includes experience with guests
Minimum 2 years experience as a boat captain
Ability to provide a high level of service and a memorable experience for our clientele
USCG OUPV License
Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
Capable of multi-tasking
Professional appearance and demeanor
Able to perform necessary maintenance functions to keep the vessels safe and operable
Strong mechanical aptitude
Able to work alone and as part of a team
Appreciates and respects our local waterways
Good organizational skills
Ability to communicate well with members, guests and co-workers

Desirable:

USCG Master’s License of no less than 100 ton Near Coastal
Prior marine forklift experience
Hospitality experience
CPR, First Aid, AED certified
College bachelor’s degree
Knowledge about local waterways
Knowledge of surrounding environment including the flora, fauna, and history.

ESSENTIAL SKILLS:

Ability to communicate in English with members/guests/employees to their understanding
Ability to provide legible communication and directions
Ability to understand member/guest inquiries and provide responses
Ability to safely operate boats
Ability to focus on member/guest needs
Ability to prioritize, organize and make good judgments
Ability to ensure security of resort and customer property
Ability to maintain confidentiality of member/guest information and pertinent resort data
Ability to perform assignments with minimal supervision
Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
Ability to remain calm and react quickly when confronted with several tasks at once
Ability to work with other operating departments on property
Maintain a positive and cooperative attitude, demeanor, and approach with guests and coworkers

Working Conditions: Most tasks are performed outdoors in variable weather conditions, including hot, cold, windy and wet weather. Temperature can be extreme but is usually moderate. Frequently works near moving/mechanical parts and on local waterways.

Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to reach with arms and hands; bend and stoop; remain at post standing for extended periods of time; may be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds…

ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:

Safely and properly operate resort and customer boats
Provide outstanding customer service
Ensure that boats are operating properly and safely
Schedule maintenance on boats as needed and maintain proper records
Assist in scheduling of marine related activities
Assist in launching and storing of boats
Inspects dock, slips, lines, etc. regularly
Keep boats and dry storage area safe, clean, and organized
Effectively and efficiently handle member/guest complaints

NOTE

A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.

This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform other duties as assigned.

This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.

This is a non-management position
This is an on call position

Apply at: https://www.theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=AP178

Epic Divers & Marine

Looking for an AB, 4-point experience is helpful.

Epic Divers & Marine
Belle Chasse, LA
10656 Hwy 23
Belle Chasse, LA 70037

Apply in person

MSC is now hiring for Third Mates! I’ve only seen Second Mate openings before so believe this is rare.

This position works under the supervision of the Second Officer (Navigator) and Department Head, First Officer. Serves as a Deck Watch Officer and is responsible for the safe navigation of the vessel. Assists the Master and senior deck officers in carrying out their responsibilities. As directed/designated by the Chief Mate, makes timely and frequent inspection of all lifesaving equipment onboard the vessels, including lifeboats, life rafts and associated securing devices, and any other equipment. May be assigned collateral duties of Assistant Damage Control Officer, CBR-D Officer, or Special Services Officer.

http://www.sealiftcommand.com/third-officer-4

Meteorology & Ice Management Team Lead

Employer:
Shell

Updated: Dec 4 2013
Desired Expertise: Logistics Coordinator, Navigator Experience: 3+ years Minimum Education: High School/Secondary Location: Anchorage, AK, US Reference Code: 1829BR Job Status: Active / Open - See more at: http://www.rigzone.com/jobs/

Position Responsibilities: Coordinate with the Logistics Planning Team, Marine Activities Lead and Aviation Activities Lead to support offshore Arctic Operations. Accountabilities: As Meteorology & Ice Management Team Lead, the incumbent will support key processes and services for all vessels used by Shell Alaska, with specific emphasis on vessel coordination when ice is present The incumbent will provide Shell Alaska, technical and operational advice on the safe and efficient operation of ice management vessels and all Shell marine assets The incumbent will be required to work with vessel masters to coordinate vessel movements during operational status, fitting out periods, and mobilization from on-hire to off-hire Provide technical assistance in the development of an appropriate support fleet including new polar and ice classed vessels Support contract management activities within Shell Alaska, including contractor management and performance reviews Collate and review information received from offshore Ice Advisers and Meteorologist Forecast sources and satellite imagery to develop and implement Ice Management strategies The incumbent will be required to interpret Radar-Sat and MODIS satellite images. Prepare and present daily briefs on vessel operational status Provide specialist advice on HSSE risks relating to shipping and marine activities in and around ice and the effective monitoring of performance Provide support and leadership on maritime issues relating to offshore and terminal interfaces, having due regard to the peculiar challenges of the Arctic environment Dimensions: Excellent written and verbal communication skills Manage 3+ direct reports Be a member of the Logistics ICS Team Ability to travel to remote locations throughout Alaska Position Requirements: Extensive ice management experience in support of offshore operations Thorough understanding of DNV’s Knowledge Base for Officers Navigating in Ice Ice Management skills developed during offshore operations in and around ice Thorough understanding of ice class ship construction, different class society ice classing and the IACS Polar Class system Recent applicable experience in the following areas would be an advantage: Office-based management of daily marine logistics issues Operational (e.g. offshore supply vessels, anchor handling, seismic, diving support, Dynamic Positioning, Ice Management) Projects (e.g. Towing, pipe laying, MODU location moves) Previous exposure to the application of Shell Group Standards and Processes would be an advantage Knowledge of relevant International Industry associations and the application of published guidance. Self motivated and a proven leader A professional mariner with the ability to work independently and communicate effectively Desired Skills: Employment Type: PERMANENT Hours: FULLTIME

Count me in, I’m a 2AE unl. ready to be at sea for the Holidays!

