Stability Help

Can somebody please show me or help me with the workings for the below questions
Thankyou in advance

A vessel of 4500 tonnes displacement and floating upright, fills a port double bottom tank
with 120 tonnes of water ballast. The centre of the tank is 4.5 m from the centre line and has
a VCG of 0.75 m. The original KG of the vessel is 4.5 m. Find the list the vessel will take, if
the KM remains constant at 5.1 m.

1. A vessel of 8500 tonnes displacement with a beam of 20 m, KG 6.25 m and KM 7.1 m, lifts
    a weight of 45 tonnes with her own gear from the wharf. Height of crane jib is 24.3 m above
    the keel and the weight is placed on the wharf 3 m from the ships side. (Displacement does
    not include the weight and the KM remains constant).
    Find the maximum list the vessel will take as she makes this lift.

I am preparing for stability and construction level 4 exam of canada transport plz advise where to find old paper plz if someone have then forward it on my email manmeetgrewal77@yahoo.com

This question assumes that change is KN value is negligible when FP is getting filled full.Otherwise new KN shall be calculated at new draft.

So assuming no change in KN.
Change in GM will be old Gm+free surface moment@50% tank filling+ lowering of VCG due to full tank.

How to calculate VCG change is one part.

Change in lcg can be calculated by assuming previous vessel condition as one mass with LCG and added FP tank as another mass with its LCG.

There is a online calculation sheet for this calculation where you can verify your details.

Just fill in your data and verify your calculation.

Y’all forgot to change for free surface from Im4 to fse…36.9…