Poll Topics - YOU suggest (Free T-Shirt)

john,
I forgot to add the requirement that anyone who posts to this forum is ineligible to be a model!

…snip…

How many professional mariners are recreational boaters on their time off?

Why would I want to get near a boat on my time of? My wife has been trying to get me to go on a cruise for 15 years!!

A guy on my crew lives on a boat. I call that overkill.

Cheng, I have a wife of 15 years …wanna trade ?

Sure, she have a boat?

Yes…She has 2, actually…Deal breaker…huh?..

I have a boat and I love fishing on my time off. Their is a big difference between being on a boat at work and being on a boat at home. The difference is “RUM”

I would rather jump on my scooter with the “old lady” and stop wherever we end up, find a hotel with a hot tub, some cold beer then call Grandma and see how the Rugrats are behaving. The last place you will find me is near the water.

What was it one retiring C/E told me when I asked him where he was going to live? Oh yeah. He said “I’m gonna take an oar with me, and drive until someone asks ‘what is that thing?’. Then I’ll know I’m home.”

Sweet

Any thoughts about a salary poll? Industry (AHTS, PSV/OSV, Inland push, etc.) , Position (Master, 3rd Mate, 1600 Mate, AB, CH ENG, Ass Eng), license held, day rate? All anonymous of course!

Good idea. Only problem is that it’s too complicated for a poll… we would have to create a survey. This isn’t a problem for us… we’ll just have to think about the best way to administer it.

John, here’s my suggestions:

[ul]
[li]should there be a professional association to represent U.S. mariners in Washington DC & would you be willing to pay for a membership in such an organization?[/li][/ul]and
[ul]
[li]who agrees that the problem of foreign mariners getting more and more jobs which should be going to Americans and that Congress needs to take action to put an end to this?[/li][/ul]thanks