Stability

Anyone like to share a stability test or what exactly is on the chief mate exam? Much appreciated bc I don’t want to study what is not on the test. Thanks in advance

all you have to know is that the lead ingots go down in the lower hold and the styrofoam peanuts go up in the tween decks.

damned how I miss breakbulk ships…

Well that solves all my problems. Lol

[QUOTE=CaptHH;155006]Anyone like to share a stability test or what exactly is on the chief mate exam? Much appreciated bc I don’t want to study what is not on the test. Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

I’m not a mate, but I would suggest downloading the current question bank from the NMC and using it in conjunction with a program like Lapware to review…you know that one person’s exam may not be comparable to the one you get. Best to take the time and review it all or at least the stuff you know you are weak on.

Lapware, you get what you pay for.

[QUOTE=z-drive;155069]Lapware, you get what you pay for.[/QUOTE]

I prefer paying for lapdances

[QUOTE=CaptHH;155047]Well that solves all my problems. Lol[/QUOTE]

before I can help you I have to know what level you are at mentally

here is a question from the 1937 chief mate’s exam…let’s see if you can come up with the correct answer

Your ship is about to load both copra and manganese ore in Takoradi…the stowage factor for the copra is 46 and 12 for the ore. Your 32 year old three island steam powered cargo vessel has 4 holds and a bale cubic of 64000cu/ft. Your KG is 24.4’ and draft on an even keel is 18.6’ in water with an SG of 1.011 before you commence loading. The coal bunkers are 2/3 full. Given the above information which is true?

a. the chief engineer’s name is McGillicuddy
b. firearms are better than whips to motivate the Fuzzy Wuzzies to stow properly
c. the whores ashore do not have health cards
d. the local beer they sell out of the bumboats will make you wish you were dead when you wake with the handover
e. there are more than 4000 species of insects in Africa that carry disease

Lmao. Ok well I know how to do the problems. That question is a good one. Above my skill level. Lol. I found lapware not that useful the way it was structured. So far I bought the lapware book off iBooks and it’s good. Just trying to narrow this specific test down. I guess I will just study everything and get it. Thanks for the laughs

[QUOTE=CaptHH;155087]Lmao. Ok well I know how to do the problems. That question is a good one. Above my skill level. Lol. I found lapware not that useful the way it was structured. So far I bought the lapware book off iBooks and it’s good. Just trying to narrow this specific test down. I guess I will just study everything and get it. Thanks for the laughs[/QUOTE]

i just took it a few weeks ago, my test was very easy. All questions were straight from the majority of lapware problems, finding KG, GM by inclination formula, initial and final GM lifting a weight from the dock with a boom, FS, etc. I did not have any KGcorr, or DB tonnage problems, which were the only ones I thought would be tricky.

[QUOTE=c.captain;155083]

a. the chief engineer’s name is McGillicuddy
b. firearms are better than whips to motivate the Fuzzy Wuzzies to stow properly
c. the whores ashore do not have health cards
d. the local beer they sell out of the bumboats will make you wish you were dead when you wake with the handover
e. there are more than 4000 species of insects in Africa that carry disease

Given the above information which is true? [/QUOTE]

f. All of the above.

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=CaptHH;155006] I don’t want to study what is not on the test. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, no point in knowing anything or having any more skill than you absolutely have to.

I hope that was sincere and not being smart.

[QUOTE=Steamer;155105]f. All of the above.[/QUOTE]

ding, ding, ding, DING! We have a 100point perfect score winner of our quiz.

Johnny. tell the viewers what our lucky new chief mate’s prizes are today?

also Steamer, you are now eligible to try for our super grand prize today if you can answer the following:

In Takoradi, a carton of Marlboro cigarettes can buy you which?

a. the finest “European talent” found in town for a whole weekend including a room at the best hotel
b. your own personal slave
c. drinks all around for all your shipmates plus the unwashed mugs off all the other ships in port
d. the right to become the uber War Lord and a rag tag army to challenge the goverment forces in the area
e. a berth in the port after your ship has been on anchor for three months due to “dock maintenance”

good to hear. this is the only one im really dreading. how long did you spend studying for the tests?

This stuff is too good! I’m dying