Problems replying to posts

[QUOTE=DeepSeaDiver;189275]Can all forum members that read this thread let us all know if you are having any problems or not?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the same problem here on this side of the pond. Posts disappear after first showing up.

Just updated. This is a Test Test Test. Anybody read??

[QUOTE=ombugge;189292]Yes, the same problem here on this side of the pond. Posts disappear after first showing up.

Just updated. This is a Test Test Test. Anybody read??[/QUOTE]

Roger that.

Same problems. Randomly I can access a new post (like here) over the subtitles in the Forum Homepage.
‘New Posts’ shows posts ‘from today’, but at the ‘today’ some 10 days ago.

Cookies, history and saved files deleted.
Tried with Win7 Home and Win7 Pro; with Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox… always the same.

Same problems. New post doesnt show up, New Posts just gets old stuff with “today” as date, page flickers like mad … about ready to give up.

[QUOTE=Urs;189294]Same problems. Randomly I can access a new post (like here) over the subtitles in the Forum Homepage.
‘New Posts’ shows posts ‘from today’, but at the ‘today’ some 10 days ago.

Cookies, history and saved files deleted.
Tried with Win7 Home and Win7 Pro; with Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox… always the same.[/QUOTE]

I believe this may be a vBulletin problem. Another forum I frequent also have problems. (Similar, not same)
That forum use:

vBulletin™ Version 5.0.4 Copyright © 2016 vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Not sure if same version as used here. Problems have been persistent but changing for some time.

[QUOTE=ombugge;189297]I believe this may be a vBulletin problem. Another forum I frequent also have problems. (Similar, not same)
That forum use:
Not sure if same version as used here. Problems have been persistent but changing for some time.[/QUOTE]

You could be very much correct Mr. ombugge - The Version 5.0.4 is a different updated version? and looks like they are having problems / bugs with the PHP SQL server stuff. Although it looks like we are on 4.2.2 not sure if the patch was attempted to be installed on this forum? So that could be consistent with what you are saying. Cheers from this side of the pond.

I have had trouble replying in threads and using the new post button since c.captain returned. Connection? You tell me.

[QUOTE=Steamer;189296]…page flickers like mad … about ready to give up.[/QUOTE]

The same here, but only if I open a thread where my post is the newest one in the thread. It seems the engine would like to show my post, but cannot and tries again, and again, and again…
Does this horrible flickering provoke eye cancer?

I hope that an expert of the web hosting company will read this thread with all the described symptoms.

[QUOTE=Urs;189321]The same here, but only if I open a thread where my post is the newest one in the thread. It seems the engine would like to show my post, but cannot and tries again, and again, and again…
Does this horrible flickering provoke eye cancer?

I hope that an expert of the web hosting company will read this thread with all the described symptoms.[/QUOTE]

When this flickering occure just hit the X that is shown in place of the “refresh” button. It disappears, or at least it does work for me.

PS> If you get problems with your eye sight you may consider terminating other activities that I hear MAY do so.

[QUOTE=Kraken;189317]I have had trouble replying in threads and using the new post button since c.captain returned. Connection? You tell me.[/QUOTE]

Gotta be related! What else could it be?

:smiley:

Clearing the browser cache worked great for me

When using Chrome, I just refresh once or twice and it brings things up to date. . . but even after posting and/or reading. . .

Was on the road this weekend, Safari on the iPad worked fine. So it seems to be limited to desktop browsers. Looks like the server software is confused about cache management and doesn’t notify the client (browser) that things on the server side have changed and tells the browser to pull from its local cache rather than refresh. This would explain why local refresh and clearing local cache works.

Cheers,

Earl

[QUOTE=Earl Boebert;189361]Was on the road this weekend, Safari on the iPad worked fine. So it seems to be limited to desktop browsers. Looks like the server software is confused about cache management and doesn’t notify the client (browser) that things on the server side have changed and tells the browser to pull from its local cache rather than refresh. This would explain why local refresh and clearing local cache works.

Cheers,

Earl[/QUOTE]

That’s a good way to describe it Earl Boebert. That’s why the site needs a web hosting server restart so that the performance can be re-evaluated after that happens. The web servers are just like our computers, phones etc. every so often they have to have a shutdown / hard restart. If the problem still occurs after the restart that would be at least following some type of flow chart for diagnosis. They have to confirm if the server is able to process the request. Actually it does not look like it is that’s why its problematic. Is there a conflict between the software version and the installed PHP SQL version? We are not going to be able to inform google chrome, firefox, or Microsoft internet explorer or edge browser teams that they have a problem with this site with any success.

Has any changes been made to the vbulletin .htaccess file. ??

I am still having trouble seeing my recent posts.

Well, let’s see if this works.

So far, I’ve tried Firefox, IE and MS Edge and can not get the little Green Marker to go away after refreshing after reading the thread.

I just posted in another thread and it’s still not showing up. I can see the post in IE but can’t see new replies.

Can you hear me now? Bueller? Bueller?

I’m using Chrome.

I was having big problems with the old version but everything is working great for me now.

[QUOTE=catherder;189513]I just posted in another thread and it’s still not showing up. I can see the post in IE but can’t see new replies.

Can you hear me now? Bueller? Bueller?

I’m using Chrome.[/QUOTE]

Sorry folks, we’ve been short on manpower this week due start of school and such. I will start digging into this problem asap.

[QUOTE=DeepSeaDiver;189363]

Has any changes been made to the vbulletin .htaccess file. ??[/QUOTE]

Not recently