Offshore slash and burn tactics

Having the same thing happen to me… Obviously they don’t like “assholes” out here cause that’s what I get called on a regular basis… Got a possibility to go work on tugs… How is the transition from OSV’s to Tugs? What advice can anyone give me?

I guess prepare to make less money and work harder? I dunno…

You crazy rabbits!!!

[QUOTE=AB Murph;167415]You crazy rabbits!!![/QUOTE]

crazy is as crazy does…

if your hooked on that big boat, fancy equipment, yes sir , no sir appeal of the OSV. TUGS WOULD DRIVE YOU CRAZY. But if you like true boat handling and going to different ports than tugs are where it’s at. Good luck with your decision.

Well I have a buddy of mine that went through the transition and said at first he hated it, and now he said he wouldn’t go bak to OSV if his life depended on it… He also said the work is alot steadier where he is then in the gulf. Well, I have a wife and a newborn daughter at home I have to feed so idc if I hate my job or not, which I don’t, I make the best of it and I’m looking for a steadier area to work in… Cause as we all know, the GOM is going to shit, fast…

[QUOTE=josh.reid24;167408]Having the same thing happen to me… Obviously they don’t like “assholes” out here cause that’s what I get called on a regular basis… Got a possibility to go work on tugs… How is the transition from OSV’s to Tugs? What advice can anyone give me?[/QUOTE]

Tugs are fine, the barge is a pain in the ass.

Well said Cap. This is a hell of a thread. Slash and burn to fuck Joe boss to batteries to anti female attitudes to know it all engineers to sexual favors to ass kissing to idiot engineers to unions and back to batteries and air starters to fried food to gluten to GMO to shittalking to weed…I fuckin love you guys!
46737-VICTORINOX SWISS ARMY CHRONOGRAPH TITANIUM WATCH
and am glad to come back and see that all is well.

[QUOTE=OBXmariner;167453]if your hooked on that big boat, fancy equipment, yes sir , no sir appeal of the OSV. TUGS WOULD DRIVE YOU CRAZY. But if you like true boat handling and going to different ports than tugs are where it’s at. Good luck with your decision.[/QUOTE]

33 years ago, I made the switch from deep sea to hawser boats. I figured it was temporary. . . hated the tugs at first but really grew to appreciate the towing end of things. Eventually moved to ITBs, but back then, the operations was similar to being on the hawser. As an engineer, it was an increase of workload, what with that stinking barge accessible and all. . . .stayed out of the oil patch, though.