The Golden Age of Atlantic

[B]THE GOLDEN AGE OF ATLANTIC[/B]
[U]PART 1[/U]
“Development of transatlantic passenger shipbuilding in the
second half of the XIX and first half of the XX century”.
[I]Historical Overview.

[U]PART 2[/U]
[/I]"Analyze of the potential loss of the transatlantic passenger traffic
in period 1914-1960”
[I]Economic Overview[/I]

With the rapid development of technologies and industries, the world has discovered
the unique century. Century which is stunning imagination by its spectacular romanticism,
which has been fulfilled by fantastic artistic colors and bold engineering solutions.
This century is called – “The Golden Age of Atlantic”.

At the same time in period since 1900 until 1960 approximately 22,721,355 immigrants have
arrived in the United States of America (statistic data). Most of them arrived from European
counties. At the same time, in period since 1900 until 1914 around 21,300,000 passengers were
carried between European ports and ports in the USA, in both directions. These numbers immodestly
attract attention.

These two overviews is the one work called “The Golden Age of Atlantic”.
The Part 1 contains the historical overview of the Golden Age of Atlantic.
The Part 2 is a logical extension of the Part 1. It is a trial to show result of calculations of
the potential loss of the passenger flow in transatlantic traffic because of geopolitical
situation in USA and Europe in period 1914-1960.

[B]The Golden Age of Atlantic[/B] - Part 1 - Historical Overview: READ
[B]The Golden Age of Atlantic[/B] - Part 2 - Economic Overview: READ

I highly appreciate attention of everyone who read and studied these articles and I will
be happy to cooperate with professionals who are interested in the history of transatlantic
passenger shipping and shipbuilding.

Also read following publications:

How to design a vessel in 5 steps? READ
Who re-Invented ship’s bulbous bow? READ
All publications: www.design-vadim.com

Letting jet travel take over was the worst thing to ever happen to beauty in naval architecture. They just don’t make them like they used to!

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;184654]Letting jet travel take over was the worst thing to ever happen to beauty in naval architecture. They just don’t make them like they used to![/QUOTE]

True. Agree.