Sent to a young man a short while ago

Quote Originally Posted by Jetryder223
Man, this forum has gotten as dull as a stick of butter.
Why don’t re-register as C.Captain2 or Quint or something so you can join in on threads other than your own. You have to get back to stirring the pot with that pointy stick of yours.

I WANT MY OLD gCAPTAIN BACK!

this was my reply to Jet

Jet my son…write to John Konrad and tell him that because c.captain ain’t gonna use another handle…I am an old man and hate change…

I too want my old gCaptain back!

if you mugs feel like Jetryder and myself and want your old gCaptain back write to John Konrad yourself and implore him to fix my account because my pleadings are falling on deaf ears with him

As I stated before money well $pent…

Now that’s funny!

I just started visiting the forum 2 weeks ago after not being on here for a couple of months. What happened to you cCaptain? Did you get into trouble with the powers that be? And yes, it does seem a little bland around here.

[QUOTE=RubberRhib888;167032]I just started visiting the forum 2 weeks ago after not being on here for a couple of months. What happened to you cCaptain? Did you get into trouble with the powers that be? And yes, it does seem a little bland around here.[/QUOTE]

when John changed the forum format something caused my account to go into some kind of spam filter according to John which limited my ability to participate. currently I can start a thread and add to it without any problem but I cannot add to any thread I did not create myself. Further I cannot edit any post I have made.

This is obviously frustrating for me when I run across threads where the might of the pointy stick is called for but can only sit on a sideline and watch. Jetryder sees the diminuntion caused by my being sidlined and why he asked me to post under a new username. I did create a new account under the name “son of c.capn” but my posts have to be approved before they show and I quit trying to use that one and besides I want to post under the username you have all come to tolerate these many years rather than start anew so I have implored John over and over to fix my account and restore it back to full functionality. He told me it would be alot of work for him to fix the code and he was dubious that I might lash him if he did like I lashed out when the forum was changed a couple months ago however I told him I would only praise his efforts and laud him when he fixed my account.

With Jetyrder’s PM to me yesterday, I decided that if enough members felt like him, they too might implore upon John to do what I hope he will and get me back in all the way rather than just part way.

You and I have had our differences in the past. That doesn’t mean that I don’t like a heated exchange. I actually enjoy intellectual warfare. We all don’t have to agree. The muzzle that was but on you is a bit odd. Too many forum members must have complained or something. This forum is a lot like boat life. Several people working together from different walks of life trying to get along. Sometimes you do and sometimes you don’t. I’m shaking my head right now. As much of a pain in the ass that you are…I just don’t see how it’s ok to stifle your freedom of speech. I knew there was something missing on here when I started browsing the threads. cCaptain, I’m sorry that John put the kibosh on you.

[QUOTE=RubberRhib888;167042]You and I have had our differences in the past. That doesn’t mean that I don’t like a heated exchange. I actually enjoy intellectual warfare. We all don’t have to agree. The muzzle that was but on you is a bit odd. Too many forum members must have complained or something. This forum is a lot like boat life. Several people working together from different walks of life trying to get along. Sometimes you do and sometimes you don’t. I’m shaking my head right now. As much of a pain in the ass that you are…I just don’t see how it’s ok to stifle your freedom of speech. I knew there was something missing on here when I started browsing the threads. cCaptain, I’m sorry that John put the kibosh on you.[/QUOTE]

thank you kindly for you words of affirmation concerning my colorful style in the forum but I will not say that John put any kabosh on me on purpose. Whether John feels this convenient for him is a valid question however I will not make any claims that he felt I needed to be stifled. Had he wanted that I would not be here writing this. I do believe that this is the result of the change made with the forum and I do hope the time comes when John takes the time to restore my account to full function.

I certainly encourage you to PM him to mention the distinct lack of exchange caused by the absence of the “pointy stick”. In the meantime, my patience is great and not flagging. I will be here regardless one way or the other.

[QUOTE=c.captain;167051]thank you kindly for you words of affirmation concerning my colorful style in the forum but I will not say that John put any kabosh on me on purpose. Whether John feels this convenient for him is a valid question however I will not make any claims that he felt I needed to be stifled. Had he wanted that I would not be here writing this. I do believe that this is the result of the change made with the forum and I do hope the time comes when John takes the time to restore my account to full function.

I certainly encourage you to PM him to mention the distinct lack of exchange caused by the absence of the “pointy stick”. In the meantime, my patience is great and not flagging. I will be here regardless one way or the other.[/QUOTE]

Poor Scooter, you are worthless without your ability to stir shit.

[QUOTE=RubberRhib888;167042]You and I have had our differences in the past. That doesn’t mean that I don’t like a heated exchange. I actually enjoy intellectual warfare. We all don’t have to agree. The muzzle that was but on you is a bit odd. Too many forum members must have complained or something. This forum is a lot like boat life. Several people working together from different walks of life trying to get along. Sometimes you do and sometimes you don’t. I’m shaking my head right now. As much of a pain in the ass that you are…I just don’t see how it’s ok to stifle your freedom of speech. I knew there was something missing on here when I started browsing the threads. cCaptain, I’m sorry that John put the kibosh on you.[/QUOTE]

I am not a fan of the muzzle, more of a shock collar guy myself… Put that button on the website, charge $0.50 and give half the proceeds to charity and we will cure cancer.

[QUOTE=AHTS Master;167056]Poor Scooter, you are worthless without your ability to stir shit.[/QUOTE]

ah, but John has kept me alive just so I can poke my pointy stick at you…

I can understand not wanting to give up the name we have all come to love (or loathe, take your pick), but I have serious doubts no one will know who you are. There might be the occasional newby that asks, “Who the hell does this guy think he is!? He doesn’t even have 50 posts on here yet!” Of course, everything following that statement would be pure entertainment for the masses.

Suck it up, c.captain. Call yourself Orca.captain and move on.

[QUOTE=txwooley;167066]Suck it up, c.captain. Call yourself Orca.captain and move on.[/QUOTE]

sorry, not gonna happen…I am c.captain and c.captain I shall stay regardless of any price.

A bit of sleuthing around the site and I found this little window:

It’s a list of permissions each member is assigned. It’s a toggle button available to admins. I appears our wise and learned admins, during the forum update, determined they really don’t want to be bothered with drama associated with a certain prolific poster and unclicked his “You may post replies” permission.

Don’t think it would be that hard to click you back [U][/U][I][/I][B]IF[/B] they wanted to.

Interesting Jet, just checked and my posting permissions everything shows my user account is fully enabled…I am now able to edit posts so maybe I am now back in all the way!

it is official, I am now back in all the way! John, you have my eternal gratitude and may you have many years of success with gCaptain. It’s the best thing for the American mariner since penicillin!

Dammit jet!!! Why??? For the love of god why???

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;167155]Dammit jet!!! Why??? For the love of god why???[/QUOTE]

face facts Fraq…you’re doomed!

Oh shit, there goes the planet.

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;167155]Dammit jet!!! Why??? For the love of god why???[/QUOTE]

Because I have all this popcorn stocked up.

Let the games begin. Oh, this is going to be fun again.

Hmm

Quint…

Hooper…

So who is going to start using a Chief Brody avatar? Or maybe a Bruce the shark avatar?