Required training abroad

To all seamen, if you are every needing required security training mandated by ISPS/33 CFR please contact me. I can assist in getting you certified and off to work! Don’t get stuck in Port Said because your not up to date.

“You’re” Come on, if your gonna advertise stuff at least use the correct words.

Looks like you made the same mistake.

Haha glad someone noticed :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=IMSN REGIONAL DIRECTOR;145869]To all seamen, if you are every needing required security training mandated by ISPS/33 CFR please contact me. I can assist in getting you certified and off to work! Don’t get stuck in Port Said because your not up to date.[/QUOTE]

http://iampaddy.com/spell/

English is not my primary language gentlemen.

Mr. Cavo,
I don’t understand why the USCG always seems to use “Insure” in hundreds of exam questions when they surely mean “Ensure”

[B]Example:[/B]
CGID #: 1800
Book #: 3
Reference: BOWD; PUB 1310
Question: In order to[COLOR="#FF0000"] insure that a RACON signal is displayed on the radar, you should __________.
Answer A: increase the brilliance of the PPI scope
Answer B: turn off the interference controls on the radar
Answer C: use the maximum available range setting
Answer D: increase the radar signal output
Answer: B [/COLOR]

http://www.translegal.com/common-mistakes/ensure-vs-insure

[QUOTE=LI_Domer;145940]Mr. Cavo,
I don’t understand why the USCG always seems to use “Insure” in hundreds of exam questions when they surely mean “Ensure”[/QUOTE]

Short answer: because NMC has 4 people to manage over 25,000 questions for deck and engine exams, prepare the tests, and respond to all question protests on exams at the RECs. They have more important stuff to do. This one is not likely to confuse anyone or make someone who knows the information the question seeks to elicit choose a wrong answer, so it’s pretty low on the “to do” list.

This notwithstanding, in many contexts the words are synonyms:

Synonym Discussion of ENSURE
ensure, [U]insure[/U], assure, secure mean to make a thing or person sure. ensure, insure, and assure are interchangeable in many contexts where they indicate the making certain or inevitable of an outcome…

See also:
Note the 4th definition.
Note the 3rd synonym.

The web site you cited is for lawyers. Would you prefer the questions were written by lawyers? (I have experience with that…) Or maybe someone whose language is not English?

Very good point. I suppose things could be worse all things considered.