Sailor’s Home in Hawaii

Last August, I stayed at the Sailor’s Home in Hawaii for a good price. Can anyone tell me are there other places like this across the United States?

http://honolulusailorshome.com/hshs/

https://marinershouse.org/

1 Like

Thanks, though it cost more than Honolulu it still looks like a great place.

I just stayed at the sailor’s home. 30 bucks a night for a clean bed, can’t be beat in Honolulu.

It likely costs more because of the amenities but looks a lot cheaper than any Boston hotel, that’s for sure. My question would be how hard is it to get a room there? Sailor’s home in Hono generally always has a vacancy.

Catherder, I have no idea how hard it is to acquire a room at the Boston hotel but I like you assume at certain times of months you may not find a place there. I would like to have a list of hotels that are like the one in Honolulu which I perfect for any Mariner who wants to be by a union hall to ship out.

I don’t know that there are very many, but I’ll keep an eyeball peeled. It’s always great to have such a resource. Was nice to get off the ship in Honolulu (especially since I was losing my stateroom to a relief) and spend a couple days playing tourist.

1 Like

What is the best inexpensive hotel for seamen in the Seattle area these days?

Anyone stay at the Monterrey Inn in Willmington, CA near the MMP hall lately? I stayed there years ago when it was like 19 dollars a night. I see now its 50 did they make major improvements?

I stayed there about 12 years ago, it was a dump then but a cheap place to crash. Most sailors I know stay at the Inn of Long Beach (350 a week approx) or the Islander Motel on PCH (250 a week approx) Lots of bed bug complaints coming from the Inn.

1 Like

Paul Aaron Barbadillo manages the Sailors home in Honolulu has a very very bad negative attitude givin to anyone and everyone that comes to his door. His filthy loud mouth filled with discriminating gestures, comments and backtalks.
He rides on a high horse if u know what I mean. Power trips, discrimination. Bribery, etc
A woman with MMC documents came to rent a room with her boyfriend that is not a seaman and has no documentations of being a merchant mariner was also given a separate room because " I don’t want her sneaking in her boyfriend" was Paul’s excuse. first it was a few days , then weeks to months. Paul was paid cash for his rent and it was not put on paper meaning he has pocketed the money. Also Paul has made many promises to me and none was made.
He told me I can have a big room when jo Ann moves out. A female come after joann left and he gave her the big room I was promised. Paul has moved me 4x within 6 months I was there. He is a favoritism kind of guy with major bipolar / PTSD issues. In the first 4 months Paul and I clicked as we spent hours in his office playing games on his PS5 this was until his best friend Harold came back to the Sailors home. Then Paul kicked me to the curb telling me to move rooms again. His friend Harold wants his room back and I had to move out for him because Paul said.
Watch out for Paul everyone. He is friendly at first but will stab u deep on ur back. Takes any monetary bribes. As I know. Paul has at this time 3 people living there that have not been sailing for over 6 months. They have land jobs to pay for the Sailors home rent.