The Best Anchor Tattoos

What’s the best anchor tattoo design?

An AB on my ship is getting an anchor tattoo and he showed me the book of designs. They’re all terrible. So, help the man out and share photos of your favorite anchor tattoos…

How about this one :wink:

Tell him to look for artwork by Sailor Jerry. He did a lot of really great Tattoos and most shops have his Flash.

2 Likes

Check this out…

[QUOTE=john;114015]How about this one :wink:

[/QUOTE]

What, did you not see the GF of member who already did this? WTF John, pay attention already! :cool:

Here’s the pic for those who missed it (look carefully!) :

[QUOTE=john;114015]How about this one :wink:

[/QUOTE]

John…I hate to break this to you but that image is WRONG! The stock is supposed to be 90degrees to the crown and flukes and it is too high up on the shank

this is what it is supposed to look like

sheesh

speaking of anchors, I wonder if our guy was ever able to grapple that one at 600’?

[QUOTE=c.captain;114026]John…I hate to break this to you but that image is WRONG! The stock is supposed to be 90degrees to the crown and flukes and it is too high up on the shank

this is what it is supposed to look like

sheesh[/QUOTE]

Hey c.captain… tell me something I don’t already know :wink:

[QUOTE=albertpachino;114024]Here’s the pic for those who missed it (look carefully!) :[/QUOTE]

HEY! That’s not Lake of the Ozarks! Now what on earth is such a cute NW girl doing wearing a Rebel Flag bikini?

Yeah, the South and a few other things for a babe like that!

Maybe time to upscale the gCaptain Logo? Quentin McHale got stale and needed to be upgraded…look how that has enhanced my good standing here! Might be time for a REAL anchor?

why do I sense we’ve had this conversation before?

That might be a “Real” anchor, but that’s some wimpy assed chain…

I second the sailor jerry you can’t go wrong with classic old school designs.

Have any if you been under the needle for more than 3 hours? I know we are all sailors and mariners…lets get real…sailor Jerry is not the Only style out there…

Yes sir, I like Jerry’s work but I have original stuff as well

[ATTACH]3570[/ATTACH]

Still traditional work. Looks clean though. Is that you??

Yes, my longest was 7 hours… Remember get a tattoo is like getting your car fixed… Don’t go cheap and quality work costs $$$

Cole tattoo
[ATTACH]3571[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=rshrew;114053]Yes sir, I like Jerry’s work but I have original stuff as well

[ATTACH]3570[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

My longest time under the needle was Six Hours and this was on my Chest.

Anyone know the story behind the big anchor at the Kirby/River Associates yard at the Philadelphia Navy Yard?

[QUOTE=“Skoidat69;114059”]

Yes, my longest was 7 hours… Remember get a tattoo is like getting your car fixed… Don’t go cheap and quality work costs $$$[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. I’m sleeved out on my right arm and left leg. Quality work sure doesn’t come cheap! It always amazes me when people feel the need to tell me how cheap it was for their tattoo. I just shake my head. And yes…I am a bit of a tattoo snob.

Indeed it is.