Stability

I have some questions printed up from Lapware…A little more than 300 questions or so from back in September. Last week I did a question update on my Hawspipe drive but some of the stability questions I had back in September on Lapware are not in my current Hawspipe. I questioned a friend who told me that USCG would be taking old questions out and not making the new questions available. This sounds suspect to me. Anyone have any insights? Thanks.

[QUOTE=Nautical Wheeler;196041]I have some questions printed up from Lapware…A little more than 300 questions or so from back in September. Last week I did a question update on my Hawspipe drive but some of the stability questions I had back in September on Lapware are not in my current Hawspipe. I questioned a friend who told me that USCG would be taking old questions out and not making the new questions available. This sounds suspect to me. Anyone have any insights? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
There was a change to the Freedom of Information Act that exempts the questions (all of them, not just “new” ones) from public disclosure. All of the questions have been removed and are no longer available, they have been replaced with sample exams. Any question that was in the pool before this took effect was probably downloaded and incorporated into exam-prep products. Questions added after that date may not be available. So the short answer is yes, you may well see questions that aren’t in your exam-prep product.

This is a much needed and longer overdue to change to restore integrity to the USCG exams.

[QUOTE=jdcavo;196065]There was a change to the Freedom of Information Act that exempts the questions (all of them, not just “new” ones) from public disclosure. All of the questions have been removed and are no longer available, they have been replaced with sample exams. Any question that was in the pool before this took effect was probably downloaded and incorporated into exam-prep products. Questions added after that date may not be available. So the short answer is yes, you may well see questions that aren’t in your exam-prep product.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for the info. I will revisit the site and check out sample exams as I can. Thank you again.