Problems replying to posts

This is frustrating…

Testing one two three…regard all further alarms

[QUOTE=tengineer1;190095]Website is poorly maintained. Becoming too aggravating to bother with. Perhaps owners have lost interest due to lack of traffic/money[/QUOTE]

Been wondering the same thing. Fixing it ain’t rocket science.

[QUOTE=Lee Shore;190112]Been wondering the same thing. Fixing it ain’t rocket science.[/QUOTE]

The extreme difficulty logging in has just about killed the forum

Have been having issues replying to posts for some time now (including today), and intermittently run into the flickering/page jumping issue which seems to be related to the ads.

Also very, very laggy when typing. Using Chrome (like 54 percent of the world). I soldiered on after the Android app died, despite it being a PITA to log-in from my smart phone. But I agree, almost not worth it at th is point.

[QUOTE=tugsailor;190133]The extreme difficulty logging in has just about killed the forum[/QUOTE]
I would thank you for this post if I could.

Currently Chrome on a Windows 8 flickers/jumps and new posts don’t show up. Chrome on I-Pad seems to be OK. Specific problems seem to vary from day to day.

Yes, getting flickering (repeated loading) on Chrome. Windows 10, new laptop.

Did this post?

[QUOTE=AHTS Master;190193]Did this post?[/QUOTE]

nope…didn’t see a thing

Hey Scooter.

[QUOTE=AHTS Master;190195]Hey Scooter.[/QUOTE]

you need to speak up Boy! that teeny tiny voice of yours can barely be heard

why don’t we play a nice game of baseball?..you do know what a baseball is?

Well it’s nice to know I’m not alone (with this Android problem). Been constantly trying to login while on a ship for the past 42 days. Or I’ll be automatically logged in but showing no new posts. I got home and have no problems on the pc. I read the first 2 pages of the thread, will look at the rest for a fix later but in the mean time if there has been one please reply to me with it.

Also…I’ve always only used the forum but recently came upon the main section of the site via Facebook and enjoyed the articles. Do I just save a separate bookmark that leads to the articles on my phone to quickly access that part of the site or somehow find it once I’m in the Forum. What have ya’ll (I’m a yankee but worked in the GOM for a while, haha)been doing in that regard?

I really enjoy gCaptain forum but not having a clear, easy to navigate app has always been a bummer. Android has been working okay since they fixed the problems awhile back but I’d be willing to pay a few dollars to actually have an app with better presentation.

[QUOTE=Hawespiper5;190447]Well it’s nice to know I’m not alone (with this Android problem). Been constantly trying to login while on a ship for the past 42 days. Or I’ll be automatically logged in but showing no new posts. I got home and have no problems on the pc. I read the first 2 pages of the thread, will look at the rest for a fix later but in the mean time if there has been one please reply to me with it.

Also…I’ve always only used the forum but recently came upon the main section of the site via Facebook and enjoyed the articles. Do I just save a separate bookmark that leads to the articles on my phone to quickly access that part of the site or somehow find it once I’m in the Forum. What have ya’ll (I’m a yankee but worked in the GOM for a while, haha)been doing in that regard?

I really enjoy gCaptain forum but not having a clear, easy to navigate app has always been a bummer. Android has been working okay since they fixed the problems awhile back but I’d be willing to pay a few dollars to actually have an app with better presentation.[/QUOTE]

Try hitting the refresh button.
I have to manually refresh every time I click on something which sometimes triggers a bunch of flickering which can only be stopped by re-refreshing. I hope it gets fixed soon because it is a PITA and is using up way too much time (PC with Windows 10). Not quite as bad using iPad.
I’m no expert but there seems to be an obvious issue with the board not automatically refreshing. Any computer geeks onboard who can comment on why this is so difficult for the forum gurus to fix?

I don’t know what the hell yall have changed, but the forum isn’t worth a damn anymore. I can’t stay logged in and the new posts never displays anything. I would use the app, but the one for android went down years ago. I’d love to keep up with what’s going on, epically given the world downturn on everything related to shipping, but this is getting way to frustrating!

It seems to have gone downhill again. None of the new posts show up, the activity stream is days out of date, my notifications display (little red ball with a number in it) comes and goes at will and there is no way to determine when the last post was made. Repeatedly reloading doesn’t seem to do much most of the time … sometimes it does, most times it doesn’t. I know there are new posts someplace but the server won’t show them.

Can’t they just reset the server or something? It is obvious that the damn thing is suffering from some kind of dementia, fix it or replace it for Chrissake.

Still having issues myself. I have to do a lot of refreshing to see my posts. Come on John and Mike, surely the fault is not with us.

Better to send an email than assume these posts get read by the admins.

[QUOTE=Kennebec Captain;190749]Better to send an email than assume these posts get read by the admins.[/QUOTE]

Start with a server shut down and restart and go from there. Hosting co. in TX renting space from the public traded big boys and girls Rackspace? Hate to say it but the problem did start when a forum member was reinstated? FYI: the admins have been very busy based on the recent industry unrest. Just take a look at the volume and great job of reliable information and articles written. The forum is secondary to making real $

DSD

Still having trouble myself.

It seemed to get somewhat better for a little while but recently it has become aggravating again.