Problems replying to posts

For the last couple of days, when I try to post a reply it disappears. When I hit the post button, I can see my reply but when I go to “New posts” it’s gone.

I’ve tried using several different browsers and have had the same problem. So, has anyone else been having problems?

Yes, trouble logging in, new posts disappear.

Happened to me a few times too.
Also, whenever I open gCaptain, I have to reload the page a few times before I actually get the latest posts.

[QUOTE=farmerfalconer;189078]Happened to me a few times too.
Also, whenever I open gCaptain, I have to reload the page a few times before I actually get the latest posts.[/QUOTE]
Same problem.

[QUOTE=farmerfalconer;189078]Happened to me a few times too.
Also, whenever I open gCaptain, I have to reload the page a few times before I actually get the latest posts.[/QUOTE]

For me, deleting my browsing history and cache has been helping to see the latest posts.

[U]If?[/U] the gCaptain forum and website webmaster has not made any recent changes / upgrades to the source PHP code, or added some plugins to the functionality? - it would be a good idea to ask the hosting company to please do a server restart. It seems like the problem possibly relates to auto refresh?

Have the same problem. Was using Google Chrome and it is pretty much worthless in responding here. Am now using Microsoft Edge, but have to refresh page constantly for the updated version.

Same problem. Spoke to Mike yesterday and he told me to clear my cache. Didn’t help much. Evidently from these posts, problem is on forum side.

[QUOTE=Lee Shore;189160]Same problem. Spoke to Mike yesterday and he told me to clear my cache. Didn’t help much. Evidently from these posts, problem is on forum side.[/QUOTE]

I am able to use my Google Chrome browser now, but must reload after every post or read. . . .

“test test”

I haven’t been here in a few weeks but I’ll see if I have the same issue. Use Chrome but also have Firefox. Maybe it is the browser?

I could not see my post under Chrome but can under Firefox. Let me see if this shows up.

Ah, I can post and see the posts using Firefox. Give it a try!

I’ve been showing no “new posts”. I figured the fourm was just dead haha. Going through each sub-forum on a phone is a pain and naturally there’s still no app for Android.

I’m using Firefox, and can’t get any updates via “new posts”. I have to look through the “Activity Stream”.

Needs a web hosting company server restart, then you can evaluate the forum / website software performance after that and see if additional modifications need to be made to the source code? Most likely this server is shared with other domains. Dedicated servers are very expensive.

I’m having issues posting as well. I can post in this sub-forum, but if I go to the Professional Mariner sub forum (and most of the others) it logs me out. I can re-enter my password and it says that I’ve logged in, but as soon as I click on the reply button it says that I need to be logged in and prompts me for my password. I’m thinking DeepSeaDiver’s got the right idea. My browser dumps the cache, passwords, and cookies when I close it and I haven’t made any changes to my computer for a while now.

The forum search function (which I assume, like most forum engines I’ve worked with, is what produces the “new posts” listing) is clearly broken. I’ve reported it but haven’t heard back.

Cheers,

Earl

Can all forum members that read this thread let us all know if you are having any problems or not?

I had some issues yesterday, ended up with a double post even.
And punching the new posts button has stopped working.
I’m on Chrome

[QUOTE=Ctony;189083]For me, deleting my browsing history and cache has been helping to see the latest posts.[/QUOTE]

I’ve had to do the same, Need to clear cookies after every session, both on my computer and phone. Sounds like a problem others are having, and it is not at my end.

Had to log out and clear cookies to see my post below (#19).