Ships You've Sailed On

Alright so just put down what ships you’ve sailed on. I’m not sure how many of us Tallship sailors are around.

Volunteered/Worked for the Ocean Institute in Dana Point, CA onboard Brig Pilgrim and Schooner Spirit of Dana Point through high school and into college summers for five years. Actually this is what got me interested in going to sea for a living.

Sail on Irving Johnson (LA Maritime Inst.) every once in awhile when I’m down south, the Captain used to work on Spirit with me.

Got a chance to sail Privateer Lynx a couple weeks ago, and all I gotta say is god damn that’s a nice boat and a nice crew.

I sailed as Master on the Biloxi Schooner “Lavengro” when she was on Maui. Nowadays she’s moored on Lake Union in Seattle.

CMA Decky, Do you know if the Irving Johnson was able to be salvaged or not?
She ran aground coming into Channel Islands harbor in 2004…Washed up on the beach and was battered pretty hard…I never heard what happened to her after that…

I used to do some sailing on the Appledore IV.

Just day sails and a few longer trips. She’s just a wee little schooner.:slight_smile:

[quote=Shellback;7413]CMA Decky, Do you know if the Irving Johnson was able to be salvaged or not?
She ran aground coming into Channel Islands harbor in 2004…Washed up on the beach and was battered pretty hard…I never heard what happened to her after that…[/quote]

Yeah, she spent about a year in the shipyard before she reemerged. Still an incident that ways pretty heavy over everyone’s minds. On the plus side she got repainted with a new glossy white epoxy paint. Still has the three year old paint job and it’s so smooth and glossy it looks like plastic.

I also used to run the 1926 Alden schooner “Teragram” on Maui, that is until the owner turned it into matchsticks on the beach in Kona. A tragic end to a classic beauty. One of my deckhands kicked the shit out of the guy when he came back to Maui. Insurance job is the theory of choice around that situation.

CMADecky, nice pics…Glad to hear she made it…It was really sad to watch that beautiful boat get pounded in the surf …

Hawaiian Chieftain

(How the heck do you get pictures on here?)

Click this icon on the toolbar in the editor and put in a web link to the picture.

Californian, Rose, Roald Amundsen, Gazela, Thor Heyerdahl, Pioneer, Irving Johnson, Exy Johnson, Westward, Corwith Cramer, Sea Cloud, Sea Cloud II, Kaisei, Endeavour, Bill of Rights, Hawaiin Chieftian, Eagle, Concordia.

Lots of good fun!

Master on: [I]Virginia, Pride of Baltimore II, Californian, Clipper City, Fritha, Bill of Rights and New Way, (ex: Western Union)[/I]

Mate, Crew or Executive Director of: [I]Tabor Boy, Bargue Elissa, Andenturer, Kalmar Nyckel[/I]

Sailied aboard: [I]Victory Chimes, Zodiac, Bargue Eagle[/I]

Ramona Graham, Amanda Graham, Celestine G, Ms. Pam, Ms. Ellen, Ms. Peggy Ann, Ms. Amanda, Ms. Maureen, Allison G, Levert G, Ella G, Fast Scout, Fast Cajun, Fast Surveyor, Fast Servant, Fast Spirit, C-Contender, C-Carrier, C-Endeavour, C-Commander, C-Provider, C-Courageous, C-Challenger, C-Liberty, Kobe Chouest, Mr. Jessie, C-Retriever, AHTS Edison Chouest, AHTS Alex Chouest, AHTS Damon Chouest, Tug Goliath, Delta Atlas, AHTS Laney Chouest, and the Semi-Submersible MODU West Sirius.:eek:

…the resume of a true fucktard

Mate on: NSS Endeavor, NSS Bonanza, NSS Confident, New Honer, Pacific Star, Southern Star, Oceanic Star. All are bulk carriers!

Not a capt. yet :frowning:

Why is that?

Do you really want the details? Well, never mind, I dare not search for the red banana hammock picture with junior in the background.

BTW, Carpenter just asked about you 5 minutes ago. I said you were good.

I am better than good…I am GREAT!

I just hope I stay employed!!!

Why don’t you put down the list of vessels you have been aboard?

At first I thought you were giving us a list of girls you had been with.

HAH! Yeah right up to the, Mr.Jessie…lol…The C-Provider left a lot to the immagination as well…

That list would be a lot longer!!!