WARNING: P&J Services is a headhunter that charges the mariner a fee for job placement.

AB

AB NEEDED

CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A FEW GOOD AB MUST HAVE Z-CARD OR MMC STCW-95 & TWIC MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE, GOOD WORK HISTORY & NAVIGATIONAL WATCH IF YOU ARE INTRESTED AND MEET THESE REQUIRMENTS CALL PRESTON 337-261-0646

• Updated - - -

AB FOR PERMANENT HIGH-END JOB

AB’S ANY RATING NEEDED FOR PERMANENT JOB AT WORLDWIDE COMPANY IN THE RESEARCH/SURVEY DIVISION. MUST LIVE WITHIN 10 HOURS OF NEW ORLEANS

DAY RATE IS DOE 275-290/DAY

DP SURVEY VESSEL.

WELL-MAINTAINED, QUALITY VESSEL WITH CREATURE COMFORTS, GYM, UPSCALE GALLEY, ETC…

265-285/DAY DOE

AB

TWIC

RFPNW

NO TRANSPORTATION PROVIDED

MUST LIVE WITHIN 10 HOURS OF NEW ORLEANS

28/14 ROTATION BUT MUST BE FLEXIBLE AS WORK DEPENDS GREATLY ON WEATHER.

START DATE IN DECEMBER.

CONSISTENT WORK WITH LOW TURNOVER

WORK IN THE GULF OF MEXICO

VESSEL DOES NOT SERVICE RIGS, NO MUD, STAYS AWAY FROM STRUCTURES.

BENEFITS & RETIREMENT:
Vacation, Holidays and Sick Time off. tuition reimbursement program, career development training and professional memberships group health insurance which consists of medical, pharmacy, vision and dental. Other Benefits: Flexible spending accounts and employee assistance program… View Full Description

• Updated - - -

WARNING: Fee Headhunter

1600 TON LIFT BOAT CAPTAIN NEEDED

LIFT BOAT CAPTAIN NEEDED FOR OVER SEAS

MUST HAVE A MIN OF 3 YEARS LIFTBOAT CAPTAIN EXP AND CRANE CERT AND EXP CALL PRESTON AT 337-261-0646 IF YOU HAVE THE EXP AND CERTS

• Updated - - -

Inland Tug Captain

Licensed Tug Boat Captain with Master of Towing, TWIC, and proper endorsements wanting to work with quality crew and company please call. Competitive Pay DOE.

985-845-0702

• Updated - - -

Central Gulf Towing LLC of Cut Off is seeking a tug boat captain for a 14 & 7 schedule on offshore tug boat (2400 horsepower)- Must have 100 Ton License and Master of Towing endorsement and TWIC card, competitive pay, paid benefits and 401K - please call (985) 632-4400 or FAX resume (985)632-4410

• Updated - - -

Company Profile

Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspections, mobile offshore production systems, and engineering and project management.

Position Summary

Summary: Managing the crew of the water vessel and ensuring their safety through implementation of policies and procedures.

Duties & Responsibilities

Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.

Ensure safe and efficient operation of the vessel to transport passengers, freight, and other cargo across oceans, lakes, bays, and inter coastal waters.
Direct or coordinate crew members or workers performing activities such as loading or unloading cargo, steering vessels, operating engines, or operating, maintaining, or repairing ship equipment.
Inspect vessel to ensure safety of crew, passengers, and environment.
Aid in the training and development of crew members.
Implement policies and procedures.
Maintain records of daily activities, prepare progress reports, and personnel reports.
Maintain regulatory requirements.
Utilize navigational aids, such as lights, lighthouses, and buoys to avoid reefs, outlying shoals, and other hazards to the vessel.
Remain fully informed and adhere to all relevant laws, regulations and directives affecting the operation of the vessel.
Compute positions, set courses, and determine speeds, using charts, area plotting sheets, compasses, sextants, and knowledge of local conditions
Coordinate activities of crewmembers that are responsible for signaling devices, such as: the ship's whistle, flashing lights, flags, and radio.

Qualifications

Education and/or Experience

High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required. Vocational training is preferred.
2-3 years minimum offshore supply vessel (OSV) experience.
Vessel experience in the Gulf of Mexico within the oil and gas industry is preferred. 

Other Requirements

Knowledge of SMS shipboard procedures
Merchant Mariner’s Credential (Z-card)
Valid 1600 (3000 ITC) Ton masters license
STCW-95 (Standard Training and Watch Keeping Certification)
DPO Unlimited Certification
GMDSS (Global Maritime Distress and Safety System) Radio Operator’s License
SafeGulf experience
Valid Driver’s License.
 Valid TWIC card
4-point anchor handling experience helpful.

Language Skills

Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.

Computer Skills

To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Explorer Internet software; MS Excel Spreadsheet software, MS Word Processing software and email software.

Equal Employment Opportunity

As set forth more fully in the Company’s Equal Employment Opportunity Statement, Oceaneering is an equal opportunity employer.